Refubished List

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The NEW PTZ only 1 left now, and the list has some change, This SD59432XA-HNR later may have 3-4 more stocks, but will sell it in April. Plan a Spring Promotion soon in April, so the members from other countries can get good price from us too, not just USA guy ;)

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I received my IPC-T5442T-ZE today. I hooked it up and configured it with a router and poe switch. It seems pretty impressive. I bought it to figure out which fixed lens camera should go where, but WOW it zooms more than I expected. I can't wait to test its low light capabilities against my other crappy cameras. I may be in the market for 1 or 2 more...We'll see. Thanks so much @EMPIRETECANDY!

Now onto my question. For whatever reason, I can't access the web interface through my Lorex 863 NVR (yeah, I'm an amateur, but I'm learning and will replace it with either a pc and BI or one of Andy's NVR's once I've replaced my proprietary Lorex cameras). I have a Hikvision I got before I figured out this thread and spent more than I should have for an inferior camera (I know more now reading here). But, I'm able to get to the web configuration on that camera through the NVR...Not that I need to because it's fixed lens.

It's not the end of the world, but just inconvenient to schlep the laptop, router, and poe switch upstairs, then move furniture to access the wall panel to plug in and configure the zoom on the 5442 camera after I install it at each location (I may be able to "eyeball" which fixed lens will work in each location after the first iteration, but I'd rather be certain).

I'll probably call Lorex tomorrow and see if they can give me some pointers, but does anyone have any tips? I created an admin password and then created separate user and password in the user group Operator that I used for the NVR to log into the camera, same as the Hikvision (both set to the same Onvif settings and appear the same in their config panels, AFAIK). When I click on the weblink for the 5442 camera, I get nothing, as if the web interface isn't accepting connections. Seems like it should be simple, but just like setting up SFTP to my NAS, I've run into trouble. I'm probably asking this in the wrong place, but figured I'd give it a shot.

Oh, and I don't know if this matters, but it's a 16 channel NVR and I have the existing cameras on channels 1-9. I plugged the new camera in 15 because it was easy to get to. I don't think any of that should matter, but maybe?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will find Lorex support to be a joke LOL. Once you tell them it isn't a Lorex camera, they will tell you sorry.

So are you saying you initialized the camera and created a user/password for it out side of the NVR and now you are connecting the camera directly to the NVR port and you cannot access the camera GUI thru the NVR?

If so, that is probably the problem. My suggestion would be to factory reset the camera and then plug it into the NVR POE port. Lorex and this camera are Dahua OEM, so it will set it up so that you can access it. At least it did with my neighbors NVR and 5442. It sounds like you manually added it to the NVR through ONVIF settings and that is probably the problem.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I received my IPC-T5442T-ZE today. I hooked it up and configured it with a router and poe switch. It seems pretty impressive. I bought it to figure out which fixed lens camera should go where, but WOW it zooms more than I expected. I can't wait to test its low light capabilities against my other crappy cameras. I may be in the market for 1 or 2 more...We'll see. Thanks so much @EMPIRETECANDY!

Now onto my question. For whatever reason, I can't access the web interface through my Lorex 863 NVR (yeah, I'm an amateur, but I'm learning and will replace it with either a pc and BI or one of Andy's NVR's once I've replaced my proprietary Lorex cameras). I have a Hikvision I got before I figured out this thread and spent more than I should have for an inferior camera (I know more now reading here). But, I'm able to get to the web configuration on that camera through the NVR...Not that I need to because it's fixed lens.

It's not the end of the world, but just inconvenient to schlep the laptop, router, and poe switch upstairs, then move furniture to access the wall panel to plug in and configure the zoom on the 5442 camera after I install it at each location (I may be able to "eyeball" which fixed lens will work in each location after the first iteration, but I'd rather be certain).

I'll probably call Lorex tomorrow and see if they can give me some pointers, but does anyone have any tips? I created an admin password and then created separate user and password in the user group Operator that I used for the NVR to log into the camera, same as the Hikvision (both set to the same Onvif settings and appear the same in their config panels, AFAIK). When I click on the weblink for the 5442 camera, I get nothing, as if the web interface isn't accepting connections. Seems like it should be simple, but just like setting up SFTP to my NAS, I've run into trouble. I'm probably asking this in the wrong place, but figured I'd give it a shot.

Oh, and I don't know if this matters, but it's a 16 channel NVR and I have the existing cameras on channels 1-9. I plugged the new camera in 15 because it was easy to get to. I don't think any of that should matter, but maybe?
So your the one who snagged my cam! I have one of those and love it...mine is on Blue Iris on a PC...but I had to log into the web interface in order to get it set up first...

