PTZ Pole Mount Height (SD49225T-HN)

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I want to install a SD49225T-HN IP PTZ on to a pole and was wondering what the recommend height should be for my application.

I want to mount the PTZ on a pole next to the driveway, about 1.5m - 2m from the street. Its purpose will be to monitor the street for approaching vehicles around the entrance as well as the front gate.

I currently have an HDCVI HFW3231E-Z Starlight looking down the street towards the driveway right at the end of the boundary. Problem is this cam was mounted slightly too low and does get blinded by car lights. I am going to leave it as it is. (Not too sure the exact height, due to a gradient, a bit difficult to measure, but prob 2m at street level).

So regarding the PTZ. How long does the pole need to be? What would a good height be for the PTZ to be mounted not to be disturbed by approaching headlights and still produce good video.

@bigredfish I know you are a big fan of the HFW3231E-Z too and also have some IP PTZs so would love to hear your thoughts too.

(My system is a Dahua XVR Penta-brid. So no sweat adding any IP or HDCVI cams). :)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry I dont have any PTZ's. Had considered one for the cul-de-sac but really dont think Id use it. Prefer 2 fixed cameras unless 1) I had a wide open space with no trees or obstacles to trigger auto-tracking every 10 minutes or 2) I had gobs of time to sit and monitor it

As to height, I have a pole at the entrance to the neighborhood that sits 15ft higher than the street and 15ft back and still have to use HLC to help tame the headlights.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I want to install a SD49225T-HN IP PTZ on to a pole and was wondering what the recommend height should be for my application.

I want to mount the PTZ on a pole next to the driveway, about 1.5m - 2m from the street. Its purpose will be to monitor the street for approaching vehicles around the entrance as well as the front gate.

I currently have an HDCVI HFW3231E-Z Starlight looking down the street towards the driveway right at the end of the boundary. Problem is this cam was mounted slightly too low and does get blinded by car lights. I am going to leave it as it is. (Not too sure the exact height, due to a gradient, a bit difficult to measure, but prob 2m at street level).

So regarding the PTZ. How long does the pole need to be? What would a good height be for the PTZ to be mounted not to be disturbed by approaching headlights and still produce good video.

@bigredfish I know you are a big fan of the HFW3231E-Z too and also have some IP PTZs so would love to hear your thoughts too.

(My system is a Dahua XVR Penta-brid. So no sweat adding any IP or HDCVI cams). :)
59225 in my videos is on the peak of my garage about 15ft high