Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah I finally found it. There are 70 pages to look through so it takes some time since I wasn't able to find it through a search. Then to realize it is in the beginning of the post. I did learn alot though.

Last edited:

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of what they used to get the wire from the wall to the camera? I am wanting to keep the cat6 cable covered and not exposed to the elements.
I will be mounting the camera on a corner wall over brick, so no hole can be drilled directly behind my mount. It will have to come from an upper wall from the attic and run down somehow. I'm in the planning stages for that though. I don't want it to look too unprofessional.
I want to use the gray flexible pvc tubing for the covering of the cat6 cable. Running the cable through the side wall in the attic is my only option but just running a tube through a hole is a no no as it will have the possibility of water getting in. How has anyone connected one side of the wall to the other? Does what I'm saying make sense?
I will continue to look today and see if I can find some more info.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of what they used to get the wire from the wall to the camera? I am wanting to keep the cat6 cable covered and not exposed to the elements.
I will be mounting the camera on a corner wall over brick, so no hole can be drilled directly behind my mount. It will have to come from an upper wall from the attic and run down somehow. I'm in the planning stages for that though. I don't want it to look too unprofessional.
I want to use the gray flexible pvc tubing for the covering of the cat6 cable. Running the cable through the side wall in the attic is my only option but just running a tube through a hole is a no no as it will have the possibility of water getting in. How has anyone connected one side of the wall to the other? Does what I'm saying make sense?
I will continue to look today and see if I can find some more info.
The smallest dia choice would be EMT (metal) conduit. Then paint it to match the house.
If you are talking about coming out of the attic to the outside, you can mount a junction box where the wire leaves the house, caulk the top and both sides of the box, and leave the bottom not caulked for any moisture to drain.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How does the 59225 compare to the new SD6CE225U-HNI???? anyone go this newer version cam yet? wondering if I should go for this newer one or stick with the 59225?

crossStreet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can this camera set to periodically switch between locations it is looking at? Or is this a function of an NVR? Sorry, if this is a noob question.

crossStreet

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, looney. I am doing initial research for a security system I want to build, and this forum is a treasure. I am probably going after non-POE NVR5232, one of these PTZ babies and two or four varifocal Dahua bullets or turrets, which I haven't decided about yet. Your help is valuable not just to me but to anyone reading. When I get some experience I'll try to pay back to other noobs.

Last edited:

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried that but in BI the home button does not go to the proper place I want it to. In the webui I go to power up and do what? I have tried numerous things and it goes to the one side and stays, when I want it on the other side to focus on. I'll keep playing and maybe I'll figure something out.

Last edited:

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey folks, I don't know if anyone else noticed but a newer firmware from December 2017 made it up onto the Dahua site for this camera:

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/2881

The PTZ firmware is still the same, but the camera firmwares had a bump:

[NTSC]DH_SD-Eos_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.5.R.171228
[PAL]DH_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.5.R.171228

The version I had before was from November 2017 and was V2.622.0000000.1.R whereas this is V2.622.0000000.5.R.

I've flashed it and it has updated the camera.

Early days for now so I'll see how it goes from here.

Hopefully we'll get a newer combined NTSC & PAL firmware which doesn't need the plugin like just came out for the 5231s? Not sure if you've heard anything there please @EMPIRETECANDY ?

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey folks, I don't know if anyone else noticed but a newer firmware from December 2017 made it up onto the Dahua site for this camera:

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/2881

The PTZ firmware is still the same, but the camera firmwares had a bump:

[NTSC]DH_SD-Eos_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.5.R.171228
[PAL]DH_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.5.R.171228

The version I had before was from November 2017 and was V2.622.0000000.1.R whereas this is V2.622.0000000.5.R.

I've flashed it and it has updated the camera.

Early days for now so I'll see how it goes from here.

Hopefully we'll get a newer combined NTSC & PAL firmware which doesn't need the plugin like just came out for the 5231s? Not sure if you've heard anything there please @EMPIRETECANDY ?
So how is the new firmware?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So how is the new firmware?
No problems encountered since upgrading but on the whole it seems to behave the same as with the November firmware with nothing obviously different that I've noticed.

The only listed fixes for this release were:
Fix no stream after restarting if EIS enabled
Fix scan No. error on live interface

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No problems encountered since upgrading but on the whole it seems to behave the same as with the November firmware with nothing obviously different that I've noticed.

The only listed fixes for this release were:
Fix no stream after restarting if EIS enabled
Fix scan No. error on live interface
Biggest issue I have with November fw was constant refocusing every couple seconds day or night and unable to focus at 20ish zoom and higher in bw night mode

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Biggest issue I have with November fw was constant refocusing every couple seconds day or night and unable to focus at 20ish zoom and higher in bw night mode
I have not see this behavior in mine. Maybe you have something else going on.
Only time mine struggles to focus is at 25x.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you got a video sample of the focus problems you're having? There's a sort of slight pulse when it does the key frame but not refocussing?