New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Vethman

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure this will help but I was not able to get my Doorbell completed through the App during setup until I connected 2.4GHz...you can always go back to 5.0 once completed...
Just tried all of my 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks, same result.

Are you able to enter the DB by browser? Because the message I get is weird:

Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't locate document: /doc/page/login.asp

Last edited:

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Above I mentioned that the JPG capture works with the following link:

hxxp:/IPOFCAMERA/onvif/snapshot.jpg

The good part of this for me is that you do not need to authenticate to see this picture using port 80.
Testing a couple of new smart cam boards and I need to authenticate to get a JPG.

Tinkering yesterday is is a JPG of the main stream (not substream) and it will be the same size as what you have configured for the main stream which you can adjust using the ONVIF tool or the batch configuration tool.

Tried using onvif0 and onvif1 and that does not work for the substream.

Another option here is to utilize the JPG capture from the Zoneminder sub stream.
Is this something that works out of the box? I have the Ezviz DB1 firmware v5.24 build 200904. I'm definitely missing something I think.
Ultimately, I am trying to get the 'live LAN view' in a web browser (locally). If that doesn't work, the next best thing would be the snapshot if I can get that working!

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this something that works out of the box? I have the Ezviz DB1 firmware v5.24 build 200904. I'm definitely missing something I think.
Ultimately, I am trying to get the 'live LAN view' in a web browser (locally). If that doesn't work, the next best thing would be the snapshot if I can get that working!
you should be able to put the RTSP feed straight into VLC and watch on the computer if need be.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Way back upgraded my firmware to the Hikvision firmware, enabled ONVIF and I was good to go. (Nelly's Security NSC-DB2 NDB313-W V5.2.4 HikVision FW build 200321 )

I enabled ONVIF via the Hikvision Batch Configuration Program. I also utilize the hardwired built in PIR via ONVIF messaging via external plugin to trigger motion alerts.

I use the JPG captures in rapid succession for my Leviton OmniPro Omnitouch security touchscreens. No login / password required.

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Way back upgraded my firmware to the Hikvision firmware, enabled ONVIF and I was good to go. (Nelly's Security NSC-DB2 NDB313-W V5.2.4 HikVision FW build 200321 )

I enabled ONVIF via the Hikvision Batch Configuration Program. I also utilize the hardwired built in PIR via ONVIF messaging via external plugin to trigger motion alerts.

I use the JPG captures in rapid succession for my Leviton OmniPro Omnitouch security touchscreens. No login / password required.
Thank you very much for this! You and David are absolutely wonderful with your help in this thread. I actually downloaded that firmware and I'm ready to go. Only hesitant because I cannot find a working link to download the existing firmware I am running, in case something goes wrong and I would like to flash it back. Unfortunately the firmware download links on page 101 don't work anymore.

Is any doorbell functionality lost by using the firmware you mention above? Can I still use the Ezviz app? Once the update is complete, what is the new link to the live stream or is it just the snapshot link? Thank you again Pete. I appreciate your time!

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Marty McFly

Make sure you read the FAQ:

Personally here do not utilize the EZViz app.
STREAMING VIDEO TIPS:
rtsp:/<username>:<password>@<IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101/ - Main Stream
rtsp:/<username>:<password>@<IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/102/ - Sub Stream
ex. rtsp:/admin:ABCDEF@192.168.1.101:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

NOTE: "<username>" is admin, "<password>" is the "Verification Code" on the back of your Doorbell (Usually 6 Capital Characters), "<IP Address>" is your Doorbell's IP Address.

(One way to find your Doorbell's "<IP Address>" is by looking up your Doorbell's MAC address in your router.)

⦁ RTSP Streaming for Blue Iris (BI) Add new camera / Find/inspect... (Use ONVIF)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NVR or NAS (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

It has been mentioned the Doorbell has a 3 Stream limit, 4 Streams is too much for it's processor - rafale

SNAP SHOTS:
To Obtain a live JPG Snapshot, enter this URL in your browser (you do not need to add :554 port number with your IP Address)

http://<IP Address>/onvif/snapshot.jpg
ex.
in the above FAQ

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Marty McFly

Make sure you read the FAQ:

Personally here do not utilize the EZViz app.
STREAMING VIDEO TIPS:
rtsp:/<username>:<password>@<IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101/ - Main Stream
rtsp:/<username>:<password>@<IP Address>:554/Streaming/Channels/102/ - Sub Stream
ex. rtsp:/admin:ABCDEF@192.168.1.101:554/Streaming/Channels/101/

NOTE: "<username>" is admin, "<password>" is the "Verification Code" on the back of your Doorbell (Usually 6 Capital Characters), "<IP Address>" is your Doorbell's IP Address.

