Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I might be off base here, but it feels like we're missing exposure to a hidden timer.

That is, tracking time seems to depend on the objects movement while being tracked. It's been my experience if the object continues to move, then it will be tracked for the specified duration. If the object being tracked stops, then after a short time (something like 5 sec) the camera returns to it's preset position. It would be beneficial if we could tweak that timer to remain fixed on the last position of the tracked object, before returning to preset. If object moves again before timer fires, then the camera resumes tracking the object.
Exactly, read my mind.. that would be perfect

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just some more feedback on the camera in case anyone is interested. This is a video capturing a couple of Raccoons in my driveway. What's interesting is the first walks through the trigger zone, but the PTZ doesn't fire. The second one however does fire the tracking when he enters the zone, and gets tracked for a couple seconds before the camera loses it.

My expectations in this video example would have been that the camera triggered on the first Raccoon, and would not have lost the target so easily. I am hoping that perhaps a tweaked night profile might help improve things. This footage is pretty much all stock settings.

( I found it amusing the 2nd Raccoon became defensive and rounds it's back when it hears the camera. :) )

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My take is I don't think it was a matter of filter size (detection box) for either raccoon, I think it was more of a contrast issue--but if you want to shrink the minimum detection box to catch small critters like that, that could help. The distance from camera to first raccoon was slightly further than the second raccoon....just enough so that the camera hit on the second raccoon. That area is simply too dark to allow much contrast on the raccoons, which is evident by the ghosting of both raccoons before the camera zooms in. There are two IR lights on the camera, near and far. Can you manually increase the brightness of the far IR light? That should get you a little more light out by the road.

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thats interesting. I didnt know that there are two levels to the IR lighting. A low level and a spot once it triggers. I wonder if there is a contrast setting on the night time profile?

Jaxon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My take is I don't think it was a matter of filter size (detection box) for either raccoon, I think it was more of a contrast issue--but if you want to shrink the minimum detection box to catch small critters like that, that could help. The distance from camera to first raccoon was slightly further than the second raccoon....just enough so that the camera hit on the second raccoon. That area is simply too dark to allow much contrast on the raccoons, which is evident by the ghosting of both raccoons before the camera zooms in. There are two IR lights on the camera, near and far. Can you manually increase the brightness of the far IR light? That should get you a little more light out by the road.
Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head and it's going to come down to contrast and settings. I already have the detection box set pretty small. I need to spend more time learning how different settings impact the capture. I am new to this stuff, so it's been a learning curve for sure. In the meantime this camera is more of a toy than something I would rely on for anything super important. I have other starlight cameras covering the same area that I rely on for that. (Although I'm hoping with enough time, tweaking and better firmware the PTZ can become something more useful/reliable)

Thanks for the suggestions, over time I'll provide more posts and videos when I make some improvements.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just some more feedback on the camera in case anyone is interested. This is a video capturing a couple of Raccoons in my driveway. What's interesting is the first walks through the trigger zone, but the PTZ doesn't fire. The second one however does fire the tracking when he enters the zone, and gets tracked for a couple seconds before the camera loses it.

My expectations in this video example would have been that the camera triggered on the first Raccoon, and would not have lost the target so easily. I am hoping that perhaps a tweaked night profile might help improve things. This footage is pretty much all stock settings.

( I found it amusing the 2nd Raccoon became defensive and rounds it's back when it hears the camera. :) )

I'm actually surprised that it triggered at all with the lack of contrast. More light would definitely help.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So to those that have this camera, what do I need to order that is extra? I am going to be corner mounting so I am pretty sure I'll need a corner bracket. I'll also need a junction box but what else? An adapter? PFA110 or 111? 303W or 305W?
In order to get sound it looks like I'll need a mic. So, mic and what kind of power supply? Plus the ps will be plugged in 25' away so some type of extension.
I'll do some looking but any input would be great. Thanks.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Speco 24 Volt CCTV Power Converter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000G0LL0W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_3R0eBbQNB4QKS

Microseven M7WP-MIC waterproof outdoor Microphone for M7B77-POE, M7B57-WPS, M7B77-W,M7D77-POE, Any IP Network Camera & PTZ IP Camera with Audio Interface -An IP camera external microphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M5P7HCW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_YS0eBb6A2MGTV

I extended power wire by heat shrink butt connectors to 14 gauge speaker wire about 15 ft

Dahua PFA120 Aluminum Waterproof Junction Box for Dome Cameras https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYLXOZY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qV0eBb3T6GRGN

Someone here got a nice rubber boot seal but i didn't need it
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K2285E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?tag=ipctk-20&ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been reading all day and forgot to mark where I was reading about the audio and a power supply. There was a thread where it talked about a PS that actually plugged into an outlet. Can anyone steer me to that thread. I have searched but I just can't find. Thanks.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been reading all day and forgot to mark where I was reading about the audio and a power supply. There was a thread where it talked about a PS that actually plugged into an outlet. Can anyone steer me to that thread. I have searched but I just can't find. Thanks.
PM Andy @EMPIRETECANDY he will assist you

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has all been discussed in this very thread at the beginning.