Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine just changed back to 768. I changed it to 1024 and hit apply several times and then refresh several times. I logged out, logged back in, and it had reverted to 768.
Disable the PTZ in BI and try again to see if it is BI sending a mixed signal. Maybe the version you are on is causing it.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Disable the PTZ in BI and try again to see if it is BI sending a mixed signal. Maybe the version you are on is causing it.
I will try that, but it's basically been doing this since I got it, and I have updated through a couple BI versions since then.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope, no difference. It still changed it from anything else to 768.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My camera is on this firmware: DH_SD-Gauss_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.821.0000006.1.R.230316

My BI is version 5.5.7.11

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same firmware, different BI versions.

Let me fire up a demo with that version and see what it does.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe it still happened on 5.7.1.3

Simply changing the bit rate, logging out, and logging back in will cause it to change to a different one.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah but I am on 5.5.x.x that is over a year old and maybe this is an issue on the BI version forward from when you started your BI journey?

How hard would it be to take the camera completely off the grid you have going to BI - like do you have an injector or another POE+ switch that you could completely isolate and have just this camera connected to a computer?

I am still cleaning up my demo but will be trying that soon as well.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I had to use my spare POE switch earlier to add the spotter above the garage, but have a new one coming that should be here tomorrow. I can try something then.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just tried it and mine stays at 1024 bitrate.

I guess the options are try the factory reset or see if we can figure out the API and you send the bitrate command that way. I know some folks were doing that with the 49225 for the mainstream bitrate.

digiblur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks to @digiblur great video for the MINI PTZ. He also show some setting tips on it, amazing tracking, hope the boy not hurt bad.:D

Thanks for the share Andy! I have been using this for a few months and I am still mind blown with some of the footage I capture.

The fall clip was a perfect storm for sure! I couldn't help myself as I knew it had to go in. The boy wasn't hurt except for maybe a bruise or two, more of his pride hurt really.

Thanks for the great support as I hear nothing but positive comments from fans.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the share Andy! I have been using this for a few months and I am still mind blown with some of the footage I capture.

The fall clip was a perfect storm for sure! I couldn't help myself as I knew it had to go in. The boy wasn't hurt except for maybe a bruise or two, more of his pride hurt really.

Thanks for the great support as I hear nothing but positive comments from fans.
Watch many of your videos before, love your reviews on cameras. Didn't know you are also a ipcamtalk member too.:D

digiblur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Watch many of your videos before, love your reviews on cameras. Didn't know you are also a ipcamtalk member too.:D
I lurk a little bit but I'm around! Thanks for the comments! My stuff ends up a bit long at times but I like some in depth stuff myself so that's what I do and include the YouTube chapter marks so people can skip around to stuff they want.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you update this cam with Dahua firmware?

Other question: can you update the identical Hikvision cam (DS-2DE4A425IW-DE) with this firmware?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you update this cam with Dahua firmware?

Other question: can you update the identical Hikvision cam (DS-2DE4A425IW-DE) with this firmware?
Yes on the first one.

I would suspect not on the 2nd question LOL.

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would suspect not on the 2nd question LOL.
I meant to say hack it... Anyway going to order this one. Hikvision one been my favorite cam for past couple years just wish auto tracking only worked on people.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Where is the IVS setup in these? I don't see it under Event?