New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
just wanted to update.

doorbell working out great. zero issues or drop outs.
Same here, No Signal losses these last 2 days on my WiFi DB, Yahoo, since I found my self-inflicted IP conflict issue :), also in the weeks of testing the POE DB, the same there, No Loss Signals. Both DBs streaming to Blue Iris using RTMP.

My plan was and still is, to have NO WiFi CAMs on my CAM-VLAN (which has Zero Internet access), so when I temporarily setup the CAM-VLAN on my Access Point (AP) for this ReoLink WiFi DB, in adding the VLAN to the Switch & AP, the Switch added the new IP gateway, of course it was the IP I mistakenly picked for the WiFi DB :) I still crack myself up thinking I was pinging all that time to two devices (DB & Switch) with the same IP. My existing LaView DB is on my IoT-VLAN which has Internet access, I have been using the EZVIZ App for it. This is why I excited to have this POE DB solution.

What FPS/Bitrate you running?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here, No Signal losses these last 2 days on my WiFi DB, Yahoo, since I found my self-inflicted IP conflict issue :), also in the weeks of testing the POE DB, the same there, No Loss Signals. Both DBs streaming to Blue Iris using RTMP.

My plan was and still is, to have NO WiFi CAMs on my CAM-VLAN (which has Zero Internet access), so when I temporarily setup the CAM-VLAN on my Access Point (AP) for this ReoLink WiFi DB, in adding the VLAN to the Switch & AP, the Switch added the new IP gateway, of course it was the IP I mistakenly picked for the WiFi DB :) I still crack myself up thinking I was pinging all that time to two devices (DB & Switch) with the same IP. My existing LaView DB is on my IoT-VLAN which has Internet access, I have been using the EZVIZ App for it. This is why I excited to have this POE DB solution.

What FPS/Bitrate you running?
Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 6.32.39 PM.png

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I am at 15 FPS, I wanted to test to my other CAMs, I may boast it up to 20. My bitrate has been pretty steady...
View attachment 153714

The blurred picture is due to me still have the plastic cover the DB came with over the Lens...
yea i run all my other cams at 15... just thought i would bump this up to 20 for the shitss and giggles

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So look who finally got his installed ;), after a few months of testing/playing with it . :facepalm: Will definitely need to play with image settings. No BLC, HLC or WDR? How did I miss that? WDR would of been nice.

Angle will need to be adjusted (down and more towards the front door), concerned with the wall and IR, will see how reflective it will be...
1675984360441.png1675984266568.png1675983799120.png
1675984121220.png1675984191326.png

Can't lie, was not easy removing my Hik DB after 3 years of Great service, but looking forward to installing the POE version if this WiFi test works out ok...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not too bad so far. Actually when I went back to compare to my LaView, I like the IR lighting on the ReoLink.

ReoLink WiFi Doorbell:
1675989588834.png1675999087410.png

LaView DB:
1676001296578.png1676001399130.png

Since the IR is not blinding on the Wall, maybe just leave its position, still need to angle it down though.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Doh! I already chopped up my siding. Oh well.
I have found more wedges but I do not have a 3D printer, but I know someone who does :), my nephew bragged about getting one for Christmas...Uncle Dave will be reaching out to him soon.

I need an angle down wedge, I found this 9% one:

I am ending up with all these .stl files, haha. Guess I need to find a free CAD program :)

Wonder how you determine what degree is needed...I will be able to provide a measurement on top from wall to DB once I test what I need.

rgrandy

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue where the camera displays a really grainy image until you change an image setting, then it goes clear again? I have it so the camera is always color, but every once in a while the camera image goes really bad. Then I can make a change and the image suddenly readjusts and is good again.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue where the camera displays a really grainy image until you change an image setting, then it goes clear again? I have it so the camera is always color, but every once in a while the camera image goes really bad. Then I can make a change and the image suddenly readjusts and is good again.
zero issues with that.

set it and forget it. POE camera. no issues with cam quality.

are you running the wifi doorbell?

rgrandy

n3wb
Reaction score
I can try switching to my 2.4G vs 5G wifi network, perhaps that will give me a bit better connection. Its a TPLINK access point, with an openwrt router.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not yet but seems to be with the Shadow setting, correct? I have played with Day Mode too and Shadow setting can make it very grainy. I was showing my wife some stills (JPG Snapshots) through Blue Iris and we ran across one where I was messing around with Shadow setting and she looked very grainy and old in the snapshot, she quickly said "Delete that Picture" Haha

Here are my present settings
1676203205346.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My problem is without WDR, on a very sunny day the background gets washed out. So I don't get a good image at times since it is like taking a picture with the sun or bright lighting to someone's back. WDR or BLC usually helps fix this, one thing I wish was not missing in their settings.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My problem is without WDR, on a very sunny day the background gets washed out. So I don't get a good image at times since it is like taking a picture with the sun or bright lighting to someone's back. WDR or BLC usually helps fix this, one thing I wish was not missing in their settings.
My door faces the sun for about 2 hours in the morning, not having WDR or BLC is a negative, although my first gen RCA/LTS/HkV one doesn't have it either (on the web interface). Did you have a chance to see if both doorbells will ring the same chime? With many IOT, you need to pair it and didn't know if you had to do that.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My door faces the sun for about 2 hours in the morning, not having WDR or BLC is a negative, although my first gen RCA/LTS/HkV one doesn't have it either (on the web interface). Did you have a chance to see if both doorbells will ring the same chime? With many IOT, you need to pair it and didn't know if you had to do that.
The second gen Hik, which was my LaView, had WDR and BLC settings, which was nice, you could do either one but not both.

I'm sorry I forgot to post, so they do not. Also, they come already paired to their chime but you can re-pair them.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still messing with the image settings...Daytime has been my challenge, nighttime IR has been good.
1676298911634.png

I did play with angling the DB down, over the weekend, but to get more of the ground to see packages I lose headshots which defeat having the Smart DB.
May have to abandon the idea of seeing packages like I could with the 180 Vertical lens I had with the LaView. May need another camera, maybe in our window, to focus on porch ground.