Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok due to my noob status I have to ask a question. I just ordered the SD59225u-hni and a Hikvision DS=1602zj wall mount. Now Hikvision states that this wall mount works with some Dahua cameras. Would that include this camera or do I need to buy that adapter I see some place sell?

Thanks
Paulx

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok due to my noob status I have to ask a question. I just ordered the SD59225u-hni and a Hikvision DS=1602zj wall mount. Now Hikvision states that this wall mount works with some Dahua cameras. Would that include this camera or do I need to buy that adapter I see some place sell?
My SD59225u-hni from andy canewith a wall mount. I ordered a junction box extra from him..
Thanks
Paulx
SD59225u-hni came with a wall mount from Andy.. i ordered a juction box extra

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The big difference between the one Andy has and the DS-1602zj is about 75mm in length (about 3"). I am going to mount this on the front of the garage. I want to push it out so I can see 180 degrees. Hence the distance to get out past the eves.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone figure out how to get video directly from dahua app for IE recorded video file to this forum I keep getting file format not permitted.

dabossc7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Cameraguy
Ok, I've played with this quite a bit, and yes it is somewhat better, but I still get a lot of these:

mine has also been like this, seems to go behind object what ever direction its going once it starts to track it then loses it and sometimes goes up to the tree tops! and hangs around till it times out. seems like its just being sluggish (processor maxed out?) at time of detected motion, I think this happened at nov 2017 update my camera defiantly got worse with that update had perfect focus now it refocuses like a heartbeat every second slight adj of focus then clear then repeat

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hope you gave him a nice tip. Much better service than the post office who are suppose to not stop for rain snow or sleet. Or something like that.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope you gave him a nice tip. Much better service than the post office who are suppose to not stop for rain snow or sleet. Or something like that.

it's "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" but funny thing that it never been the USPS creed or motto. I don't know what started it thou.

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is a new issue I've observed, where the recorded video goes black. I would guess it's related to the outstanding recording blip bug I've already reported to @EMPIRETECANDY . I sure hope a firmware fix is in the works.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone got the ivs tracking to increase the tracking time? Even when i put up to 300 secs it returns to preset before that alotted time

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone got the ivs tracking to increase the tracking time? Even when i put up to 300 secs it returns to preset before that alotted time
I might be off base here, but it feels like we're missing exposure to a hidden timer.

That is, tracking time seems to depend on the objects movement while being tracked. It's been my experience if the object continues to move, then it will be tracked for the specified duration. If the object being tracked stops, then after a short time (something like 5 sec) the camera returns to it's preset position. It would be beneficial if we could tweak that timer to remain fixed on the last position of the tracked object, before returning to preset. If object moves again before timer fires, then the camera resumes tracking the object.