Q-See Closing Doors Jan 31st 2021 No More Remote Viewing, Options to fix

iterich

n3wb
Reaction score
In case you like to use a different app to view your QCW series cameras, I recommend IP Cam Viewer Lite and it’s free for viewing 6 cameras max.
I use it on a firestick, the settings are different for the port which I wasn’t aware of at first, plus you can view other cameras and even DVR connected camera all in one app.
‘QCW settings are:
Q-See Camera RTSP
RTSP Port 554 with SSL off
user name and password
Ch# leave blank

Works great for me with my Asus router with open vpn setup I can now view my old DVR connected cameras and my Q-See cameras in one app at the same time.

Reaction score
Tell me what is the password for the cameras? I try options admin admin, admin 123456
Writes that the name or password is an error ?

In case you like to use a different app to view your QCW series cameras, I recommend IP Cam Viewer Lite and it’s free for viewing 6 cameras max.
I use it on a firestick, the settings are different for the port which I wasn’t aware of at first, plus you can view other cameras and even DVR connected camera all in one app.
‘QCW settings are:
Q-See Camera RTSP
RTSP Port 554 with SSL off
user name and password
Ch# leave blank

Works great for me with my Asus router with open vpn setup I can now view my old DVR connected cameras and my Q-See cameras in one app at the same time.

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There shouldn't be a default password. Once you reset it the camera will need to be initialized and it will ask you to create one.

iterich

n3wb
Reaction score
Writes as in the picture?
You have it setup correctly, just enter your password and it will work. Your password is created when you initialize the camera with the config tool. Read back further in this thread to understand that process.

forcecop

n3wb
Reaction score
Appreciate the heads up and knowledge/info about Q-See and recommendations on Remote Viewing in here...just happen to have an Asus Router and firing up the OpenVPN and DDNS settings put me back on track to Remote my Camera's from afar. Thanks for all the inputs and the painless transition!

texeli

n3wb
Reaction score
hi Everyone, really good info, i read every thread and am still having issues with the QCW2MPSL. Tried both iDMSS and IP Cam viewer. The apps can find my cameras, I am on home network, trying to get this resolved first, but can't get pass the final step. Either my password is no recognized or something else is wrong. I am inputting the right user and password and tried all sort of other combinations to no avail. any suggestions? if I reset the device, not preferred, because I have 4 of them with one about 20 feet above ground, will I be able to set the password again? I am afraid to do it because the QC Plus is not communicating to the cameras and nothing else is either. Any help will be much appreciated.

texeli

n3wb
Reaction score
hi Everyone, really good info, i read every thread and am still having issues with the QCW2MPSL. Tried both iDMSS and IP Cam viewer. The apps can find my cameras, I am on home network, trying to get this resolved first, but can't get pass the final step. Either my password is no recognized or something else is wrong. I am inputting the right user and password and tried all sort of other combinations to no avail. any suggestions? if I reset the device, not preferred, because I have 4 of them with one about 20 feet above ground, will I be able to set the password again? I am afraid to do it because the QC Plus is not communicating to the cameras and nothing else is either. Any help will be much appreciated.
So i managed to download the IDMSS and got it to see the cameras, it works but only from my wifi, now i have to do the VPN stuff. However, i'm still puzzled on how to get notifications sent when alarm is triggered, any user guide or suggestions out there?

NoQ

n3wb
Reaction score
$300 will get you 8 1080p cameras and DVR with Night Owl. Uses same cables. Thats what I did.... Way less hassle.

RemoteView

n3wb
Reaction score
I replaced my QC858 NVR with a $190 Dauhua DHI-NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2, all the old Q-See cameras (QCN8012B 3MP) work fine.

Last edited:

Brian0610

n3wb
Reaction score
I was hoping you all might be able to help. I have a QC588 DVR, which has DDNS setup via the (DDNS site) which appears to be down even though they said it was run by a 3rd party and would stay up after they closed.

