Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
it is a POE+ injector from Andy, I am guessing it is a Dahua one.

Maybe the splitter is not good enough? The POE splitter says on its label that it only outputs 15.4W, and I am guessing it is a combined wattage of both of its output barrels.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Maybe the splitter is not good enough? The POE splitter says on its label that it only outputs 15.4W, and I am guessing it is a combined wattage of both of its output barrels.
You need an 802.3at injector for this camera - 16W isn't enough. Most new POE switches do 802.at anyway, but if you are using an injector, 802.3af isn't going to cut it.

helipus

n3wb
Reaction score
If you find a working solution please post it as I need to solve the same issue. :) Thank you so much!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Yep, if the splitter is only rated at 15.4W, that would explain it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That splitter is rated for 15.4 watts output and that's probably a pretty optimistic rating. I'd say that's the problem since the camera is behaving like it's just not getting enough power to be stable. Finding a splitter with enough output power is going to be a challenge.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That splitter is rated for 15.4 watts output and that's probably a pretty optimistic rating. I'd say that's the problem since the camera is behaving like it's just not getting enough power to be stable. Finding a splitter with enough output power is going to be a challenge.
That is what I thought. I haven't found a POE splitter that is rated higher. Hence I asked if anyone has successfully added a mic to this cam. Maybe it is not possible to go the splitter route.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is the only post in this thread that I found mentioned audio is working with 49225.

Hi, new to the forums here. I've been lurking for a while though :D. I purchased a Dahua branded SD-49225XA-HNR and 4208-8P-4KS2(GUI4.0) NVR as my first camera system for my house with a Microseven M7WP-MIC. Before mounting I tested everything out, all features were working including the AI functions (Face Detection etc) the audio from the microphone was fantastic as well, I can hear everything going on all around.
@piercerossi, if you are still around, would you mind letting us know how you power and connect a mic to your 49225 cam?

The only other way I can think of to make audio work is to run another POE cable to the camera and use a POE splitter to power only the mic.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would purchase a GOOD quality 12vdc power supply, such as this 12vdc power supply and run a cable 16awg gauge two conductor, copper wire from the location of the power supply to the PTZ.
Cut off the cigarette lighter plug, and connect directly to the cable by soldering and heat shrink tubing. Leave ferrite core on the cable, it helps reduce noise.
Then at the camera end, use the 2 conductor wire to power both the camera and the microphone.
You no longer will need to send POE on the ethernet cable.
As always, bench test everything first.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I would think it better to use a PFA 120 backbox instead of the cheap ugly looking Junction box.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes I know what it is and it would have been a much better install to fit the PFA120 Junction box to the corner mount with the dedicated holes for a all in 1 solution where now it looks a little messy with the ugly OEM JB.

helipus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand the Deep IVS. What is more effective to define one intrusion rule and draw a rectangle or to define 4 tripwires?
1652295212625.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to try both and see what works for your field of view.

For some, trip wires work better than intrusion box and vice versa.

helipus

n3wb
Reaction score
Here an Intrusion box as example. Does the Polygone needs to have a lot of space to the sides or is it likes this enough?
1652295808283.png

helipus

n3wb
Reaction score
Or is the Video Dection the most effective way by defining the regions?
I see I have many options and would like to learn from your experiences:
1) Video detection with areas
2) Smart Motion detection (people)
3) Deep IVS tripwire
4) Deep IVS intrusion
Which works best for a garden with parking lot like this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want it to autotrack, then you need Deep IVS.

For tripwires, you need them further away from the edges of frame because the camera needs time to recognize the object, run it thru its algorithm and decide whether to trigger or not. If the tripwire is too close to the edge, by the time the object has been recognized, it is past the tripwire.

With intrusion having the option of appears, the lines can be closer to the edge.

Given that field of view, I would go with the intrusion box.

helipus

n3wb
Reaction score
I have multiple Dahua cameras. Is it possible to use the others as spotter cams for my SD49225XA-HNR to call a special PTZ Preset? I'm using all my cameras with Synology Surveillance station.

I also have many motion sensors in my openhab3. Can I call a POST command to the camera from there to call a PTZ Preset if a motion sensor is activated? Anyone has access to the API?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, any camera can be used as a spotter camera as long as the VMS has the capabilities to do so. I know Blue Iris and NVRs do, so hopefully Synology does as well.