Official document on ipc-hdw4631c-a, saying it is NOT PTZ

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello forum and in advance sorry for this non-technical question.

Camera ipc-hdw4631c-a is obviously not PTZ motorized (it is POE, and relatively cheap) and has no varifocal. I have many installed for several years.

My neighbors (lawyers) are officially asking for a document confirming this.
In the camera booklet it just says:
  • focus control: fixed [this is good]
  • pan/tilt/rotation: Pan:0˚~360˚; Tilt:0˚~78˚; Rotation:0˚~360˚ [of course manually, but this is where the confusion comes from, basically they believe I am lying]

Moreover NVR interface shows PTZ buttons (inactive but it also created confusion).

This is why I am looking for a document saying this model is not motorized (can be a synthesis of various camera models features for example). I didn't find one on the internet and more particularly on dahua wiki.

Can someone help? Many thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello forum and in advance sorry for this non-technical question.

Camera ipc-hdw4631c-a is obviously not PTZ motorized (it is POE, and relatively cheap) and has no varifocal. I have many installed for several years.

My neighbors (lawyers) are officially asking for a document confirming this.
In the camera booklet it just says:
  • focus control: fixed [this is good]
  • pan/tilt/rotation: Pan:0˚~360˚; Tilt:0˚~78˚; Rotation:0˚~360˚ [of course manually, but this is where the confusion comes from, basically they believe I am lying]

Moreover NVR interface shows PTZ buttons (inactive but it also created confusion).

This is why I am looking for a document saying this model is not motorized (can be a synthesis of various camera models features for example). I didn't find one on the internet and more particularly on dahua wiki.

Can someone help? Many thanks
Hi @Gleneroo

Yes,.. they can manually move the camera to the angles specified in the spec sheet:
If they have issues with it, that is fine .. they can buy one.. then again, as they are lawyers they really should buy a better model.
( often the most affordable cameras you see sold online are Chinese region cameras with hacked firmware to support other languages ( than Chinese ))

Last edited:

CJR

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm sure you are against a privacy matter.

Search ipc-hdw4631 (your particular suffix is not returned) The suffix probably is obsolete.

The French Dahua site has this datasheet in French language.
You may want to forward the quick start guide that details steps to install.
and perhaps every document on this product page.

The international site has the same model but includes the EOL (end of life) tag.

IPC-HDW4631EM-ASE

6MP IR Eyeball Network Camera

1623788075830.png
I might omit mentioning the laser microphone you have scanning windows of the barristers home. :cool:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like a land shark looking for a big, fat, payday to me. Anyone with a synapse that fires that looks at that camera can understand it is a turret which is not a PTZ. Bullet cameras have "tilt" and "rotation" ratings as well.

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am looking for an official document saying
Motorized camera : no
Or
PTZ: no

Datasheet and quick start guide don't mention this.

It is as simple as that.
Saying that anyone with a brain blabla can understand, no, unfortunately it doesn't work.

Is there a document like this?
I was thinking maybe a synthesis of all cameras models but I didn't find this.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I am looking for an official document saying
Motorized camera : no
Or
PTZ: no

Datasheet and quick start guide don't mention this.

It is as simple as that.
Saying that anyone with a brain blabla can understand, no, unfortunately it doesn't work.

Is there a document like this?
I was thinking maybe a synthesis of all cameras models but I didn't find this.

My Toyota can’t fly, but nowhere I’ve found in the 500 page user manual or sale sticker does it say “Can Fly-No”

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
why do u need this document that says ptz=no ? there is no such document that says that.
This camera is china domestic model hacked into english version, don't upgrade the firmware !!

is the lawyer going to sue u ?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
No there is no document explicitly saying this. Take the camera down if you are this worried about it.

Why do you have to show them it’s not a PTZ? Are they illegal in your country? Invite them over to your house to have them inspect it if you want. Anyone with a brain can tell it’s not a PTZ camera when looking at it.

Last edited:

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
just ignore the bugger, if this goes to court..

As a general principle of law, the burden of proof lies with the person making an allegation.

it is the lawyer who has to find the document .. not the op.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With that kind of customers, li sounds like trouble to me. As mat200 mentioned, offer a better product, allowing you to compare between top models and not so good. In an event, they even want their cameras to do mind reading

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a typical BS attempt at a legal argument by trying to make someone answer a leading question that will only result in more stupid questions. Very similar to the old "when did you stop beating your wife" question.

If it were a PTZ camera that would be plainly stated in the heading and mention a pan and tilt speed in the documentation. Describing the field of view that the camera can achieve does require the use of the terms "pan" and "tilt" to provide references for the reader of the spec sheet.

Once again a misleading question designed to produce an answer that is obviously a resounding "NO". A lawyer in search of money.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss. Or they are just harassing you. In either case, the answer is ignorance. Compare the description of your camera to a "true" PTZ, like the SD49425. Yours says "Eyeball network camera" while the SD says "Network PTZ Camera". Your IS a PT camera - it pans and tilts, just manually, but the camera folks reserve using PT in the description for motorized, by convention. As others have said, finding an official document that says what it is NOT probably won't happen. Ask your neighbor if they have a document saying their dog is not a cat.

To answer your question, it lies in the details of the spec sheet. One gives you the rates, presets, and other details under the PTZ section of the specs. The other does not. They are ass-u-ming it moves under its own power.

You don't say why you need this information. If you are putting up cameras for them, and they think they are being ripped off, dump them for a client, as they don't trust you. If they are harassing you because they are afraid you are looking through their windows, well, I don't know French laws, but I would tell them to pound sand with their ignorance.

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you, I will answer with the Datasheet saying it doesn't say it is PTZ (so we can assume it is not), and I leave it to this point.

Good reminder to let accuser prove his allegation first (yes from looking externally at the camera we cannot certify it is the same model on Datasheet but can you demonstrate it is not? Etc...)