Q-See Closing Doors Jan 31st 2021 No More Remote Viewing, Options to fix

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
To add: I understand that this is the same camera as Dahua IPC-C26EP Active Deterrence 2mp WiFi camera or Imou LOOC camera. Both Dahua and Imou have their own app that is similar to QC Plus. My concern is that the process requires either scanning the bar code or entering the serial number, that might preclude configuration. I suppose there is also a straight forward method without such app to have the camera and the wifi recognize each other. Should I still go with on e of the apps or there is another way?
I installed first the Dahua app iDMSS Plus and then IMOU Life that in essence replicate Q-See Plus app. The serial number was scanned successfully and the camera identified properly. However, I'm not able to add camera to the wi-fi network. The apps properly identify the network but can't connect to the camera. 120 seconds of the search time expires with no connection. IMOU app also offers an alternative method of first connecting the phone to the camera's hotspot. Unfortunately, the phone doesn't see the hotspot/wifi created by the camera. Now I'm at a loss. tried to reset the camera to factory settings but no luck. Any ideas?

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My question is is simple, I think. I'm in the same situation as most, with a system I can no longer use remotely, but need to be able to monitor my business remotely. I currently have a QC908 analog DVR with 8 cameras. The cameras are QCA7201B's (720p Analog HD). I would like to continue to use my existing cameras but I'm not sure of the mfg. of the cam's. I want to purchase a DVR that is compatible with the old cameras so it's relatively simple to hook up the old cameras and set up the new DVR that supports remote viewing. Suggestion please.
I had a QC908 and just threw it in the trash along with all eight cameras. It's BNC not IP so as far as I know you cannot remote view without going with a home VPN.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can read the first few pages of the thread for more info. I had a Q-see NVR and needed a quick fix so I bought an new NVR from Andy at Empire Tech via Amazon. It happened to be the exact same model as the Q-see I had. It was a quick fix that allowed me to remote view through P2P. BUT after reading a bunch here on the forum I decided to stop using P2P and use a VPN. But it required me to buy a new router that offered that feature unlike the one provided to me by my internet provider. I bought an ASUS and setup OpenVPN and now I'm much more secure.

Lots in the wiki like.

As it turned out I didn't need to buy to buy the NVR as I could still use the Q-see this way. But as with cameras they seem to multiple quickly and I now use both NVRs and have about 25 cameras, thanks Andy for causing me to go broke.:D

So I, like most here recommend OpenVPN and you can keep your equipment. But you may need a new router.

Mel R

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am one of the idiots that purchased a Q-See Presidio system. I had problems with the cameras and after getting no help from QSee, found that the manufacturer was Uniview. Once I contacted China, they sorted the problem out. Given that the cameras were made by Uniview and the NVR is called "Halifax"(16 Channel), does anyone know who the actual manufacturer is? Does anyone know which manufacturers phone app would work best with this NVR? I have managed to get my older See NVR working by changing the DMZ on my router (temporarily) but I am unable to get the Presidio system running at all.

alexj

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you share how to set up with firewalla?
I see the firewalla ddns domain info. Do I add that to my Q See NVR ddns?
What user name/password do I enter or how I create on for firewalla ddns?
I ended up buying a Asus router and do a vpn server doing what is called PPTP. Person to Person tunnel protocol.

Mel R

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 QSee NVR's. One made by Dahua and the other made by Uniview (Presidio). both have the ability to enter DDNS server information. Since QSee have closed down, would I get back remote viewing by simply subscribing to a DDNS service like DynDNS and entering the details into both NVR's? Can I enter the same address in both or would I need 2 x address's (a different one for each)?

Reaction score
I found a moderately simple solution. Not sure if this was mentioned yet...

I used a DNS service (DynDNS) to create a URL that points to my routers IP address. Next, I reserved the local IP address that my router assigned to the NVR and assigned incoming traffic to redirect to my NVRs local IP address.

URL->Router IP address->Router looks at the port and forwards traffic to NVR

Finally, opened the Qsee app, used the IP/Domain registration method, provide my new url/login credentials and everything is back to normal.

There’s a bit more detail regarding ports and routing that I can expand on if you’re interested.

Lastly, I used DynDNS which is$55/year - more affordable than purchasing new hardware in the short term.. But I have Raspberry pi’s automating various aspects of my house — so this solution makes sense for me.

- Matt

Last edited:

Mel R

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a moderately simple solution. Not sure if this was mentioned yet...

I used a DNS service (DynDNS) to create a URL that points to my routers IP address. Next, I reserved the local IP address that my router assigned to the NVR and assigned incoming traffic to redirect to my NVRs local IP address.

URL->Router IP address->Router looks at the port and forwards traffic to NVR

Finally, opened the Qsee app, used the IP/Domain registration method, provide my new url/login credentials and everything is back to normal.

There’s a bit more detail regarding ports and routing that I can expand on if you’re interested.

Lastly, I used DynDNS which is$55/year - more affordable than purchasing new hardware in the short term.. But I have Raspberry pi’s automating various aspects of my house — so this solution makes sense for me.

- Matt
HI Matt, I am very interested in your settings. I did exactly what you have done, I subscribed to DynDns and have everything working (I have 2 QSee NVR's running of the same router).
1 - I do not actually know how I got this all running, but it runs.
2 - I am only able to view the cameras when I am away from home i.e. Not on the same network.

