Reolink E1 Pro PTZ doesn't work on Blue Iris (offical Response)

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 Reolink E1 Pro's, both using on BI and working fine, including PTZ.
Mickiete, can you please share your settings? My E1 Pro will not work in BI. It gets added to BI just fine, no socket errors, no connection errors, just a "No Signal" message.

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried so many different ways to get my E1 Pro working with BI. The PTZ functions work, lol, but I cannot get the video stream to work to save my life. I'm doing an RMA request. Hopefully it goes through!

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
show use your actual settings
Spuls, here is one example:

1.png
2.png
3.png

4.png

I attached 4 pictures:

1.) A successful inspection via port 8000
2.) The settings Blue Iris chooses based on the inspection
3.) The "No Signal" screen -- just as a reminder, the camera gets added, doesn't throw any port or connection errors, and even all the PTZ functionality is there -- I can press the arrow keys in BI and the camera will move -- just no picture will display, and instead it's just a "No Signal"
4.) An RTSP stream via VLC showing the camera actually works. I can also use the camera via the Reolink app on iOS or Windows just fine.

I have tried changing things up in BI like changing http:// to rtsp:/ and all sorts of other combinations, all with no luck.

I have 6 other cameras in BI that all have absolutely no issue. This E1 Pro just won't display an image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can you try it with these settings? rtsp in quite brocken in any reolink firmware.

1625935825020.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that's weird, even when I asked for a recommendation they said RLC-423 :facepalm:
View attachment 94685

i ordered E1 Pro and I'll test for myself :thumb:
I would say they are giving that advice to not use Reolink cams with 3rd party software is;
A-They know it won't work correctly, thus it increases their support issue's.
Or
B-That limits their trouble shooting ability, because they don't know much to begin with.

Reason #465 to stay away from Reolink.

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would say they are giving that advice to not use Reolink cams with 3rd party software is;
A-They know it won't work correctly, thus it increases their support issue's.
Or
B-That limits their trouble shooting ability, because they don't know much to begin with.

Reason #465 to stay away from Reolink.
Any suggestions for what I should get? I need a WiFi Camera with Pan/Tilt and 2-way Audio that will work with BI. Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Generally speaking, if you can get power out to a WiFi camera you can get a CAT5e, or better, cable out to it instead. If you think you can't post some photos and maybe we can help you figure out how to, alternately hire a low voltage electrician. If you still can't, use this on any camera. It will handle five or six and won't experience dropouts like WiFi will. It's encrypted and is a dedicated radio link good for up to a few kilometers.

Ubiquity Nano Station Loco M5

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

KenAllen15

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a few indoor reolinks (2 E1Pros and 1 E1Zoom). I use these settings with them without any issues. I like that they can use 5ghz instead of 2.4ghz like all the other wifi indoor cams I've seen.

1626016199803.png

One thing I think you should try it NOT pressing the Find/Inspect button and instead just manually entering the address.

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a few indoor reolinks (2 E1Pros and 1 E1Zoom). I use these settings with them without any issues. I like that they can use 5ghz instead of 2.4ghz like all the other wifi indoor cams I've seen.

View attachment 94911

One thing I think you should try it NOT pressing the Find/Inspect button and instead just manually entering the address.
Best configuration yet -- SO CLOSE ... but no cigar ... the only way I can get the stream to even begin to load in BI with these settings is to set the camera into 1080P mode, with the least amount of FPS, as well as smallest bitrate, and even then it'll constantly choke up and say "no signal" -- these cameras are going back!

KenAllen15

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best configuration yet -- SO CLOSE ... but no cigar ... the only way I can get the stream to even begin to load in BI with these settings is to set the camera into 1080P mode, with the least amount of FPS, as well as smallest bitrate, and even then it'll constantly choke up and say "no signal" -- these cameras are going back!
Sounds like you might be using an incompatible hardware acceleration mode in BI. What do you have your HA set to?

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems like it's hit or miss for different people -- I already have the RMA underway :shrug:

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
poor reolink.. getting rma from users who want functions which where never supported. customer fault = hardware fault.. typical rma.

i dont understand you. you wasted so much time, in this time you could work part time and buy real cam if money is the point buying reolink ... o_O:facepalm:

Last edited:

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
poor reolink.. getting rma from users who want functions which where never supported. customer fault = hardware fault.. typical rma.

i dont understand you. you wasted so much time, in this time you could work part time and buy real cam if money is the point buying reolink ... o_O:facepalm:
User8963 -- here is an article direct from Reolink talking about adding this specific model camera to BlueIris:

You might want to do a little bit of research before making such claims.

tumtumsback

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just because it can be added to Blue Iris doesn't mean it will improve the cameras ability to capture clean motion video and images at night or not miss motion...
I didn't add the camera to blue iris to improve anything -- I manage all my cameras and recordings under the BI hood. That's my NVR. Reolink says you can use the E1 Pro with the Blue Iris NVR. If I am getting a constant "No Signal" screen, then it's going back home. I don't understand why there is any contention or confusion here lol.