No comms after HTTP/HTTPS port Change - Steps Required

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All,

Just got and installed DS-2CD3332-I, everything was going great until I started to mess around with the ports. After changing the ports it said the camera would need to reboot and then I lost all comms. I can ping the camera intermittently and it does showq up on the SADP tool however that is as far as I get to actually doing anything with the camera. From some posts I have read this is a common problem however I am unclear of the actual steps to solve this problem in a step 1, 2, 3 sequence. Can anyone help me out please....

SF Version: V5.25_141201

Thanks in advance

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When accessing the camera, are you typing in the port number as well? Say I changed it to port 50000, and the IP is 192.168.1.10, I would type in http://192.168.1.10:50000 in the browser.

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes both http://IP:XX and https://IP:XX, also sometimes when I am pinging the IP address changes by 1 (example: xxx.xxx.x.28 to xxx.xxx.x.27) not sure if this helps ?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a common issue...the camera doesnt like certain port numbers...regardless, there is absolutely no reason to change the port numbers..if you are doing this for port forwarding, you can simply change the external port (on most routers) and simply route to the default internal port.

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a common issue...the camera doesnt like certain port numbers...regardless, there is absolutely no reason to change the port numbers..if you are doing this for port forwarding, you can simply change the external port (on most routers) and simply route to the default internal port.
What is the fix ?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you power cycle the camera after the change? Add the camera on IVMS-4200 using the media port and change it back

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the fix ?
Since the camera has no reset button, you may need to tftp the firmware to reset. Make sure you have the correct firmware as its a china camera and will brick if you try US firmware.
You can change the media port via sadp, maybe that will help...

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you power cycle the camera after the change? Add the camera on IVMS-4200 using the media port and change it back
Yes, powered off for 10 min and then back up again, same results as mentioned above. Will try adding it on IVMS-4200 as suggested and will report back soon

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, powered off for 10 min and then back up again, same results as mentioned above. Will try adding it on IVMS-4200 as suggested and will report back soon
IVMS-4200 installed however the cam is coming up and then going offline, similar to what I am seeing with the SADP and pinging. Remote configuration times out

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since the camera has no reset button, you may need to tftp the firmware to reset. Make sure you have the correct firmware as its a china camera and will brick if you try US firmware.
You can change the media port via sadp, maybe that will help...
Any idea on where I can get the correct firmware ? secondly instructions on tftp as there are no directions, at least the version I downloaded from HIKVISION

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using POE or external AC adapter?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you were using AC, was thinking maybe its underpowered when the LED comes on.

Have you tried another CAT5e cable?

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you were using AC, was thinking maybe its underpowered when the LED comes on.

Have you tried another CAT5e cable?
Have not tried another CAT5e cable, everything worked prior to me changing the ports so I assume this looping/dropping in and out is because of that

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have seen this - change ports and camera not like it. Tried with both original International version of camera and import and happened on both. I recommend not changing them as bug with firmware (Chinese and English)

waketech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have seen this - change ports and camera not like it. Tried with both original International version of camera and import and happened on both. I recommend not changing them as bug with firmware (Chinese and English)
Any idea on where I can get the correct firmware for this camera ?, from my S/N this is a chinese version

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't think matters if Chinese original or English original - bug in firmware both versions

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are very lucky you might be able to apply a change of ports or reset to defaults over the ONVIF protocol if you try the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
The page in question is 'network settings'.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A tftp update will wipe the configuration.
But will expose the true origin of the device, which may well have had seller-modified firmware installed.