***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bigredfish, I'm done for the day. You mentioned, "If you find it this way, then when done, before unplugging, change it back to a 10.1.1.x address and 10.1.1.1 gateway static to plug back into the NVR". Do I do that through Config Tool? Specifically at this screen OR click on the GREEN explorer icon (right hand side of picture but not shown)

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Doesnt matter what folder just so you can find it. In just not sure about the name but won’t matter

no connect to the camera via browser direct at .193

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bigredfish - I'm now having issues reversing what I did. I logged into the camera via browser which is still currently connected to the router. Changed the ip address from .193 to 10.1.1.xx. But shows the following:

Last edited:

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Almost done for the day....lol

Per your instructions I changed the ip address of the Z4E back to 10.1.1.xx and the default gateway to 10.1.1.1 and then unplugged cam from router, then connected back to NVR and it seems to be working just fine. THANK YOU.

Meanwhile, I noticed my other 10.1.1.xx cams that I've never messed with have a default gateway of 192.168.x.x. Since the Z4E cam is now plugged back into the NVR, can I change the default gateway to 192.168.x.x so the Z4E matches the other cams? Or how do I do that.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmm they should all be the same 10,1,1,1 if you are using a PoE NVR. But if theyre working lets not mess with it yet.

This is the problem with troubkeshooting network stuff over the interwebs, I cant see but one piece at a time ;)

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I agree lets not mess with it. So what I'm going to do now is unplug the Z4E and put the original cam that is supposed to be there and i'll see what happens.

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Done! Unplugged Z4E from port 7 of the NVR, replaced it with the original cam that was there and everything looks good. Was able to login and that cam also is default gateway of 192.168.x.x .

Thanks for all your help. Appreciate it. Although I was unsuccessful in extracting the .dat file for Andy, just being able to have Config Tool see my cam was a huge accomplishment.

Last edited:

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmmmm they should all be the same 10,1,1,1 if you are using a PoE NVR. But if theyre working lets not mess with it yet.

This is the problem with troubkeshooting network stuff over the interwebs, I cant see but one piece at a time ;)
Done! Unplugged Z4E from port 7 of the NVR, replaced it with a ZE cam that was originally in port 7 and everything looks good. Was able to login and that ZE cam also has a default gateway of 192.168.x.x

Thanks for all your help. Appreciate it. Although I was unsuccessful in extracting the .dat file for Andy, just being able to have Config Tool see my cam was a huge accomplishment.

You have me curious with your above statement though as to why mine are all 192. Do you think if I did a hard reset of the Z4E then might the default gateway go back to 192. like my other cams??

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want it to be that you can just login to the camera and change it. No need to reset it

Im guessing you may have initialized them with the config tool or otherwise originally?

I guess they'll use either gateway as the switch can see both? Go into your NVR sand see what the gateway on the switch says... should be 10.1.1.1. Gateway should typically match with the IP range.

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you want it to be that you can just login to the camera and change it. No need to reset it

Im guessing you may have initialized them with the config tool or otherwise originally?

I guess they'll use either gateway as the switch can see both? Go into your NVR sand see what the gateway on the switch says... should be 10.1.1.1. Gateway should typically match with the IP range.
For the Z4E, I did login to the camera to change the default gateway from 10.1.1.1 to 192.168.x.x and it reads, "IP address does not match gateway". No luck there. Any ideas of how to change the Z4E default gateway from 10.1.1.1 to 192.168.x.x so it matches my other cams?

I didn't initialized any of cams.....I simply plugged them into the new 5208 one at a time, waited for it to connect, and then moved onto the next one. This week is the first time I installed the Config tool as well.

Last edited:

Jinajon

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm really struggling here - not sure what I'm doing wrong with this last camera, but I just won't connect to the NVR.

I have bought a POE NVR and 4 cameras from Andy, plugged them in one at a time, and they show up no problem. I plug in the last camera, and ... nothing. Reset it, tried a known working NVR port and cable - still nothing.
I can connect the camera to another router set to 192.168.1.1 and set up/log in to the cam through browser, no issues. But it just won't show up in the NVR camera list.

What am I doing wrong??

