Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had to post my question here instead of to make a new forum question. Lot of noise/blurry image with DS-2CD2347G-LU 4MP. Need advise.
See video for what I mean.
Can someone explain how this is possible or is this just because there is too little light in the area? You see a lot of noise / blur on the street and around the white bus. License plate itself is very difficult to see. What can I do about it? I would like your help and advice on what this could possibly be. Shutterspeed is 1/500. WDR is OFF and 25FPS. Camera is 6mm
See all the responses in your other thread. It is best not to post the same question in multiple places....

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's just for the brightness level - not the timing.

The 'Timing' radio button is associated with the event-driven LED configuration and only used when 'Triggered by event' is available.
Perhaps your specific firmware version doesn't have this capability.
What version is running?
This is the V7.3 build 190626 that has that capability :

View attachment 74429
@alastairstevenson - weird problem on a new 2347 I installed today. I updated firmware to Version 5.65, Build 200316. There is no "triggered by event" available anywhere that I can see. Any idea why that would be?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
- weird problem on a new 2347 I installed today. I updated firmware to Version 5.65, Build 200316. There is no "triggered by event" available anywhere that I can see. Any idea why that would be?
For the G1 IPC-T2347LU / DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) the last firmware version I checked for an event-triggered LED flash was 5.6.4 and it didn't have it either.
The only version I've seen that has provided this feature was the custom 5.6.2 version that was used by that Perth Oz CCTV company :

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the G1 IPC-T2347LU / DS-2CD2347G1-L(U) the last firmware version I checked for an event-triggered LED flash was 5.6.4 and it didn't have it either.
The only version I've seen that has provided this feature was the custom 5.6.2 version that was used by that Perth Oz CCTV company :
Thank you for the quick response - I just found that post and downloaded the file. I'll report back. So strange that Hik has not enabled this...

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got the same problem as a guy earlier in this thread. When I load that firmware it shows event-based LED that allows me to set a time period. After logging out, the very next time I log in there is no "triggered by event" and the "LED on" radio button is greyed out and cannot be chosen. If I reload the firmware, it's the same thing. Options are there the first time, but upon reload the same thing happens. I even upgraded to the current firmware, downgraded to the Aussie version and the same - first login shows the options but upon reload it's the same problems. Weird. And by the way, even when I could access these options the "triggered by event" did not work. It just kept the LED lights on all the time.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
did you do a 'factory reset' after the FW update? and/or possibly need to clear browser cache...

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did not do a factory reset - I assumed that would wipe the new firmware and revert back to what it was shipped with. I will try the browser cache - thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did not do a factory reset - I assumed that would wipe the new firmware and revert back to what it was shipped with. I will try the browser cache - thanks.
Factory resets do not wipe new firmware.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
a factory reset is often required when a firmware change adds/removes features in order to 'fix' the underlying config files...

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apologies for being a pain, but under Config, Upgrade/Maintenance there are options for Restore or Default. Or are you guys referring to a hard reset by powering off, pressing the button under the SD card cover and powering on?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
'restore' from the GUI will usually do the trick. 'default' (same as holding reset button down on reboot) would require reconfiguring networking and admin password, more of pain and last resort...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
although, I just re-loaded the 5.6.2 with 'triggered by event' option and am not seeing the same behavior. (ie, it seem to work fine w/o resetting anything) I only see 'triggered by event' option if 'LED On' is set to 'timing' (nopt 'auto'), and only see the threshold setting if 'triggered by event' is set to 'yes'. This is using IE browser. other browsers may behave differently?

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did the reset as suggested and the options are back. See below. Here's the behavior I am seeing from this option - if the room is lit up, the LED's stay out during the scheduled time frame. If the room is dark, the LED's stay on all the time. I'd hoped that triggering line crossing/intrusion would maybe light them up even more, but nope. So far I am not having success with getting event-triggered LED's to come on. Should "Led on" be set to auto for event-only LED's?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
no, it must be set to timing (auto disables the 'triggered by event' option.

BUT, you must also 'link' the event to the 'Flashing Alarm' in the event/Linkage Method page(s)...

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did that and it is triggering on line/intrusion, but it's just a short series of flashes. Is there a way to have the lights turn on steady, for a user-defined period of time?

Thanks for sticking with me so far...

Last edited:

camkeke

n3wb
Reaction score
Has some trick. I will post some guide here soon.
Interested in this, I have a majority of Dahua cams and plan on buying a Dahua NVR... but I have this camera too and I would like to know how to integrate it (and even better if it can do motion detection with the NVR).

camkeke

n3wb
Reaction score
@camkeke
sure check this
Thank you Andy!

I'm having some issues configuring the exposure and so on. Mostly to get the right quality at night time. I wonder what others recommend for my case. It's a backyard with indirect light behind it. I also have domotics-controlled floor lights in it.
The auto/scheduled switch UI is very confusing and it does not seem to work for me.

FW is V5.6.2 build 200407

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Andy!

I'm having some issues configuring the exposure and so on. Mostly to get the right quality at night time. I wonder what others recommend for my case. It's a backyard with indirect light behind it. I also have domotics-controlled floor lights in it.
The auto/scheduled switch UI is very confusing and it does not seem to work for me.

FW is V5.6.2 build 200407
Common issues with camera image | IP Cam Talk