No comms after HTTP/HTTPS port Change - Steps Required

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are very lucky you might be able to apply a change of ports or reset to defaults over the ONVIF protocol if you try the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
The page in question is 'network settings'.
Ok will give this a try and report back, what steps do I take to accomplish this ?

- - - Updated - - -

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok will give this a try and report back, what steps do I take to accomplish this ?

- - - Updated - - -
I assume once this software is loaded I enter the IP as the location IP:82 if the port I set it to is 82. I keep getting the following...
"there was no endpoint listening at http://IP:82 that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action, See inner exception"
so either I am doing something wrong or I cannot connect. Please note that I can ping this address in the command prompt ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming that you have used a valid camera user/password for the ONVIF Device Manager login, you should be able to modify the network settings such as the HTTP port OK with ODM.
And an indication that you have changed them would be the error you have quoted. ODM needs to 'rediscover' the device on the network.
It should go away if you shut down and restart ODM, so that it goes through the network discovery process again, and should find the camera on the new port, which you should probably set back to 80.
There is also the 'Maintenance' page which should allow you to do some resets back to defaults to get the camera back and working.

ODM_3.jpg

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Latest Update

With some playing around I was able to reload the firmware via tftp, the camera is now constantly on however I cannot access it (via web browser or ping) due to the following (at least that is what I thing is the problem). My local network is 192.168.0.XX and after the reload the camera is coming up as 192.168.1.XX. How does one change the IP of the camera to 192.168.0.XX.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
latest update

with some playing around i was able to reload the firmware via tftp, the camera is now constantly on however i cannot access it (via web browser or ping) due to the following (at least that is what i thing is the problem). My local network is 192.168.0.xx and after the reload the camera is coming up as 192.168.1.xx. How does one change the ip of the camera to 192.168.0.xx.
sadp

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is what I assumed however I have done the following...

SADP.jpg
Changed IP address = Did not save, came up with and error (I can advise later tonight what that error is)
Changed IP address and IPv4 Gateway = same error

It is entirely possible that I am doing something wrong for this step so if you could treat me as "Changing IP for Dummies" that would probably be beneficial.

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Assuming that you have used a valid camera user/password for the ONVIF Device Manager login, you should be able to modify the network settings such as the HTTP port OK with ODM.
And an indication that you have changed them would be the error you have quoted. ODM needs to 'rediscover' the device on the network.
It should go away if you shut down and restart ODM, so that it goes through the network discovery process again, and should find the camera on the new port, which you should probably set back to 80.
There is also the 'Maintenance' page which should allow you to do some resets back to defaults to get the camera back and working.

View attachment 6084

Thanks for the info, I did reload the firmware so I am back to square one, sort of. Just having issues with the IP as per post below. Could I use this program to change the IP as well ? or does the IP need to match my local network first ?.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you just program your computer to match that subnet temporary, login to the web gui and change the ip?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you just program your computer to match that subnet temporary, login to the web gui and change the ip?

Can you please advise how and what I would change ?.

I assume the following but I could be wrong...

1) - Go into local area connection properties
2) - Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
3) - De-select obtain IP automatically
4) - Here is where I need help, what do I enter for ID address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway ?

Again these may be the wrong step but this is what I assume are the steps ?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you please advise how and what I would change ?.

I assume the following but I could be wrong...

1) - Go into local area connection properties
2) - Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
3) - De-select obtain IP automatically
4) - Here is where I need help, what do I enter for ID address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway ?

Again these may be the wrong step but this is what I assume are the steps ?
Correct.

IP address would be the same as the camera, but the last set of numbers would be different.

If 192.168.1.64 is the camera , your computer would be 192.168.1.100 ( just pulled 100 that from my butt, could be any number up to 254, just not the same as camera)

Subnet mask should prepopulate. Everything else can be blank

open your browser and go to the camera by the cameras IP address, the camera gui should pop up.

Once done, set your computer back to automatic.

Done

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still progressing through this, will try again tonight based on the above recommendations. I would like to say how great all of you are for taking the time to help, it is much appreciated

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Correct.

IP address would be the same as the camera, but the last set of numbers would be different.

If 192.168.1.64 is the camera , your computer would be 192.168.1.100 ( just pulled 100 that from my butt, could be any number up to 254, just not the same as camera)

Subnet mask should prepopulate. Everything else can be blank

open your browser and go to the camera by the cameras IP address, the camera gui should pop up.

Once done, set your computer back to automatic.

Done

I assume after the change it may ask for a password, since I have restored the device what would it be 12345 or other ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes indeed. This will vary with the specific firmware you updated the camera with.
You may just get the prompts to 'activate' the device with a strong password.

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes indeed. This will vary with the specific firmware you updated the camera with.
You may just get the prompts to 'activate' the device with a strong password.
I know of 12345, and 123456abc I think I have seen on other posts any others I should be aware of ?, hopefully it will not be needed

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, so I am in and can get to the camera (although it is chinese) and am very happy. However when it comes to changing the IP I am running into an issue

IP Change2.jpg

I assume I just change the IP address (192.168.1.xx to 192.168.0.xx), do I need to change anything else ?

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, so I am in and can get to the camera (although it is chinese) and am very happy. However when it comes to changing the IP I am running into an issue

View attachment 6126

I assume I just change the IP address (192.168.1.xx to 192.168.0.xx), do I need to change anything else ?
Ok, so I got it changed with 192.168.0.xx however I could not get it done with SADP, I would always get an error saying "Failed to modify settings:ID:001" so I logged in with ONIV and got it changed, not sure why this one worked and the other one did but Oh well. After IP change I reset my adapter settings and could see the IP on SADP however the IPv4 Gateway is still 192.168.1.xx, is this a problem moving forward with anything ?.

Now I am off to change from Chinese to English with the file supplied by ebay seller, wish me luck but I will probably be back for help on this one, ha ha

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All,

Upgrade.jpg

Starting the upgrade process, have been supplied a file from the person I got the camera from and I get the following when attempting to upgrade to change the language, please advise on a path forward.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you don't update the gateway, then it won't be accessable externally over the internet.

Sorry not sure how to help with the firmware thing. Use Google translate for now?