Reolink E1 Pro PTZ doesn't work on Blue Iris (offical Response)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you read this for true performance of Reolinks and their inability to work with BI...

Last edited:

nickh66

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @ABnSultan,
Can you share a screenshot of the 'video' tab for your E1 Pro camera.
Below is how my reolink E1 Pro is configured & it works great, PTZ control too. I think there is a bit of a trick to getting the PTZ work though. In my case i followed these basic steps & it worked fine.
1. Setup some PTZ 'presets' in the reolink phone app or the reolink windows app. So you can send 1 command to the camera to move to a preset position.
2. Once the camera is ready then setup in BI. To start in BI enter the camera IP address & click the 'find/inspect' button. If the connection is made to the camera then BI will 'learn' what PTZ settings are stored on the camera.
3. After that change the Make/Model details to what i have in the image.
4. Make sure you also manually add the Main & Sub stream profiles. They are: main profile = /bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw} and sub profile = /bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}
1625813368037.png

5. Finally, on the 'ptz/control' tab for the camera make sure it's enabled

1625814099802.png

Maybe that will help.

Also, i have 7 reolink cameras & they all work great in BI from my experience. I also have one of the RLC-423-5MP cameras & it's great too but does cost 3 x more in Australia.

Cheers
Nick

ABnSultan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @ABnSultan,
Can you share a screenshot of the 'video' tab for your E1 Pro camera.
Below is how my reolink E1 Pro is configured & it works great, PTZ control too. I think there is a bit of a trick to getting the PTZ work though. In my case i followed these basic steps & it worked fine.
1. Setup some PTZ 'presets' in the reolink phone app or the reolink windows app. So you can send 1 command to the camera to move to a preset position.
2. Once the camera is ready then setup in BI. To start in BI enter the camera IP address & click the 'find/inspect' button. If the connection is made to the camera then BI will 'learn' what PTZ settings are stored on the camera.
3. After that change the Make/Model details to what i have in the image.
4. Make sure you also manually add the Main & Sub stream profiles. They are: main profile = /bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw} and sub profile = /bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}
View attachment 94731

5. Finally, on the 'ptz/control' tab for the camera make sure it's enabled

View attachment 94732

Maybe that will help.

Also, i have 7 reolink cameras & they all work great in BI from my experience. I also have one of the RLC-423-5MP cameras & it's great too but does cost 3 x more in Australia.

Cheers
Nick
it hasn't arrived yet, but it will be a breeze now setting it up following your guide
Thanks a lot <3

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.... Make sure you also manually add the Main & Sub stream profiles. They are: main profile = /bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw} and sub profile = /bcs/channel0_sub.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}
Does the Reolink E1 Pro provide a sub stream?

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The C1 Pro has Substreams and i would recommend to use the default Settings provided by BI:

1625840771395.png

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @supls, quite right. My bad. My camera is the E1 Zoom, not the pro.
sorry, my fault - i mixed up the models. But the E1 Zoom work with just exact the same settings as the C1 Pro. The E1 "Zoom" also has substream support.