Review-IP Villa Outdoor Doorbell Station & Indoor Monitor Kit

Reaction score
Unsure about integration with Dahua NVR's but does integrate with Blue Iris as any other camera. Live stream, alerts, recordings, etc.
IPCT here does have a minor home automation subforum. I try to contribute where I can although I'm totally new with the HA stuff. Gots Hass.io installed on a NUC with 8 nodes but have yet to do any Node-Red flows or other fancy stuff just yet. 56 (was 57) projects going on at the same time in my house.

newfoundlandplucky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks [U]looney2ns[/U] for the recommendation. This solution is very, very close to what I've wanted for almost two years.

Have yet to verify that VoIP integration to my service provider is possible. The SIP menu options lead me to be hopeful.

I'll leave this behind for those who want chime integration without the overhead of a full home automation software stack.

Sorry, it currently uses a FriendlyElec NanoPI (complete overkill) instead of a Raspberry Pi. I'll port to a Raspberry Pi Zero W and call the GONG project complete.

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How did you get Blueiris 2 way working? Can seem to enable mic. Left BI audio defaults for the VTO.

Also uPNP the only way to get the gDMSS app to notify when I get a call? I'd like to use direct port forwarding with DDNS.

Annnnd Last question. Can I view saved messages from the gDMSS app? I've setup a 64GB SD card in to VTO, can only view saved messages on the VTH. I was hoping I could easily view the saved messages while I'm away.

Last edited:

marvine

n3wb
Reaction score
So if i understand this camera intergrates with Synology surveilance system and is a working doorbell with 2 way audio etc?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How did you get Blueiris 2 way working? Can seem to enable mic. Left BI audio defaults for the VTO.

Also uPNP the only way to get the gDMSS app to notify when I get a call? I'd like to use direct port forwarding with DDNS.

Annnnd Last question. Can I view saved messages from the gDMSS app? I've setup a 64GB SD card in to VTO, can only view saved messages on the VTH. I was hoping I could easily view the saved messages while I'm away.
1- Chose the Dahua a35A cam in BI for model.

2-Don't port forward or leave uPNP turned on. Study this: How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk

3-gDMSS worked for saved messages in my testing. I didn't do anything special.

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok tried the DMSS app ( without the I ) and can see video messages. See screenshot. weird. Added via the same method. Even viewing recorded video works via DMSS app.

Attachments

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anyone able to screenshot video messages on gDMSS plus? I'm struggling with this. As mentioned previously I can view via the DMSS app but not gDMSS. Additionally DMSS only shows the first 4-5 seconds of the video. When trying to view via playback same issue. I've recorded most videos at 20 seconds. I've tried on my android S10 and wife iPhone 11.

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
I ordered the VTO4202F-P and VTH2421FW-P.
They got the same firmware as @Holbs :
  • VTH version is : 20191209 v4.400.0000000.7.R
  • VTO version is: 2020-02-21 V4.410.0000000.4.R Security Baseline Version: v2.0

I very quickly managed to be able to monitor the VTO from the VTH but I cannot call the VTH from the VTO: I immediately got the message "The call is not answered".
I managed to get a SSH access to the VTO and VTH: all seems to be ok with the IP address and the gateway.
I checked and double-checked all password again and the name of the VTH (9901#0). Nothing.
I upgraded the firmware of the VTH to be in sync with the VTO: no improvement.
I did a factory reset of the VTH and configured again: this time I could not access the monitor ! Argh !

Normally this should not be too difficult:
  • Give the VTH the correct name (9901#0 instead of 9901)
  • configure properly the SIP server credentials on the VTH
  • configure properly the VTO credentials

I tried confirming the passwords I don't know how many times. No success.
The really strange thing is that the VTH is never registered on my router. I don't see it in the list of network devices.
Also poking around "calling 8001" from the VTH for instance, I immediately got the "Abnormal network" error messages.
I suspect there is something wrong with the VTH.

How can I debug this ?

Thanks in advance,

Reaction score
I bet something amiss with the firmware updated you did on the VTH. I did the same and it's bricked, will not even boot up.

Reaction score
I will admit, had to follow the YouTube vids mentioned somewhere above to configure everything. I wonder, changing name from 9901#0 to 9901. Change back to 9901#0 for temp purposes and see. I tried to change the name to "1" or something and things were quirky

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks to your post, I didn't upgrade the language bin. That probably saved me.
I changed several times between 9901#0 and 9901, no improvement

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No thanks ;-) I will try with this one first.
Perhaps I'll try a factory reset of both VTO and VTH to see what is happening,

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I will make a guide for how to update the firmware. Can't brick, this kind of brick only have to send back to dahua factory.

livebild

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A guide about how to make VTH/VTO working would also be useful, I can contribute...

Reaction score
side note about the VTO: what is the recommended height of the box itself on the outside wall? Does it go 5'-6' up high for facial recog or down low where the old doorbell is? I currently have mine up high between 5'-6' from where my old boobie cam was residing.