Not recording long enough

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running Foscam and latest version of BI. The problem Im having is this:
The video recording is cutting off too soon. Example:

I have landscapers that I want to record. They are working in 1 area for 5-10 minutes. Cameras will record for about 20 seconds and then shut off recording even though they are moving around still in the same area.

How is the best way to capture all motion and continuously record as long as they keep moving?

Under Trigger, Motion Sensor, .7 for Make Time
Min Object Size (More) at 246
Min contrast 40
Advanced, Object Detection: Only Trigger when Object travels 100, Object exceeds 67%
Cancel Shadows is checked
Break Time: End Trigger unless re-triggered within 20 seconds.

On break time, I would think that since they are moving around int he area, it would keep triggering and recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Running Foscam and latest version of BI. The problem Im having is this:
The video recording is cutting off too soon. Example:

I have landscapers that I want to record. They are working in 1 area for 5-10 minutes. Cameras will record for about 20 seconds and then shut off recording even though they are moving around still in the same area.

How is the best way to capture all motion and continuously record as long as they keep moving?

Under Trigger, Motion Sensor, .7 for Make Time
Min Object Size (More) at 246
Min contrast 40
Advanced, Object Detection: Only Trigger when Object travels 100, Object exceeds 67%
Cancel Shadows is checked
Break Time: End Trigger unless re-triggered within 20 seconds.

On break time, I would think that since they are moving around int he area, it would keep triggering and recording.
It should keep triggering. It is impossible to know if your settings are correct/sufficient to properly without an actual view of what the camera sees and a sample video of what motion its missing.
It is also possible you have improperly setup recording in general using improper settings like triggered+continuous.
You will have to post ALL your motion detection and recording settings.
Also note that you should match the cameras iframe interval to the fps.