Review- New Design Tendelux 10 Watt IR illuminator.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is from last night. A total of 39 cars went by in an hour and a half. No specialty plates which is kind of strange. Again 100% of the plates. Interesting that on this particular camera I have to adjust the focus maybe once a week. However, someone was trying to be tricky, and I will post the front and rear plates of the car.

Front plate.

View attachment 168730

Rear plate.

View attachment 168731
Don't know if you already posted it, but what is the distance?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe around 65' to the picture of the blacked out plate. The car in the 2nd picture is maybe 45'. Both the 5442E-ZR4 cameras shown above are maxed out. I have two more LPR cameras that are mounted in a tree that is located next to the street. They are not maxed out.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok this is from last night. Finally, a car with a California retro plate came through. These are by far the worst for my cameras to pick up. Now if there is a license plate light on the rear plate like most cars have it makes things better. I will post two pictures. One is from camera LP1 that has the new Speco IR illuminator and also the rear plate. The 2nd picture is from LP4 and is my camera closest to the street and located in the pine tree. However even it cannot pick up the front plate without light. The LP4 camera is only using the IR illuminators on the camera. I would have to say that the Speco IR illuminator does help, but I would not say it is the panacea that we are looking for with the newer style plates. By the way the plate number is COLTEN 1.

License Plate 7282023 Retro Plate LP1.jpg

License Plate 7282023 Retro Front LP4.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Most of my front plates are not too bad. The temporary California paper plates do not show up well in the front. However, I can catch them on the rear plate. I think this IR illuminator has helped and I am going to buy another one and install it next to my LP2 camera. I will be doing this next month after my credit card rolls over.

How far away are the cars in your pictures? You may want to try an IR illuminator.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what cam to use. Need to reach 270ft with no streetlights around.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You would need a long range IR Illuminator. The one I purchased is "claimed" to go out to 180".
I have three CMVision IR130 that state 300-400ft, six Tendelux DI20, and one DI10. I have one of the CM's pointed in the general area mainly at a backyard fence. Need to point it at the intersection. One of the problems is that I'm using a Lorex LNZ44P12B PTZ that only has a 1/2.8 sensor. Works great for daytime plates using cloned cams to point it at the intersection (poor man auto tracker). Happened to be watching and pionted my SD5A425XA (got from Andy) at the intersection. Here are the two pics:Cam1.20230729_210433228.2765 - Copy.jpgPTZ-2.20230729_210434545.2764 - Copy.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
This what I like about your Axton : " Six Angle/Coverage Options: 150˚, 90˚, 60˚x30˚, 30˚, 20˚x10˚ or 10˚"

You have a good range of coverage options. At 10 degrees, I have no doubt that it does reach out that far.
Yeah I specifically picked the 10 because I wanted max illumination in a tight window to pick up damaged/dirty plates. It’s amazing how much better it is than the built in cam Ir.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Just for kicks, I saw a pickup truck go by with the California retro Orange on Black plate. Same camera as in post 185 and a front plate shot. However, this was taken in the daytime and the difference between day and night is quite apparent. In fact, no comparison.

License Plate 7302023 LP4 Retro Plate BOOMAH1.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here are a couple from last night. On one I was not able to get the rear plate and there was no front plate. The other is an example of someone going to the trouble of making their rear plate unreadable but then they are leaving the front plate alone.

On this one the back plate has been played with and I cannot read it. However I can read the 250 center in both photos.

License Plate 7302023 LP1 Bad On Rear.jpg

However, he left the front plate alone and it is very readable.

License Plate 7302023 LP2 Bad Rear Plate.jpg

Now on this one I could not read the back plate and there was no front plate.

License Plate 7302023 LP1 Cannot Read.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been seeing lots of cars now with that smoked plastic cover over the plate. It is hard to read it if you are in a car behind them, let alone on camera at night.
I see those every night. However, in most cases around here they leave the front license plate alone and I can get that one. In the above picture that car is one of the few that has also removed the front plate. While I am at it here is an old plate that does not show up that well at all. This plate is probably 22 years old, however I am still able to read it. The plate number is 4UWA428.

License Plate 7302923 LP1 Worst Plate.jpg

License Plate 7303023 LP4 worst plate.jpg