Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's been about a month since the first vaccination in the US, yet the CDC just reported that only 36% of available vaccinations have been administered.

Anyone else see a problem with this, or is it just me?

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @sdkid

Masks are only a part of the equation, there's a lot more.

Also, one major issue ( and I am seeing this in my extended family also ) once one person gets it in the household, the entire household seems to get it.

Worse in the winter, as people will not want to vent out their homes.

So it makes sense to see it worse in the winter, as people have lower vitamin-D levels and spend more time locked up indoors without clean ventilation.

In general I am not longer trusting Fauci, MSM, or those in elected positions.
I stopped trusting those mindless idiots the first day. "Wash your hands and stay 6 ft apart". Are you fucking kidding me.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's been about a month since the first vaccination in the US, yet the CDC just reported that only 36% of available vaccinations have been administered.

Anyone else see a problem with this, or is it just me?
Too much chaos in healthcare and the government (in some places) to get this out efficiently. Then throw political schemes in the mix....

And they've only had 8 months to come up with a delivery plan, I mean come on, cut these idiots some slack.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
The important point here in this graph is how many cases per million the state is seeing. On December 8, it was around 180 cases/million in Vermont, which was quite low compared to other states at that time, hence Fauci's comment.

My state, Indiana, had 803 cases/million that day. That's over 4x the Vermont case rate. Florida, on that day, had over 2x the Vermont case rate. California, close to 4x the rate. None of these are outlier points on a particularly high day.

Compare your state in terms of cases per million around that time with Vermont. There's probably an easy way to automate the math across the whole country, but it's pretty clear that Vermont's response kept things at bay, relative to other states at that time.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

During a Tuesday press briefing about the US vaccination effort, CDC head Robert Redfield issued another warning about COVID-19 transmission, saying many areas in the US are "on the verge of exponential growth", while also acknowledging that most instances of viral transmission are occurring withinhouseholds.

That's not exactly new information, as data has consistently shown the virus mostly spreads among members of the same household. Redfield's comments even bring to mind research which brings to mind research we shared just the other day. In a blog post, author and statistician William Briggs argued that lockdowns don't work because they simply force people to congregate in even smaller areas, like their homes: "a lockdown will spread this bug faster than allowing people to remain at liberty," he said.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, so now that the economy in many States, NY, NJ, PA and a host of other "enlightened" States, has been destroyed the CDC admits that gyms, bars, restaurants, "mom and pop" stores are not the primary source of transmission? It's a miracle!!!!!

Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Me thinks Mr Fauci is making it up as he goes along and enjoying the limelight.

So far comparing the predictions of Dr Fauci and my cat Samantha, they’re neck and neck.
Please ask your cat the winning Mega million numbers.
Thanks vandyman

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score

During a Tuesday press briefing about the US vaccination effort, CDC head Robert Redfield issued another warning about COVID-19 transmission, saying many areas in the US are "on the verge of exponential growth", while also acknowledging that most instances of viral transmission are occurring withinhouseholds.

That's not exactly new information, as data has consistently shown the virus mostly spreads among members of the same household. Redfield's comments even bring to mind research which brings to mind research we shared just the other day. In a blog post, author and statistician William Briggs argued that lockdowns don't work because they simply force people to congregate in even smaller areas, like their homes: "a lockdown will spread this bug faster than allowing people to remain at liberty," he said.
Oh, so now that the economy in many States, NY, NJ, PA and a host of other "enlightened" States, has been destroyed the CDC admits that gyms, bars, restaurants, "mon and pop" stores are not the primary source of transmission? It's a miracle!!!!!
Let's think it through a bit.

Most transmissions occur in the home, because an infected person in the home can easily transmit to however many others are living there. This makes a lot of sense.

But, the person bringing the infection into the home had to get it somewhere... gym, bar, restaurant, school, workplace, brothel... somewhere, they got infected. The social distancing efforts we are doing have had significant impact and have brought the primary "outside the home" infection rate down enough to where the secondary transmissions that occur within the home are now greater in number than the primary infections outside.

This doesn't mean it's time to let up with the social distancing. The Briggs argument may apply in some circumstances for sure but should not be seen as a recipe for opening up more restaurants and brothels as that is simply going to speed primary transmission.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting that 40% of heath care workers are not taking the vaccine. Why ?
My wife and I are over 70 with no heath problems, We will not be getting the vaccine, I am not a a test subject for big pharma

The way I look at it, the more people who don't want it, the faster I can get it. It is chaos in FL. Typical of a Gov't run program. The plan is: "There is No plan".

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting that 40% of heath care workers are not taking the vaccine. Why ?
My wife and I are over 70 with no heath problems, We will not be getting the vaccine, I am not a a test subject for big pharma

So same here, except for a few minor health issues, the wife and I are pretty much in lockdown anyway with very, very little contact with anyone, I think our dogs have a better social life than we do, they have dog friends on all sides of our fencing :) Anyway, since almost half of my meds have class action suits (some cancer related) against the same companies who developing these vaccines we will not be rushing out to be first in line for their vaccines, plus with the possibility of 5 different types of vaccines coming available it only adds more to the confusion of which one to trust. Our trust was pretty low prior to this Pandemic and the Election, now it is actually in the negatives below zero...

Not sure why people think the vaccine is a cure, or it sure is being promoted as such, being vaccinated helps your immune system fight off the disease but it does not stop you from infecting someone else, that is if you get Covid, grant it would be a small window of time but this is no cure. The cure is your body's immune system, Thank You Jesus, we all have different immune systems (Armies), some protect better than others. I know this is how one would explain this to a child but it works for this under educated old guy :) I/we see vaccines as a early warning system for our bodies, "The Enemy is coming and this is what they look like" We understand and see no problem in this medical practice, but the problem we see with this vaccine is the rush factor, the lack of long term testing, the companies history of greed, etc., all red flags for us.

Not saying we won't eventually take the vaccine, looks like we will be forced to so if you want to travel (fly), which we are hopeful that we can one day resume our vacations again, bar no future Pandemic consume us. We don't have many years left anyway, so any long term issues would probably not be an issue with us.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
^^ A couple of thoughts. Since he got the first dose isn't it possible that he'd test positive, somewhere along the line, simply because the vaccine is a modified version of the CCP Virus? If he does actually have the CCP Virus I think he may have minor symptoms rather than a full blown, on a ventilator, infection since his immune system should already be fairly well ramped up.