New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all. I went through the 101 and search but couldn’t find what I was looking for (I swear I saw something posted about it). I have Nelly’s db on their newest fw. I’ve been using GuardingVision app but I wanted to switch to Hik-connect. I tried using both the same email I used with GV as well as a different email with Hikconnect and the app always sends notification to GV to approve sharing which works but does not have all the control you have in GV (see picture below). Is there a way to get these controls in Hikconnect app?

Guarding Vision
IMG_3903.jpg

Hikconnect
IMG_3915.jpg

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a variant of this doorbell the Halo one or one Halo and I swear I had sound working in Blue Iris before but now it doesn't. Does anybody know how to get sound working in Blue Iris?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a variant of this doorbell the Halo one or one Halo and I swear I had sound working in Blue Iris before but now it doesn't. Does anybody know how to get sound working in Blue Iris?
If you are referring to two-way audio, I don't believe Blue Iris supports that yet.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all. I went through the 101 and search but couldn’t find what I was looking for (I swear I saw something posted about it). I have Nelly’s db on their newest fw. I’ve been using GuardingVision app but I wanted to switch to Hik-connect. I tried using both the same email I used with GV as well as a different email with Hikconnect and the app always sends notification to GV to approve sharing which works but does not have all the control you have in GV (see picture below). Is there a way to get these controls in Hikconnect app?

Guarding Vision
View attachment 85770

Hikconnect
View attachment 85771
I apologize but I do not understand your question. Are you comparing Apps?

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you are referring to two-way audio, I don't believe Blue Iris supports that yet.
No just listening to the doorbell is what I'm trying to do. I can do it through the Halo one application on the PC and on the android phone. But if I click audio on blue Iris it doesn't work.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No just listening to the doorbell is what I'm trying to do. I can do it through the Halo one application on the PC and on the android phone. But if I click audio on blue Iris it doesn't work.
So I tried mine by turning on the Listen button but no Audio came through, only Recordings has Audio...

1617328332247.png

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is strange. I know I had audio through blue Iris but now I no longer do. The doorbell as it lost the ability because I can hear it through the laview app... Odd! Oh my other cameras have audio through blue Iris.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange. I know I had audio through blue Iris but now I no longer do. The doorbell as it lost the ability because I can hear it through the laview app... Odd! Oh my other cameras have audio through blue Iris.
I can not say it does not work, I have not ever tried it through Blue Iris, plus I am remoting into my Blue Iris PC so it may be why I don't get live audio.. I checked my Recordings and they have Audio so I know I am getting Audio from the DB just not on the View screen. I would try VLC Player and see if you get Audio...

Here is a Script I use, just put your info, IP, Password, etc.

Attachments

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
David thanks for the script. Yes I do get audio through VLC so the mystery deepens!

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I apologize but I do not understand your question. Are you comparing Apps?
The apps seem identical from a UI standpoint except color. I was just trying to figure out why the Hik-connect app did not have the actual db cam settings GV does.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The apps seem identical from a UI standpoint except color. I was just trying to figure out why the Hik-connect app did not have the actual db cam settings GV does.
Yeah, not sure who copied who but they are different Apps from different companies...Hik-Connect even jumped off Google Play Store...I assume Apple's too...

aralos1999

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I am. So it must be a setting in blue Iris or something.
To get audio in BI from the doorbell, you have to make sure in the camera settings --> video --> configure --> audio is set to use RTSP Alternate AAC decoder as the doorbell only supports AAC audio. Let us know if that does not work.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To get audio in BI from the doorbell, you have to make sure in the camera settings --> video --> configure --> audio is set to use RTSP Alternate AAC decoder as the doorbell only supports AAC audio. Let us know if that does not work.
You are great thank you very much!

RustedIron

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Hikvision version is a suitable replacement for the LTS version? We're bought into the LTS ecosystem and use the LTS Connect app. I may buy one on Amazon to try it out...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Hikvision version is a suitable replacement for the LTS version? We're bought into the LTS ecosystem and use the LTS Connect app. I may buy one on Amazon to try it out...

Do you have a model # or picture of your LTS? If it is the same as the EZVIZ, Hikvision, LaView, RCA or Nelly's, then it is a Hikvision Doorbell like all ours.

RustedIron

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a model # or picture of your LTS? If it is the same as the EZVIZ, Hikvision, LaView, RCA or Nelly's, then it is a Hikvision Doorbell like all ours.
It's the LTH-7132. It seems to be the same but I wasn't sure if there was some difference in firmware that would hinder a non-LTS branded device from functioning with the LTS app. It sure looks like the Hikvision app though. I'll give the Hikvision variant a go and report back, it's about $80 cheaper than the LTS variant.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's the LTH-7132. It seems to be the same but I wasn't sure if there was some difference in firmware that would hinder a non-LTS branded device from functioning with the LTS app. It sure looks like the Hikvision app though. I'll give the Hikvision variant a go and report back, it's about $80 cheaper than the LTS variant.

So the Hikvision DB latest firmware is build 200321, we have been able to load firmware on to most any of the Rebranded Doorbells. See our Doorbell101

Can you tell me what build # your LTS is using?

RustedIron

n3wb
Reaction score
So the Hikvision DB latest firmware is build 200321, we have been able to load firmware on to most any of the Rebranded Doorbells. See our Doorbell101

Can you tell me what build # your LTS is using?
I'd be happy to if it was still functioning, it won't power on and LTS is zero help. I'm not sure if it's related but my PIR sensor lens was pushed in to where the lens plastic cracked.