I have 2 security systems and I currently am able to see my systems via the Qsee View app. One system is local on the network and the other is in a different state, but I can view both. However when on my phone on the same network using the QC Android App, I can not view either system. Why would it work on my laptop, but not my phone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ttrinh

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes that is what I'm researching something like Firewalla: Cybersecurity Firewall For Your Family and Business which is a one time price unit that installs on your router and sets up a VPN. Would act just like you are home and use the same Qsee apps. Also looking at other routes to look at setting up a VPN. I never knew that P2P was not that secure after reading through information here. But still open to other ideas. I did wonder if Dahua software could just be installed on the Q-See NVR. But I'm not ready to be the guinea pig and brick my qc826 nvr. Keep the ideas coming!

Can you share how to set up with firewalla?
I see the firewalla ddns domain info. Do I add that to my Q See NVR ddns?
What user name/password do I enter or how I create on for firewalla ddns?

canderson

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and glad I found it. Like all of you I am having the same problem with Q-see view remote, and I exhausted all my technical knowledge (which isn't much). I have the QC9416-2R 16 Channel 720p Analog Digital Video Recorder DVR w2TB currently installed 9 cameras. Like said before I don't know what to do any more so my question is

Does anyone know of someone which can provide service in this matter in or around Escondido, CA?

Yes I have called companies but they all say they can't help me and I just should get a new system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you ~ Christine

Rfr309

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, first of all I would like to thank everyone for sharing lots of useful info here, I was able to locate an IP address for all of my cameras, unfortunately I wasn't able to view the cameras through any of the mentioned software. My cameras were originally setup on app called iVMS-4500 through myq-see.com addresses.
At this point the only was I was able to view the cameras is through Internet Explorer 11 by login in using my cam's IP address, as it was recommended by someone here. Again, thank you very much for that, non of the other browsers would work properly. Could someone please guide me on how do I locate what cameras I'm using (I know all of them are connected through SAT5 cable), and how do I make it work so I can view the cameras using any of the software? I'll attach some screenshot.cam_ip.JPG Thank you very much!

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I figured it out and the camera is working. Apparently, when I reset the camera by pressing the reset button, it de-initialized and in order for the NVR to have access to it, it needs to be re-initialized. It couldn't have been done on Q-See NVR, but I found this very helpful link:
I wasn't able to lo in directly into the camera using the browser. Would be curious to know how to do it, because the IP address is not bringing up the Q-See interface.
So I took the next option - downloaded the config tool and initialized the camera. From there, it was a snap. Just put in the initialization password and the camera is back in business both directly on the NVR and on Q-See View.
Thanks to all that took the time to help out!
Now I have a different issue. I have a new QCW2MPSL camera I would like to install. The only instructions given is to configure it via QC Plus software that is no longer available. Please point me out to how to add this camera to my wifi network without QCPlus. Thank you.

romanigo1

n3wb
Reaction score
Now I have a different issue. I have a new QCW2MPSL camera I would like to install. The only instructions given is to configure it via QC Plus software that is no longer available. Please point me out to how to add this camera to my wifi network without QCPlus. Thank you.
To add: I understand that this is the same camera as Dahua IPC-C26EP Active Deterrence 2mp WiFi camera or Imou LOOC camera. Both Dahua and Imou have their own app that is similar to QC Plus. My concern is that the process requires either scanning the bar code or entering the serial number, that might preclude configuration. I suppose there is also a straight forward method without such app to have the camera and the wifi recognize each other. Should I still go with on e of the apps or there is another way?

Snowjet

n3wb
Reaction score
My question is is simple, I think. I'm in the same situation as most, with a system I can no longer use remotely, but need to be able to monitor my business remotely. I currently have a QC908 analog DVR with 8 cameras. The cameras are QCA7201B's (720p Analog HD). I would like to continue to use my existing cameras but I'm not sure of the mfg. of the cam's. I want to purchase a DVR that is compatible with the old cameras so it's relatively simple to hook up the old cameras and set up the new DVR that supports remote viewing. Suggestion please.