I would like to know more about your port settings etc as I would like to know if I have every setting correct. I also am not sure if I need different settings for each NVR or 2 DynDns dresses, one for each NVR etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mel

HD719

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

In reading a wide variety of solutions to this issue. Has anyone thought of the following two options:

Option 1. While at home I monitor my Q-see cameras with my desktop (currently running Windows Home). From what I understand, Microsoft said that we can remotely control our desktop PC running Win 10 PRO via another Windows, Android, or iOS device to connect to a Windows 10 Pro PC from afar. If this is true, upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro cost only $39 and allow me to achieve monitoring my desktop while I am away using my phone (Android/IOS).

Option 2. Setup an external camera (with Zoom capability) to view my desktop monitor while I am away. These indoor camera cost only $40-$60.

Regards,
HD

Mel R

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

In reading a wide variety of solutions to this issue. Has anyone thought of the following two options:

Option 1. While at home I monitor my Q-see cameras with my desktop (currently running Windows Home). From what I understand, Microsoft said that we can remotely control our desktop PC running Win 10 PRO via another Windows, Android, or iOS device to connect to a Windows 10 Pro PC from afar. If this is true, upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro cost only $39 and allow me to achieve monitoring my desktop while I am away using my phone (Android/IOS).

Option 2. Setup an external camera (with Zoom capability) to view my desktop monitor while I am away. These indoor camera cost only $40-$60.

Regards,
HD
Read the post of Matwinwood 3 above. This solution works perfectly. $55 per year for DynDns and there are other free options. Original app works perfectly.

Reaction score
I have a Q-See 826 that is dead in the water trying to use it off site. Of course works at home via HDMI cable to TV. Run QC view on pc, not that friendly for me, but can get it to "work". Not a network person knowing how to use some of the solutions mentioned above. Have an new ASUS router on its way to replace the ASUS T-Mobile one I have been using for years.

Spotmom

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is a youtube i did. hope it helps. i changed the address i show in the video to protect the innocent.
I just uploaded it so it may take abit to get HD video.

I have been beating my head off the wall all day trying to get my cameras back on remote viewing when off my local network. Your last minute of the video is what saved my sanity. Making the "Remote Name" address in Qsee view and changing it to my DYNDNS address. Finally I can go out and not be without the ability to remotely view my cameras! Thank You.

Spotmom

n3wb
Reaction score
HI Matt, I am very interested in your settings. I did exactly what you have done, I subscribed to DynDns and have everything working (I have 2 QSee NVR's running of the same router).
1 - I do not actually know how I got this all running, but it runs.
2 - I am only able to view the cameras when I am away from home i.e. Not on the same network.

I would like to know more about your port settings etc as I would like to know if I have every setting correct. I also am not sure if I need different settings for each NVR or 2 DynDns dresses, one for each NVR etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mel
Set up your QSee View with remote version and a local version. Local version is still the IP address, everything else the same, remote version use the DynDns address, everything else the same. I tried it out by manually turning off my WiFi and switching to the remote address, I haven't been away from home to see if it will auto switch between cellular and wifi if I use the remote address, but it certainly works.

nik12345

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Q-See 9916 16 channel analog HD DVR and Q-See cameras QCA7209B. I would like to continue using the cameras and replace the DVR so I can have an app or remotely log in. Please help to suggest what DVR or NVR model I can buy to be compatible with the cameras.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Q-See 9916 16 channel analog HD DVR and Q-See cameras QCA7209B. I would like to continue using the cameras and replace the DVR so I can have an app or remotely log in. Please help to suggest what DVR or NVR model I can buy to be compatible with the cameras.

FYI - if Dahua is the OEM you should be able to use a Dahua DVR.

note: if the current DVR works, you should be able to continue to use it - and yes you will need to take some time to figure out how to remotely access it.

If you can view it on your LAN, consider running a VPN on your router / LAN that will allow you remote access. ( see the VPN notes in the wiki )

1622939624965.png

nik12345

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and glad I found it. Like all of you I am having the same problem with Q-see view remote, and I exhausted all my technical knowledge (which isn't much). I have the QC9416-2R 16 Channel 720p Analog Digital Video Recorder DVR w2TB currently installed 9 cameras. Like said before I don't know what to do any more so my question is

Does anyone know of someone which can provide service in this matter in or around Escondido, CA?

Yes I have called companies but they all say they can't help me and I just should get a new system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you ~ Christine

note: if the current DVR works, you should be able to continue to use it - and yes you will need to take some time to figure out how to remotely access it.

If you can view it on your LAN, consider running a VPN on your router / LAN that will allow you remote access. ( see the VPN notes in the wiki )

View attachment 91553

View attachment 91553
If I want to buy a Dahua DVR, what model would I buy to be compatible with the current Qsee cameras?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If I want to buy a Dahua DVR, what model would I buy to be compatible with the current Qsee cameras?
Hi @nik12345

This is a IP camera forum and many of us know the IP cameras and NVRs better than the Analog products.

I only have some general knowledge on the CCTV specs.

If you get a newer Dahua DVR that is a decent model ( i.e. not the cheapest ) it should work with Dahua OEM cameras.

Remember you need to check that the cameras you have with Q-see branding are Dahua OEM. ( there are 4 specs for HD analog cctv coax bnc cameras ... Dahua is behind one of those, and HIkvision behind another .. )

nik12345

n3wb
Reaction score

View attachment 91553
Thank you for responding to me. I am not tech savy so it would take me weeks/months to even trying to figure out how to set up remote access. It took me weeks to figure out the QSee went out of business. I think it would be easier for me to buy a Dahua DVR (hopefully, it is not expensive). But I don't know what Dahua DVR model to buy to be compatible with the QSee cameras (QCA7209B) I have. Can you please help with the Dahua DVR model.