(One way to find your Doorbell's "<IP Address>" is by looking up your Doorbell's MAC address in your router.)

⦁ RTSP Streaming for Blue Iris (BI) Add new camera / Find/inspect... (Use ONVIF)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for NVR or NAS (Use ONVIF to find Doorbell and setup)
⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

It has been mentioned the Doorbell has a 3 Stream limit, 4 Streams is too much for it's processor - rafale

SNAP SHOTS:
To Obtain a live JPG Snapshot, enter this URL in your browser (you do not need to add :554 port number with your IP Address)

ex.
in the above FAQ
Hi Pete. I have spent so much time on that page I practically have it memorized LOL! Those RTSP streams work fine right now - no need to flash firmware to get them working. I am wondering however if there is a "new" http:// stream enabled after flashing with an ONVIF comaptible firmware so I don't need to use RTSP? That snapshot link would be something "new" as that one doesn't work for me right now. I hope I am making sense. Thanks again for all your time.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well here switched from using RTSP to ONVIF on my Zoneminder box.

It is nice that I can utilize both. It's up to you what you want to use.

I use the jpg snapshot link for my Leviton OmniPro Omnitouch screens as that is all that works with them. (doesn't work with RTSP or ONVIF). Old technology.

jjmuriel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, so I added the Frenck Relay, started an OTHER HARDWARE TO CONSIDER: section under the Software section. I will put other relays here too, just need to go back on the messages and gather any listed.

Thanks for the snapshot info, I went back on the 101 to make it was still there since the move:

To Obtain a live JPG Snap Shot, enter this URL in your browser (you do not need to add :554 port number with your IP Address) - pete_c
ex.

Thanks Chris
Hi,

Can you show a picture with the connection from the video doorbell to the "Frenck" relay, please?

Thank you

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you show a picture with the connection from the video doorbell to the "Frenck" relay, please?

Thank you
So Chris Taylor is who informed my about the relay, I personally do not have/use it. You might reach out to him:

jjmuriel

n3wb
Reaction score
So, instead of monitoring the doorbell's button, monitor the chime and have it signal the home automation that the doorbell was pressed?
Like this: DIY Smart Doorbell for just $2, no soldering required

I just started looking into this. I have the camera feed coming into my home automation fine. Next step was to trigger an event from doorbell ring. What are some of you doing for this?
Hi,

Can you post a picture with the schema to connecting from the HIKVISION DOORBELL 101 to the "Frenck relay", please? I have a 16V AC 10A transfomer with a mechanical chime , but Frenck used a 8 V DC transformer.

Thank you.

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The DC transformer and circuit to ring the chime is autonomous from the smart relay pieces. Thinking too that the Hikvision doorbell works with AC or DC voltage.

You can purchase a single relay ESP board for $1-$2 these days and upload Tasmota firmware to it easy enough. I am powering the wireless smart relay with a 120VAC to 5VDC (phone charger) power supply.

Here is a little project I did to connect the DB PIR to MQTT to a zone on the alarm panel. This is using the same style smart relay and Tasmota firmware and a MQTT python script running on an OpenWRT microrouter.

Hikvision Video Doorbell PIR to OmniPro 2 zone

chow7

n3wb
Reaction score
I flashed by EZVIZ to Hikvision and use the Hik-Connect app. I can no longer get my chime to sound when the doorbell is pressed. This happened before and I had to use the ezviz app since it had a settings to select the chime. Now that hikvision and ezviz are separate logins, I can no longer login to ezviz to change this setting. Is there something else I can try?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I flashed by EZVIZ to Hikvision and use the Hik-Connect app. I can no longer get my chime to sound when the doorbell is pressed. This happened before and I had to use the ezviz app since it had a settings to select the chime. Now that hikvision and ezviz are separate logins, I can no longer login to ezviz to change this setting. Is there something else I can try?
From our 101:

⦁ If your Chime has suddenly stopped working (2020) - TechBill, TechBill - misally

jjmuriel

n3wb
Reaction score
The DC transformer and circuit to ring the chime is autonomous from the smart relay pieces. Thinking too that the Hikvision doorbell works with AC or DC voltage.

You can purchase a single relay ESP board for $1-$2 these days and upload Tasmota firmware to it easy enough. I am powering the wireless smart relay with a 120VAC to 5VDC (phone charger) power supply.

Here is a little project I did to connect the DB PIR to MQTT to a zone on the alarm panel. This is using the same style smart relay and Tasmota firmware and a MQTT python script running on an OpenWRT microrouter.

Hikvision Video Doorbell PIR to OmniPro 2 zone

Thank you @pete_c. Your project is very interesting. I have the same ESP board-relay flashed with Esphome, with the Frenck's code. I'm wondering if the attached schema is correct? I'm worried about the voltage that the GPIO PIN 2 receive. What do you think?