Jinajon

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I went to 192.168.1.108, did the initial setup, set the password to the same as the NVR, the IP to 10.1.1.67, and the gateway to 10.1.1.1 then logged out. When plugged into the NVR, the camera connected (yay!!) and displayed the live image.
I then entered my NVR's IP into the browser, and looked at the camera list. Channel 3 is now there, with the IP 10.1.1.67, but instead or "Port3" it shows as "37777". And when I hit the IE icon, of course it won't open, just times out.
I changed to the NVR interface, and had a look at the under Settings > Camera > 'PoE. Channel 3 is showing as status red circle (disconnected) and Rate as " - " even though the camera image is displaying.

I've wasted a good couple of hours on this now, and I'll be damned if I know what's going on.

*edit:
In brief: when plugging a factory reset camera into a PoE NVR, it won't connect and doesn't show up at all under camera registration.
Faulty camera? Faulty NVR? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @Jinajon, I didn't read all your posts above, it "looks" like you are doing a "default" through the browser, yes? Don't do that (it is not a full 100% factory reset, as it does not put the camera in "initialising" state). You need that initialising state. How to do this? Open the back of the camera (typically where the SD card goes), and look for a reset hole/button/pin. connect the camera to the NVR on a working POE port, and hold that pin for 30 seconds. You'll hear (if its a varifocal) when the camera is rebooting. Then you can let go. The NVR will automatically reconfigure your camera to be picked up by the NVR. You don't need to search, register or do any configuration. If this is not working, somethings probably wrong with the camera IF it worked with other cameras on that NVR.

Good luck!
CC

Jinajon

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, hit the reset button a dozen times now. Held it for different amounts of time, from 5 seconds through to over a minute. Still no dice.
So to confirm; using the reset button should put the camera in the "initialising" state?

Jinajon

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it.
IMG_7859.jpg
I reset the camera on 12V only. Then reset the NVR to factory defaults (again). I reconnected the cameras one by one, and it finally picked up the trouble camera. It still wasn't happy about something, because it showed that camera in the top panel with an X beside it, and at the same time showed it in the bottom panel with a green dot! I just hit "Next", set the NVR IP to my local network, and then went to the web interface. Smooth sailing from there.

Don't ask me what the actual cause of this problem was :wtf:

I hate networking :banghead:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad it worked out. Of course to be sure all is well you'll need to reboot the nvr...and hold your breath. You don't have to do it but it's really the only way you know for sure that it'll continue to work upon a reboot down the line. Or if you've had enough, let it ride for a while lol. I've been there too.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
For the Z4E, I did login to the camera to change the default gateway from 10.1.1.1 to 192.168.1.1 and it reads, "IP address does not match gateway". No luck there. Any ideas of how to change the Z4E default gateway from 10.1.1.1 to 192.168.1.1 so it matches my other cams?

I didn't initialized any of cams.....I simply plugged them into the new 5208 one at a time, waited for it to connect, and then moved onto the next one. This week is the first time I installed the Config tool as well.

Correction: I went into the NVR and the default gateway for tcp is the 198; default gateway for the switch is 10.1.1.1.
Right
So cameras plugged into the PoE ports and assigned a 10.1.1.x address should use the 10.1.1.1 gateway

leave it. It’s right the others are wrong.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Got it.
View attachment 74882
I reset the camera on 12V only. Then reset the NVR to factory defaults (again). I reconnected the cameras one by one, and it finally picked up the trouble camera. It still wasn't happy about something, because it showed that camera in the top panel with an X beside it, and at the same time showed it in the bottom panel with a green dot! I just hit "Next", set the NVR IP to my local network, and then went to the web interface. Smooth sailing from there.

Don't ask me what the actual cause of this problem was :wtf:

I hate networking :banghead:
Congratulations :p

LBX

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Right
So cameras plugged into the PoE ports and assigned a 10.1.1.x address should use the 10.1.1.1 gateway

leave it. It’s right the others are wrong.
POSSIBLY GREAT NEWS - This afternoon, I finally found the .dat file Andy needs in order to fix the Algorithm failed message (aka red triangle) for my new B5442E-Z4E cam. Come to find out the English version I received never would show the .dat file to export. So I went ahead and tried the Chinese version and it showed on the first try! No idea, but maybe the English version works for others.

Hopefully the posts between #125 - #171 helps others that may have a similar problem with the Config Tool not being able to "see" a cam that is directly connected to a POE NVR.

A big Thank You to bigredfish for your help. Lets just see if i'm able to extract and import license in Chinese. :)

Last edited: