Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Cecko1990

n3wb
Reaction score
hello does anyone have firmware installed on this camera sd49225xa-hnr is there any problem with installing that firmware for auto tracking because they told me that there was a risk to install that firmware the camera would not work please answer ??

Stormy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi forum !
I am a newbie an I have a problem with my cam
SD49225XA-HNR
and my NVR 5208 8 Poe.

I cannot setup face dedetion on my NVR GUI 4.0:

Where can I find a description for this process ?
Sorry for my poor english

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone use Face Detection on this camera , I find the results so funny the way it says a Female is a Male with sunglasses .....lol

Stormy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes , I do !
Some of the pic are very bad and not clear - maybe this is a result of night caps. Sometimes a male is a female !

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes , I do !
Some of the pic are very bad and not clear - maybe this is a result of night caps. Sometimes a male is a female !
You need to ensure that your night settings are dialed in correctly and also remember lighting is key so depending on your configured FOV, settings and install location will DRAMATICALLY impact the ability of the camera

Reaction score
Just recieved mine today. I was unaware it could actually do a 360degrees rotation. Cool :)
Have it plugged in to my POE switch (Unifi 48port POE), set up some basic config that I do for all cameras (new IP, no P2P, local NTP server, etc). Will let it run a couple days sitting next to network cabinet and then to install it.
Is there a trigonometry mathmatical equation for optimum height? Or do folks just slap it up high out of reach/out of high obstacles?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
yep...a nice juicy 500w available with POE+
Please read the specification on the camera ,500W is a massive overkill and would be a BIG waste of money

Something like the below which is also AT compatible and well enough for this camera
Tenda POE30G-AT 30 W IEEE802.3 Gigabit PoE Injector, power distance extension of up to 100 meters for standard cat. 5e and cat. 6 Ethernet cable , Plug and play, no any configuration required,: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Power
Power SupplyDC 12V/3A
PoE+ (802.3at)
Power Consumption13W
22W (IR on)

Reaction score
Please read the specification on the camera ,500W is a massive overkill and would be a BIG waste of money

Something like the below which is also AT compatible and well enough for this camera
Tenda POE30G-AT 30 W IEEE802.3 Gigabit PoE Injector, power distance extension of up to 100 meters for standard cat. 5e and cat. 6 Ethernet cable , Plug and play, no any configuration required,: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I agree it would be overkill for a single camera. I have 25 cameras, however. And the purchase of this switch was nearly 66% off retail which I could not pass up (retail is around $900, I purchased around $300)

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
PTZs tend to be installed higher as they have a longer range, so at a distance 200-300 feet out (or farther - I can clearly make out strangers at double-triple that during the day), the difference in height (provided it is like 20 feet high compared to a fixed cam at 7-8 feet high and not 300 feet high LOL) is not a big difference.

Obviously then when someone is closer to the PTZ, the same issues we see with a fixed cam installed higher come into play. But if you have a two story and install the PTZ up there you will then take advantage of the range the camera has and when looking at someone at a distance of 300 feet the viewpoint will be appropriate.

Reaction score
PTZs tend to be installed higher as they have a longer range, so at a distance 200-300 feet out (or farther - I can clearly make out strangers at double-triple that during the day), the difference in height (provided it is like 20 feet high compared to a fixed cam at 7-8 feet high and not 300 feet high LOL) is not a big difference.

Obviously then when someone is closer to the PTZ, the same issues we see with a fixed cam installed higher come into play. But if you have a two story and install the PTZ up there you will then take advantage of the range the camera has and when looking at someone at a distance of 300 feet the viewpoint will be appropriate.
Excellent points. Thank you

Reaction score
If you need any assistance just reach out as always. Also great pick on the Unifi gear, run the same myself on a number of installs full Unifi stack so if I can be of any assistance in the Unifi config let me know.
took forever to figure out how to successfully implement the onboard VPN Radius server in my Ubiquiti UDM (no mention anywhere that I had to allow the IMGP ping for things to work). Due to recent security events around my place, I had to slam into my head figuring out firewall rules & profiles and vlans and subnets. I think, I am AOK for time being :) But thanks for the offer. I'm sure a tune-up may be necessary.
As for the PTZ, I have existing cameras at 6' and 10' along the front of the house that covers up to 30'-40' reliably in the evenings. That should allow me to set it up high in the 15'-20' range.