Attachments

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are OK. The voltage for the relay is separate from the powering the WiFi board voltage. IE: you can switch up to 220VAC with the relay and that doesn't cross over to the board at all.

You could also connect a voltage draw sensor to switch device that is documented above. This is just a very sensitive to voltage switch and connect that switch to your WiFi smart relay. You just run the AC power leads through a hoop of sorts which senses the draw on the doorbell wires.

AC Voltage sensor ==> triggers when you ring the doorbell ==> WiFi smart relay

These are very reasonably priced on Amazon. Look for "current sensor relay". You just need to adjust the sensitivity on the current sensor to trigger when someone rings the doorbell.

currentsensor.jpg

The smart relay will talk MQTT. Here the only difference is that I am hard wiring and soft wiring the doorbell switch and I added a debounce board to the mix.

Here wired my stuff where the Chime / doorbell / AC power supply is below the wall where the chime is. That and I wired a 12VDC lead from the alarm panel to that section.

I also purchased a buck 12VDC to 5VDC cable to power up the board. These are sold on Amazon or Ebay for 1-2 dollars. The buck transformer is tiny. I am using these in the automobiles for the cell phones and in the alarm panel for aux stuff.

Afterwards you can also add a PIR ONVIF ==> MQTT plugin so that also triggers a doorbell ring if you want. Here many package deliveries do not ring the doorbell.

The PIR motion and doorbell events are recorded CCTV wise none the less.

Last edited:

jjmuriel

n3wb
Reaction score
You are OK. The voltage for the relay is separate from the powering the WiFi board voltage. IE: you can switch up to 220VAC with the relay and that doesn't cross over to the board at all.

You could also connect a voltage draw sensor to switch device that is documented above. This is just a very sensitive to voltage switch and connect that switch to your WiFi smart relay. You just run the AC power leads through a hoop of sorts which senses the draw on the doorbell wires.

AC Voltage sensor ==> triggers when you ring the doorbell ==> WiFi smart relay

These are very reasonably priced on Amazon. Look for "current sensor relay". You just need to adjust the sensitivity on the current sensor to trigger when someone rings the doorbell.

View attachment 84794

The smart relay will talk MQTT. Here the only difference is that I am hard wiring and soft wiring the doorbell switch and I added a debounce board to the mix.

Here wired my stuff where the Chime / doorbell / AC power supply is below the wall where the chime is. That and I wired a 12VDC lead from the alarm panel to that section.

I also purchased a buck 12VDC to 5VDC cable to power up the board. These are sold on Amazon or Ebay for 1-2 dollars. The buck transformer is tiny. I am using these in the automobiles for the cell phones and in the alarm panel for aux stuff.

Afterwards you can also add a PIR ONVIF ==> MQTT plugin so that also triggers a doorbell ring if you want. Here many package deliveries do not ring the doorbell.

The PIR motion and doorbell events are recorded CCTV wise none the less.
Thank you very much @pete_c , this is great! First, I'll try with this schema, because I have ready the ESP-01S. For me using the PIR is a bad idea, because I live in an apartment building and my neighbor's door is close to my entrance door. Greatings!

Jayal

n3wb
Reaction score
Just received my Hikvision DS-HD1 as an upgrade to my kb6003. But when I try to connect it via hik-connect the device tells me it is connected but the app says it's not. Done it multiple times.

1. Reset DB
  2. Open Hik-Connect and scan QR code
  3. Enter wifi and let it switch to network of DB to let is join my 5ghz wifi
  4. I hear the doorbell saying it is connected to the wifi and password granted
  5. The 90 seconds countdown keep counting till it reaches zero, but it should go further
  6. Hik connect says it failed, but I can see the camera on my network with SADP and I can even view live feed with Batch Configuration
But when I try to access it by the browser I get the following:

Access Error: 404 -- Not Found
Can't locate document: /doc/page/login.asp

Allready updated to latest firmware, but same result. Help me please! Is it defect?
Im not sure there is possible to manage the Doorcam thru web interface?

As per my post 7th of March.
Your description is exactly the same problem I got with the latest firmware on my Hikvision DS-HD1.
I have tried two different routers (and 802.11 2.4 / 5) setups.
I suspect wifi incompatibility causes this?
After the first setup the Wifi on the Doorcam chooses to use WPA1 (and not WPA2) at least in the BCT settings for the Doorcam.
(According to my Wifi settings only WPA2 is allowed).

As per your bullet #6, in my case:
After the voice telling me the configuration is finished successfully I get "Wrong Wi-FI password. Please try again"or "Complicated environment for the Wifi Network..." instead of the continued configuration of the Doorcam settings such as selecting the Chime hardware or not / "Receive call from doorbell" on/off).

/ J