Retreiving cam password

pgagne919

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday I reveived a new DS-2CD2132F-IS (from China via Aliexpress). Got it working in BI within 5 minutes. Product seems great. This morning, having not completly woke up, I deleted the new password for this cam from my PW app. From what I've seen from the previous model (2132I), there's no reset button on this cam. I was wondering if the password can be retreived from BI?

There are some days you wish you could start over...

Thanks,

Pat

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
After more research, there are a few other options for you to try if Hikvision denies your request.

1. I PM'd you a link to a supposed password reset tool created by a 3rd party. With any luck it is not a virus and will actually help you. Use at your own risk though.

2. I read that if you flash new firmware via the TFTP method it will reset the admin password to default of 12345.

3. The forum user CBX has supposedly figured out how to generate reset codes, so you could ask him for assistance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
While you cannot retrieve the password from BI, you can count the dots and you will know how many characters the camera had in the password..that may help you remember. Also, if you are using BI, there is no reason to change the camera password from default as you dont have to port forward the cams themselves...

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,
Yesterday I reveived a new DS-2CD2132F-IS (from China via Aliexpress). Got it working in BI within 5 minutes. Product seems great. This morning, having not completly woke up, I deleted the new password for this cam from my PW app. From what I've seen from the previous model (2132I), there's no reset button on this cam. I was wondering if the password can be retreived from BI?
There are some days you wish you could start over...
Thanks,
Pat
Pat!
Model?
SN?
Start time?
Plus screenshot from SADP!

or use TFTP recovery!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, actually you can get the password out of the registry where BI stores it, if BI has the password stored.