New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Of the two ReoLink Doorbell versions (WiFi & POE), you are correct, the WiFi version has a WiFi Radio where as the POE version only has Wired POE Ethernet. The Wifi Also has Wired Ethernet but it is not POE, but it can be used as a Network Connection.
So the WiFi version can be connected via Wired Ethernet and get it's power from the 2 terminals connected to a Doorbell transformer.

The WiFi version has Two Network Interfaces (eth0 & wlan0):
1679774466894.png
1679775385322.png

The POE Only has One Network Interface (eth0):
1679775711317.png
1679775864813.png

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently run a 1st gen nest hello which has worked great since i installed it a few years back. I plan on upgrading to the POE version of this purely for the ONVIF support with the plan of adding it to my Hikvision NVR. Im not fussed on having any motion detection which im guessing is not possible with the HIK NVR and using ONVIF but would purely be using it to view the feed on a local monitor.

Does anyone have the relink doorbell connected to a hikvsion NVR and does it work fine using ONVIF?

Many thanks

traviski

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have the relink doorbell connected to a hikvsion NVR and does it work fine using ONVIF?
I just hooked up the PoE doorbell to a Hikvision DS-7616NI-M2/16P NVR. The live stream looks great:

IMG_0355.PNG

But the continuous and events recordings show this green box obscuring the bottom half of the recording.

IMG_0356.PNG

The funny thing is, the moment someone pushes the doorbell button, the recording captures the full video.

I'm scratching my head.

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just hooked up the PoE doorbell to a Hikvision DS-7616NI-M2/16P NVR. The live stream looks great:

View attachment 158926

But the continuous and events recordings show this green box obscuring the bottom half of the recording.

View attachment 158927

The funny thing is, the moment someone pushes the doorbell button, the recording captures the full video.

I'm scratching my head.
Yeah I have one of these working with my 7716NI-I4 NVR, only really use it for local viewing and works fine. I've not managed to get it recording apart from continuous. I didn't think this was possible?

Are you connected directly to the NVR's POE ports or running it through a separate switch?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those that have the Reolink doorbell working with BlueIris, are there specific settings to get the keyframe closer to a value of 1? I'm at .5, which is OK but sounds like a value closer to 1 is best.
I've been adjusting the camera settings but can't seem to get any better than .5

According to the BI help file:
The key frame rate is an important consideration for multiple software functions. A key
frame rate of approximately 0.50-1.00 is desirable for optimal use of the direct-to-disk
recording option as well as the limit-decoding unless required functionality.

Doorbell Camera Log.jpg
Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For those that have the Reolink doorbell working with BlueIris, are there specific settings to get the keyframe closer to a value of 1? I'm at .5, which is OK but sounds like a value closer to 1 is best.
I've been adjusting the camera settings but can't seem to get any better than .5

The key frame rate is an important consideration for multiple software functions. A key
frame rate of approximately 0.50-1.00 is desirable for optimal use of the direct-to-disk

View attachment 158931
Thank you.
This is not possible with the doorbell firmware. Reolink had this problem for many years with their cameras - lied about it - then finally modified firmware to allow users to set iframe intervals. The doorbell firmware is a step backwards. Still the best doorbell camera available (under 800 bux) - just from a shitty company. Hopefully they will rectify this. The doorbell should not be used as a primary camera for the location.

traviski

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you connected directly to the NVR's POE ports or running it through a separate switch?
The ReoLink doorbell is connected directly to a PoE port on my Hik NVR. It seems to detect and record motion events just fine, although the image is half broken unless someone pushes the doorbell button.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 158931
Thank you.
That is pretty much what I get:
1680457538020.png

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The ReoLink doorbell is connected directly to a PoE port on my Hik NVR. It seems to detect and record motion events just fine, although the image is half broken unless someone pushes the doorbell button.
I might have to try that. I have mine connected to a Poe injector and then into my router not connected directly to the NVR

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 158931
Thank you.
I couldnt get anything better than your results.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I found out why I had the Diagnostic Logs...
1680560483323.png

I am running/using ReoLink Windows Client version 8.8.2 When I updated to 8.8.5 I lost the Diag. Logs.

I was hoping I kept the install file: reolink_client_8.8.2.exe but I deleted it.

Luckily I have the Client installed on two machines, my PC and BI box, so I just copied the installed files from the 8.8.2 install to the 8.8.5 install folder and I got the Diag. Logs back.

If anyone has reolink_client_8.8.2.exe or knows where to get it, I would very much appreciate it.

I attached my 8.8.2 Install files if anyone wants to copy/replace the files in your ReoLink Windows Client Install directory. I actually just deleted all the files/directories and copied these. You will then have the Diag. Logs.

Attachments

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I also updated firmware and have the key frame at 1.
did you update from the APP, or from the Webpage for the doorbell.

What is the latest firmware?

my current firmware is 3.0.0.1459_22102808

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did you update from the APP, or from the Webpage for the doorbell.

What is the latest firmware?

my current firmware is 3.0.0.1459_22102808
I'm showing v3.0.0.1859_23030902 as the latest from the Reolink website, released today.

I upgraded by hitting the doorbell webpage on my local lan. Settings -> System -> Maintenance