Recommended Hikvision Driveway Camera (4MP or 8MP, ColurVue or Accusense G2?)

TechDiver

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have an outdated Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS 3MP Mini Dome with 4mm lens, but it really sucks at night. The street light glares off the mini dome and all detail is lost. My turret in the backyard is much better.

I know there is the ColorVue vs Accusense G2 options, and the 4MP vs 8MP options as well. If the larger sensors make the 8MP worthwhile, then I'd like to go that way. We do have a street light, so it is never completely dark out front. I have a DS-7616NI-I2 4K NVR Recorder. What are some Hikvision cameras you would recommend?

Thanks,
Mark

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I currently have an outdated Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS 3MP Mini Dome with 4mm lens, but it really sucks at night. The street light glares off the mini dome and all detail is lost. My turret in the backyard is much better.
I saw this camera and wanted to see what people think of it. I have a Dahua IPC-HFW1831C-PIR mini-bullet, but wanted to see if there was something similar from Hikvision since my friends and I have all decided Dahua's apps are totally lame by comparison. But I was skeptical of the security cover of the mini-dome since I've had similar issues with reflections from IR, condensation, etc. and will never buy one again.

Do you know if there's something made by Hikvision like the mini-dome without a security cover? What'd you end up going with?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Well, incoming soon ColorVu Acusense camera :) . Acusense is the future. Nobody wants full hard drive because false "unneeded" motion recordings

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, incoming soon ColorVu Acusense camera :) . Acusense is the future. Nobody wants full hard drive because false "unneeded" motion recordings
I'll have to look Acusense up. I'm looking for some AI that doesn't require off-site server. Is it done inside the camera?

reactiv

n3wb
Reaction score
Installed one of these 4K 2nd Gen ColorVu AcuSense 8MP 4mm (DS-2CD2T87G2-L) this year for a client, to monitor a large area and long driveway to a farm, the picture in low light is amazing, the line crossing & intrusion detection are also excellent no nightmare with the usual false alarms like when using IR. Check which lens is good for you i.e. what FOV you require, bullet cameras alway gives better quality image than dome/turrets just install it up high preferably under a cover, sofit etc. but may not be suitable for short driveway front of house because of how the camera looks when sited.

If you want to detect motion at night ColorVu technology is so much better than IR significantly reducing false alarms.

@TechDriver if you have a street light it will be like daylight at night compared to IR. One last note with ColorVu you will notice the daytime image is not not as good as non ColoVu camera, the colours aren't so deep but hey you can forget that when you see what's possible at night