New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like it does not like your username and password. Case Sensitive? Can you ping the DB from the machine you are trying to run VLC on?
yea, user and pass is correct. i can go to the camera web page via chrome, and it pulls up in 2 seconds.. no issues. also works in reolink app withouth issue.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yea, user and pass is correct. i can go to the camera web page via chrome, and it pulls up in 2 seconds.. no issues. also works in reolink app withouth issue.
Hmmm. this is the version I have installed:

1676674263982.png

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
it was a stupid password issue.

thanks for the help.

that being said..

I got my 3 dahua cams running fine in TiviMate using RTSP and the stock android XO browser.

I try the same with the reolink and RTSP, it pulls up the feed, but feed just doesnt play.

I tried the feed again in VLC on the mac, and continue to get drop outs.

so i guess reolink really doesnt like RTSP and would rather have RTMP.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it was a stupid password issue.

thanks for the help.

that being said..

I got my 3 dahua cams running fine in TiviMate using RTSP and the stock android XO browser.

I try the same with the reolink and RTSP, it pulls up the feed, but feed just doesnt play.

I tried the feed again in VLC on the mac, and continue to get drop outs.

so i guess reolink really doesnt like RTSP and would rather have RTMP.
Yeah, that is what I am reading everywhere. I know @fenderman has several post about this Reolink issue. Do a search for RTMP and Reolink...very few here on this Forum, if any, like their CAMs.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
im happy with the plug in chime, but alot of smart people out there.

good find.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
im happy with the plug in chime, but alot of smart people out there.

good find.
We are too. I will say it is loud, I know we can turn it down but we have the Chime plugged in by the back of the house so we can hear it when out back outside. Our Mech. Chime is in the middle of our house, we could of moved it or had added a second chime but this one is growing on us.

@pete_c has his Hikvision DB connected to a relay that captures the button press for his alarm system so I can see where the traditional wired Doorbell Button would be used.

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@flynreelow , @David L - Have you guys found the sweet spot for minimal disconnects on the POE version? RTMP? Can you post your settings?

I've read thru the thread and turned off RTSP keep alive in BI. I'm using the ONIVIF method for adding the camera, using the detected RTSP main and sub stream options. I'm still seeing ~5 drops an hour. Considerably less than when RTSP keep alive was on but still not great.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@flynreelow , @David L - Have you guys found the sweet spot for minimal disconnects on the POE version? RTMP? Can you post your settings?

I've read thru the thread and turned off RTSP keep alive in BI. I'm using the ONIVIF method for adding the camera, using the detected RTSP main and sub stream options. I'm still seeing ~5 drops an hour. Considerably less than when RTSP keep alive was on but still not great.
Zero No Signals (Disconnects) using RTMP has been my experience. I would try RTMP, you just pick ReoLink from the CAM list (Make). I had the same experience as you with turning off the Keep Alives, though it helped it did not fix the Lost Signals.

Here is 10 days straight on both POE and WiFi versions.
1678274767761.png

1678274571773.png

Main Stream:
/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}

If you need anything else, let me know...

Last edited:

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Zero No Signals (Disconnects) using RTMP has been my experience. I would try RTMP, you just pick ReoLink from the CAM list (Make). I had the same experience as you with turning off the Keep Alives, though it helped it did not fix the Lost Signals.

Here is 10 days straight on both POE and WiFi versions.
View attachment 156150

View attachment 156149

Main Stream:
/bcs/channel0_main.bcs?channel=0&stream=0&user={id}&password={pw}

If you need anything else, let me know...
Awesome, thanks. I'll give that a try this AM.

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. I'll give that a try this AM.
Quick follow up. I used @David L 's guidance above to use RTMP feeds and saw 0 drops over the course of ~5 days on my POE doorbell.

Separately, I emailed Reolink CS and they sent me beta firmware to test out. After applying the beta firmware I was able to turn RTSP keep alives on and use the RTSP feed without any drops for ~1 day so far. With the beta firmware I was able to follow the guidance here to add the Doorbell via ONVIF: How to Add Reolink Cameras to Blue Iris

The benefit here is I'm able to use ONVIF triggers, use the lower quality sub stream for triggers, and the full 4k stream for the recording and live view in BI.

CS said the firmware is beta but will be rolled into prod with the next release.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quick follow up. I used @David L 's guidance above to use RTMP feeds and saw 0 drops over the course of ~5 days on my POE doorbell.

Separately, I emailed Reolink CS and they sent me beta firmware to test out. After applying the beta firmware I was able to turn RTSP keep alives on and use the RTSP feed without any drops for ~1 day so far. With the beta firmware I was able to follow the guidance here to add the Doorbell via ONVIF: How to Add Reolink Cameras to Blue Iris

The benefit here is I'm able to use ONVIF triggers, use the lower quality sub stream for triggers, and the full 4k stream for the recording and live view in BI.

CS said the firmware is beta but will be rolled into prod with the next release.
Do you clone your DB for the Substream Triggers?

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you clone your DB for the Substream Triggers?
If you let BI detect via ONVIF it'll pick up the sub-stream path. When you setup the motion triggers, and AI functions you can select the main or sub-stream.

Setup for the sub-stream (FPS and resolution) is in the camera webpage (local IP). The substream is called "fluent" in the settings.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you let BI detect via ONVIF it'll pick up the sub-stream path. When you setup the motion triggers, and AI functions you can select the main or sub-stream.

Setup for the sub-stream (FPS and resolution) is in the camera webpage (local IP). The substream is called "fluent" in the settings.
So I did what ReoLink suggested in the link you posted, though I did not know about their suggestions until your post :). When I first got the DBs I had BI detect them via ONVIF, After testing RTSP I changed Make (dropdown) to Reolink and switched to RTMP.

In AI I have this option turned on:

1678823480804.png

Assuming it defaults to Sub and if Main is available it uses it.

I did readd my Subs on both DBs, thanks.
1678824261018.png