New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be happy to if it was still functioning, it won't power on and LTS is zero help. I'm not sure if it's related but my PIR sensor lens was pushed in to where the lens plastic cracked.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Yeah the lens has been a problem with this camera. We have a few solutions, some have painted their face plate, others have replaced the push button with a different color. I think we all like the Hikvision 2 color faceplate.

So you may want to check out our bricked DB solution...Most all have recovered their DB this way...You don't have to have a solid red light to apply below's fix...

SOLID RED BUTTON LIGHT; = BRICKED!!! (UPDATE: We have a solution to fix bricked DBs, try this by - Skinah or argus) (So Far (as of August 2020) THREE people to date has been able to recover their Doorbell past this point/problem, see usafltg)

RustedIron

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah the lens has been a problem with this camera. We have a few solutions, some have painted their face plate, others have replaced the push button with a different color. I think we all like the Hikvision 2 color faceplate.

So you may want to check out our bricked DB solution...Most all have recovered their DB this way...You don't have to have a solid red light to apply below's fix...

SOLID RED BUTTON LIGHT; = BRICKED!!! (UPDATE: We have a solution to fix bricked DBs, try this by - Skinah or argus) (So Far (as of August 2020) THREE people to date has been able to recover their Doorbell past this point/problem, see usafltg)
I'll give it a shot this evening. I assumed it's dead as the light doesn't turn on when I connect power and the terminals don't spark when I connect the transformer. Thanks!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot this evening. I assumed it's dead as the light doesn't turn on when I connect power and the terminals don't spark when I connect the transformer. Thanks!

Do you have a Volt Meter? I would check if you have voltage at the DB, you may have a blown Transformer...

RustedIron

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a Volt Meter? I would check if you have voltage at the DB, you may have a blown Transformer...
I do.

The transformer is OK, I read 21v at the transformer and across the doorbell terminals, but it wouldn't power on. I tried a new transformer just in case and same result, 27v at the transformer and the terminals at the back of the doorbell.

This is actually my second LTS Doorbell. I bought the 7132 to replace a LTK-6128. The 6128 lens got scratched during exterior work and the center of the image is all blurred. I hooked the 6128 back up until a replacement DB arrives. The 6128 powered on immediately with the same transformer.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do.

The transformer is OK, I read 21v at the transformer and across the doorbell terminals, but it wouldn't power on. I tried a new transformer just in case and same result, 27v at the transformer and the terminals at the back of the doorbell.

This is actually my second LTS Doorbell. I bought the 7132 to replace a LTK-6128. The 6128 lens got scratched during exterior work and the center of the image is all blurred. I hooked the 6128 back up until a replacement DB arrives. The 6128 powered on immediately with the same transformer.

Yep your trans. sounds ok. I think you will like the Hik.

jjmuriel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much @pete_c , this is great! First, I'll try with this schema, because I have ready the ESP-01S. For me using the PIR is a bad idea, because I live in an apartment building and my neighbor's door is close to my entrance door. Greatings!
Hi,

I share my functional scheme for the video doorbell ESP-01S monitor, based on Frenck tutorial: DIY Smart Doorbell for just $2, no soldering required, but using a 16 VAC transformer and without relay. Is this information useful for post 101 or do you find a mistake , @David L ?

ESPHome code:

YAML:
esphome:
  name: doorbell_ha_integration
  platform: ESP8266
  board: esp01_1m

wifi:
  ssid: !secret wifi_ssid
  password: !secret wifi_pass

# Enable fallback hotspot (captive portal) in case wifi connection fails
  ap:
    ssid: "Doorbell Ha Integration"
    password: !secret ap_pass

captive_portal:

# Enable logging
logger:

# Enable Home Assistant API
api:

ota:

# Enable Web server.
web_server:
  port: 80

# Sync time with NTP Local Server.
time:
  - platform: sntp
    id: sntp_time
    servers: 192.168.111.1

# Text sensors with general information.
text_sensor:
  # Expose ESPHome version as sensor.
  - platform: version
    name: Doorbell ESPHome Version 1.0
  # Expose WiFi information as sensors.
  - platform: wifi_info
    ip_address:
      name: Doorbell IP
    ssid:
      name: Doorbell SSID
    bssid:
      name: Doorbell BSSID

# Sensors with general information.
sensor:
  # Uptime sensor.
  - platform: uptime
    name: Doorbell Uptime

# WiFi Signal sensor.
  - platform: wifi_signal
    name: Doorbell WiFi Signal
    update_interval: 60s

# Global to store the on/off state of the chime
globals:
  - id: chime
    type: bool
    restore_value: true
    initial_value: 'true'

# Exposed switches.
switch:
  # Switch to restart the ESP-01S.
  - platform: restart
    name: Doorbell ESP-01S Restart

# Binary sensor representing the
# Doorbell button push.
binary_sensor:
  - platform: gpio
    id: button
    name: Doorbell Button
    pin:
      # Connected to GPIO on the ESP-01S.
      number: GPIO2
      mode: INPUT_PULLUP
      inverted: true
    filters:
      # Small filter, to debounce the button press.
      - delayed_on: 15ms
      - delayed_off: 15ms
Thanks

Attachments

RustedIron

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Hikvision version is a suitable replacement for the LTS version? We're bought into the LTS ecosystem and use the LTS Connect app. I may buy one on Amazon to try it out...

