Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you use microSD cards?

I've seen this same problem on the 59225 and the PTZ1A225U this week both on their latest firmwares and I'm wondering if maybe there's something wrong with microSD support on both.

Temperatures have hit the 30s here this week but in comparison to some countries that shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you use microSD cards?

I've seen this same problem on the 59225 and the PTZ1A225U this week both on their latest firmwares and I'm wondering if maybe there's something wrong with microSD support on both.

Temperatures have hit the 30s here this week but in comparison to some countries that shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.
Im still on the November firmware but my sd card no longer works.. its way too high to get at to take out.. could be a bad card or a camera issue.. not sure..

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What cards are you guys using and where were they bought from?

There was an issue with microSD introduced in one of the 5231 firmwares last year and the next version fixed it.

If you have easy access it's worth formatting them and running through a couple of loops of h2testw to ensure there is no microSD issue.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
What cards are you guys using and where were they bought from?

There was an issue with microSD introduced in one of the 5231 firmwares last year and the next version fixed it.

If you have easy access it's worth formatting them and running through a couple of loops of h2testw to ensure there is no microSD issue.
I believe mine is a san disk.. cant get to my camera easily

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to extend the time on the tracking before it returns to preset?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Does this camera suppirt 2 way audio? I am wondering why its almost next to impossible to get these chinese manufacturers to post full specs on thier cameras???
Has the wires. Need a powered speaker i suppose

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this camera suppirt 2 way audio? I am wondering why its almost next to impossible to get these chinese manufacturers to post full specs on thier cameras???
Yes it does, and the specs that detail whether or not it supports two way audio is indeed listed on the website and in the spec sheet. As they are for all the cameras Dahua has.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anyway someone can provide a link to an image of the cameras connections?

Andy at king security sent me an email stating its only one way...Im assuming it can record with a powered mic.

Has anyone actually have this camera functioning in a 2 way environment?

I have powered mics and amplified outdoor speakers already so im set in this aspect. Just need to verify.

The spec sheet on the camera states Audio 1/1, The problem here is what does that mean? One way? Or 1 to 1 conversation and record? Normally camera states 2 way if its 2 way. If the camera has the typical pigtail rca connections there will be 2 of them audio in for the microphones and an audio out fir the speakers.

Lastly, if this camera is not 2 way capable then is Blue Iris capable of 2 way audio as a seperate standalone function?

Thanks again for all your help
Audio I/O means 1 In and 1 out.
upload_2018-10-8_12-38-21.png

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just noticed my ivs alarm tracking track time is 5 seconds on all my presets that I have set up, I know they where between 15-30 seconds before depending on preset now when I go to change them and save says save succeeded but when I go to another preset to adj that one or refresh it they always reset to 5 seconds. I have auto tracking in ptz function off always did when running ivs rules. also noticed camera stopped recording motion at 7:10am this morning and at 11am I checked all settings and all seemed ok had to reboot twice before it would record again that's when I noticed the 5 second tracking time issue. just confirmed tracking time was working correctly before 7:10am. log shows last event end at 6:40am but there was 8 more event recordings evenly spread out up to the 7:10am issue then nothing until 11:am when I went in settings. Running 6-27-2018 firmware any thoughts and what is the newest firmware and do you like it.
Thanks Dabossc7

Attachments

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just noticed my ivs alarm tracking track time is 5 seconds on all my presets that I have set up, I know they where between 15-30 seconds before depending on preset now when I go to change them and save says save succeeded but when I go to another preset to adj that one or refresh it they always reset to 5 seconds. I have auto tracking in ptz function off always did when running ivs rules. also noticed camera stopped recording motion at 7:10am this morning and at 11am I checked all settings and all seemed ok had to reboot twice before it would record again that's when I noticed the 5 second tracking time issue. just confirmed tracking time was working correctly before 7:10am. log shows last event end at 6:40am but there was 8 more event recordings evenly spread out up to the 7:10am issue then nothing until 11:am when I went in settings. Running 6-27-2018 firmware any thoughts and what is the newest firmware and do you like it.
Thanks Dabossc7
I'd try setting cam back to factory defaults, then try again.

HereBull

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just want to say after owning this camera for over a year now, I'm extremely pleased with it. It has survived a major hurricane recently (Florence) that damaged several of my older Hikvision domes due to water intrusion (still not sure how yet). I wanted to ask, is this still the GoTo model right now or has Dahua come out with a newer model?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Just want to say after owning this camera for over a year now, I'm extremely pleased with it. It has survived a major hurricane recently (Florence) that damaged several of my older Hikvision domes due to water intrusion (still not sure how yet). I wanted to ask, is this still the GoTo model right now or has Dahua come out with a newer model?
Pm @EMPIRETECANDY
Andy will take care of you

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All depends on your needs. There have been several new ptz's released in the past year. Go to their site, choose international, and see all the choices.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have just purchased 10 of these cameras.... I have installed many cameras and cant seem to get any of these to work, the config tool cant find them, I am connected with Ethernet cables to my switch so it should be a no brainer.... I went through the instructions... There doesn't seem to be clarity if these cameras will function without a memory card? If so that would explain why I cant connect as non of them have memory cards in them as of yet,,, My other foscams work without a mem card in them... so there you go
They do not require a memory card. The default IP of the cams is 192.168.1.108.
Only plug one camera in at a time, or you will have conflicting IP address's until you change all of the IP's to something unique.
With ONE camera plugged into your switch, and the camera powered on, connect a computer to the same switch.
The computer needs to be on the same subnet as the camera. So, change the IP of the computer to 192.168.1.100 for example.
Using IE, not edge, put the default IP into the address bar.
YOu will then get a prompt from the camera to enter a strong password.
Change the IP to something that works for you.
Then continue on to the other cams one at a time.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have just purchased 10 of these cameras.... I have installed many cameras and cant seem to get any of these to work, the config tool cant find them, I am connected with Ethernet cables to my switch so it should be a no brainer.... I went through the instructions... There doesn't seem to be clarity if these cameras will function without a memory card? If so that would explain why I cant connect as non of them have memory cards in them as of yet,,, My other foscams work without a mem card in them... so there you go
Is the camera booting up when first powered , meaning does it go thru its ptz functions. Give it a minute

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Also try to check if the switch support POE+, normally wrong power will not start the camera well. Can try to use the power adapter coming with the camera to test. Camera will seft pan/tilt when using the right power

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
HI All,
  • The problem was my network was not on the same subnet.
  • The paper setup instructions had no info the cameras had a static ip address of 192.168.1.8
  • I spent 17 hours trying to get the camera configuration software tool to work. It still does not work.
  • I have been using a typical web browser to setup cameras.
  • I have setup many ip cameras using the same configuration software...They all discover the cameras using the MAC address, not an ip address. So a little strange these work this way.
  • If anyone has actually got the camera config software to work? My only other guess is that my OS is Windows Server 2012R2... and I have tried the config software emulating every version of windows OS under server 2012r2...
  • Do I need to format the Micro SD Cards prior to inserting into the cameras? Or can I format them in the cameras?
  • Does anyone has a generic camera setup settings for this camera I can refer to?
  • I will not be using POE as my cameras are too far away, all of them will have AC power in the general area and I will be using the power supplies that come with them.
Once I was actually able to login into the cameras using a web browser I was impressed.... These are pretty amazing cameras.
Glad you got it working.. On the other hand there are a million posts on here that if you would have just read some would have saved you a ton of time.. Ask questions and read, lots of great people on here.. Enjoy the cameras, they are awesome and thank you to @EMPIRETECANDY