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry I snagged it from you. How does it work with low light for you?

Yeah, I logged into it via browser and thought I set it up correctly. The picture shows and appears to record on the NVR. But, I can't log into the camera through the NVR like I can with the other cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you manually added it to the NVR instead of plugging it in and letting the NVR find it and initialize it?

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@wittaj,
Interesting! I initially had to reset the camera because it wouldn't let me set it to DHCP. The option was grayed out when I logged into the camera from the browser. Once I reset it, viola, I could set it to DHCP.
It never occured to me to reset it and plug it into the NVR. THANKS! I'll try that in the morning.
Do you remember if your friend had to manually set it to Onvif? I'm not even sure once reset what the password for this thing will be, because when you pull it up in the browser, it just asks for a reset. Who knows, it may not be a problem. I'll give it a shot in the morning. THANKS!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@wittaj,
Interesting! I initially had to reset the camera because it wouldn't let me set it to DHCP. The option was grayed out when I logged into the camera from the browser. Once I reset it, viola, I could set it to DHCP.
It never occured to me to reset it and plug it into the NVR. THANKS! I'll try that in the morning.
Do you remember if your friend had to manually set it to Onvif? I'm not even sure once reset what the password for this thing will be, because when you pull it up in the browser, it just asks for a reset. Who knows, it may not be a problem. I'll give it a shot in the morning. THANKS!
It was so simple and I was helping him so I saw it with my own eyes. He simply was replacing an existing Lorex camera with this camera.

He literally took down the Lorex camera and plugged this one in and secured it in place and by the time we got into his house, the camera was already showing on the monitor. We did not do a thing. And then I was able to get into the camera gui via the web "e" in the NVR interface. He has since replaced 3 Lorex cameras with various cameras from Andy, and every one of them was simply plug it in to the NVR POE port, including a PTZ which shocked me it had enough power coming out of the NVR to power it.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So you manually added it to the NVR instead of plugging it in and letting the NVR find it and initialize it?
Sorry just saw your post after the above reply. No, I plugged it into a poe and router and set the admin password, created a user in the Operator group to allow access to the camera in the Onvif section. I did the same with the Hikvision camera I have. After creating those accounts and setting the camera to DHCP, I just plugged the 5442 in and the NVR found it and "configured" it. I had to change it from "private" to Onvif, though. Should I not have done that?

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry I snagged it from you. How does it work with low light for you?

Yeah, I logged into it via browser and thought I set it up correctly. The picture shows and appears to record on the NVR. But, I can't log into the camera through the NVR like I can with the other cameras.
It does great in low light…I can see cats and mice in the garden at night. While the floodlight is on it stays in color and great picture as well

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It was so simple and I was helping him so I saw it with my own eyes. He simply was replacing an existing Lorex camera with this camera.

He literally took down the Lorex camera and plugged this one in and secured it in place and by the time we got into his house, the camera was already showing on the monitor. We did not do a thing. And then I was able to get into the camera gui via the web "e" in the NVR interface. He has since replaced 3 Lorex cameras with various cameras from Andy, and every one of them was simply plug it in to the NVR POE port, including a PTZ which shocked me it had enough power coming out of the NVR to power it.
Wow! Sounds like I'm making things harder on myself that I need to. I'll reset the camera in the morning, plug it in and report back. THANKS!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
yeah @bigredfish....
He ( if I remember right) has a post about ( don't do anything to a new Camera intended for an NVR) let the NVR assign the IP address.
I tried it. With a 5442 ze. Nvr web login is on 192.168.1.207, but cams were assigned to the 10.10.10.x network.....
Oh I was the other Rat Bastard who bought a 5442 Bullet Z4.... LOL ;)

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry just saw your post after the above reply. No, I plugged it into a poe and router and set the admin password, created a user in the Operator group to allow access to the camera in the Onvif section. I did the same with the Hikvision camera I have. After creating those accounts and setting the camera to DHCP, I just plugged the 5442 in and the NVR found it and "configured" it. I had to change it from "private" to Onvif, though. Should I not have done that?
Nice to know you love the camera, If 3rd party device, all better add via onvif protocle. Maybe later just replace all cams and replace the nvr too.;)

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yeah @bigredfish....
He ( if I remember right) has a post about ( don't do anything to a new Camera intended for an NVR) let the NVR assign the IP address.
I tried it. With a 5442 ze. Nvr web login is on 192.168.1.207, but cams are assigned in the 10.10.10.x network.....
Oh I was the other Rat Bastard who bought a 5442 Bullet Z4.... LOL ;)
I forgive you both….but really wish Andy gets some more soon lol