Quoting myself. It seems I cannot setup the Hik DB to the LTS app. I can setup the Hik doorbell to the Hik-Connect app. I had to register a new Hik account, it would not accept my LTS creds. I can also add my LTS NVR to the Hik-Connect app but lost some control functionality. Any ideas on how I can consolidated my mixed vendor install to a single app without losing functionality?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quoting myself. It seems I cannot setup the Hik DB to the LTS app. I can setup the Hik doorbell to the Hik-Connect app. I had to register a new Hik account, it would not accept my LTS creds. I can also add my LTS NVR to the Hik-Connect app but lost some control functionality. Any ideas on how I can consolidated my mixed vendor install to a single app without losing functionality?

You may not be able to register your DB on both Apps. I would remove one in the App.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried the Hik DB in the LTS app only but that did not work. I have both Hik and LTS apps installed but DB only linked to Hik-Connect.

I know awhile back everyone got a message from Hikvision that you had to pick one App. We use to have two Apps, EZVIZ and Hik-Connect connected at the same time. Guarding Vision seemed to work separately...Have you tried the EZVIZ App, I have a LaView DB and have been using it for over a year now. Mainly because LaView stopped supporting/updating the App/DB...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I share my functional scheme for the video doorbell ESP-01S monitor, based on Frenck tutorial: DIY Smart Doorbell for just $2, no soldering required, but using a 16 VAC transformer and without relay. Is this information useful for post 101 or do you find a mistake , @David L ?

ESPHome code:

YAML:
esphome:

wifi:

ap:

captive_portal:

# Enable logging
logger:

api:

ota:

# Enable Web server.
web_server:

time:

text_sensor:
    ip_address:
    ssid:
    bssid:

sensor:
  # Uptime sensor.

# WiFi Signal sensor.

globals:

# Exposed switches.
switch:

# Doorbell button push.
binary_sensor:
    pin:
    filters:
Thanks
Very Nice. I don't code so I will have @pete_c look at it. Looks like a great add to 101...

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,

ESPHome code:

YAML:
esphome:

wifi:

ap:

captive_portal:

# Enable logging
logger:

api:

ota:

# Enable Web server.
web_server:

time:

text_sensor:
    ip_address:
    ssid:
    bssid:

sensor:
  # Uptime sensor.

# WiFi Signal sensor.

globals:

# Exposed switches.
switch:

# Doorbell button push.
binary_sensor:
    pin:
    filters:
Thanks

@jjmuriel

yaml looks good. I do not see any mistakes.

Recently just installed the ESPHome plugin for Home Assistant. Also just installed Tasmota32.bin on a WYZE combo dual outdoor power switch with a lux sensor and bluetooth built in.

That said maybe a sub section in the 101 would work for the Hikvision Doorbell automation integration.

Here for my Hikvision DB integrating it to the Leviton Omni Pro 2 panel, Home Assistant and Homeseer using MQTT.

Not sure how many folks here have integrated their Hikvision DB's to automation.

jjmuriel

n3wb
Reaction score
@jjmuriel

yaml looks good. I do not see any mistakes.

Recently just installed the ESPHome plugin for Home Assistant. Also just installed Tasmota32.bin on a WYZE combo dual outdoor power switch with a lux sensor and bluetooth built in.

That said maybe a sub section in the 101 would work for the Hikvision Doorbell automation integration.

Here for my Hikvision DB integrating it to the Leviton Omni Pro 2 panel, Home Assistant and Homeseer using MQTT.

Not sure how many folks here have integrated their Hikvision DB's to automation.
Thanks @David L and @pete_c . It's a good idea to have a sub-section for Hikvision Doorbell automation/integrations. For now I have an automation in Home Assistant to cast a bell sound to all my Google Home devices, send me a Telegram message with a photo from my front door and, I planning add another action that cast the video from the doorbell to my Chromecast devices.

