only partial IPC features available after adding it to XVR (hybrid NVR + DVR of Dahua)

Ollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
(XVR has only coax input connectors + a single IP input for network connectivity. it can get though an IP input as well).

I've added a Dahua IPC (ipc-hdw5442tm-ase) to my XVR ( XVR5104HS-4KL-I3).

Currently the entire video stream from this IPC is being recorded into my XVR HDD.

Adding an IP input is possible, as there is an option (under camera channels) to add this camera (which connected to a router port) - see attachment_1.

This enables my XVR to view this IPC stream and to record it.

After adding the IPC - the XVR gets all its video detection events but not its SMD or IVS alarms.

In the video detection menus, I can see the added IPC channel (channel #5 – see attachment_2)

I wander whether it is my XVR limitation or rather I added the IPC channel wrongly?

I added the IPC and selected “Private” at the manufacture field (the port is TCP # 37777 - My XVR TCP port also set as #37777).

Should I select “OIVF” at the manufacture field? – it is required then an http port (attachment_3)

Also, is it because my device is of "WIZSENSE" serious and the IPC is of "WIZMIND" - a superiour serious?

My main concern is to be able to see the IVS alarms while in DMSS app (Android), but also that will be recorded to my XVR (as the rest of the video events).

I can see the IVS alarms only when adding the IPC as well (to the DMSS in addition to the XVR), but I can’t reach its video’s alarms (since they are not recorded into my XVR but rather to the IPC device itself.

(Motion detection alarms can be viewed under my XVR device aand are probably recorded to my XVR HDD– I don’t have an SD card in my IPC).

Is there a way to record the IPC’s alarms/events to my XVR’s HDD?

Attachments

Last edited:

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also have an XVR 7 series and unfortunately your limited to just constant or basic motion detection features, on any IP camera added to the XVR.