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks @David L and @pete_c . It's a good idea to have a sub-section for Hikvision Doorbell automation/integrations. For now I have an automation in Home Assistant to cast a bell sound to all my Google Home devices, send me a Telegram message with a photo from my front door and, I planning add another action that cast the video from the doorbell to my Chromecast devices.
I don't poke my head here very often so I must have skept a bunch of posts for the past few months. Just coming back to report that my doorbell has not reset its network at all for over a year. It was a dubious problem I used to have regularly and forcing me to go do some song and dance to reconfigure its wifi. Very happy overall. I am still recording 24/7. The local rtsp stream is forwarded by my QNAP NVR to home assistant which processes the stream to recognize faces and sends me a snapshot on my phone through pushover when I am not home and it sees a face. I have it also unlock my door lock when it recognizes my face and I just broke the geofence coming home. Happy as can be with this doorbell.

Reaction score
Hi,

Nice,thank you for sharing, I'm using a very similar setup but then with a 24v AC relay. But it seems a component like the octocoupler is a much simpler and easier solution.
Would it be possible to combine this with 24 AC as well? Maybe with a different octocoupler or resistor? Any ideas?

jjmuriel

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice,thank you for sharing, I'm using a very similar setup but then with a 24v AC relay. But it seems a component like the optocoupler is a much simpler and easier solution.
Would it be possible to combine this with 24 AC as well? Maybe with a different optocoupler or resistor? Any ideas?
@ip_cam_talker is the same circuit but a different R1 resistor. This is an AC optocoupler. You have to maintain the supported current for the optocoupler's input (see attached data sheet) without exceeding the maximum (50mA is the maximum supported according the data sheet but you must use something much smaller like 6mA). For example, I measured 19 .02 V AC from my 16VAC transformer and did a calculation using the Ohm's law: Voltaje = Current x Resistance (V=I.R) with a voltage (peak) = 19.02 x sqrt(2) =~27. Then R1= V/I , R1=0.006/27 ~= 4500 ohm. So I used a 4.7K Ohm.

In your case, if you measured (with a multimeter) something like 28 V AC you must calculate the peak voltage, multiplying the result by the square root of 2 =~39.5976 and then, applying the equation: R1 = 39.5976/0.006 = 6599. Then, you can use a 6.65 K resistor or something similar.

Attachments

dpw_

n3wb
Reaction score
This should be the step-by-step procedure, based on my experience:

Rich (BB code):
  1. Use camera's vendor app to upgrade to the latest official version of the official firmware
  2. Use Batch Config v3.0.2.6 (not the latest one) to upgrade Firmware (SYSTEM->SYSTEM MAINTENANCE->Remote Upgrade)
  3. Use Batch Config v3.0.2.6 (from main screen) to Reset the config of the cam (check the following screenshot) View attachment 62050
  4. The camera should reboot automatically after this reset, if not, reboot it
  5. Using the PC, connect to the AP of the camera softap_serial#, the wifi password is softap_authcode (seria#: s/n of the cam - authcode: 6 char authcode)
  6. Reboot
  7. Connect to the camera again (like in step #5)
  8. Use Batch Config v3.0.2.6 to change default SSID from softap_serial# to EZVIZ_serial# and the password to EZVIZ_authcode (expected values for EVIZ app, mind the uppercase)
  9. Reboot
  10. Check with the PC the list of available wifi APs:
    1. If you see the softap_serial# AP, it means you didn't change the SSID, so go back to step #8
    2. if you see the EZVIZ_serial# AP, proceed with next step
  11. Start the mobile app (EZVIZ on android playstore or Hik-connect available here: Hikvision App Store) and configure it like a brand new camera
I hope I didn't miss any step, let me know in case I did. This is the procedure I used some days ago, but I just wrote it out of my head now, so it has to be validated by someone who's doing the upgrade now so we can correct it. Please let me know.

NOTE: This is a general procedure for upgrade to another vendor's firmware, I don't know if Laview/Nelly's firmwares have differente AP names, you just need to adapt it to their specific differences but procedure is the same. If someone with Nelly/Laview firmware can tell me what AP they see after the upgrade, we can generalize the procedure.

(tag for @David L for 101 update)
Thanks for this, managed to install the Hikvision firmware onto the ezviz device.
I accidentally pressed 'Active' and had to do a reset of the device to undo this and go back to the 6-character code.
why did I press it? well, unless I did I couldn't see how to access the network config from the top part of the Batch Config Tool. in the end, was able to manually add (click add at the top of the tool, not the bottom) and everything seems to work.

now for trying to figure onvif out...

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To enable ONVIF here just use the check box next to the DB device, refresh then click on the Onvif on the top and follow the prompts...

Martin Paul Sr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've used a few that can connect to Blue Iris and other RTSP clients.

My favorite is this one:
Amcrest AD110
I believe this is a repackaged Dahua DB11.
I like the wide horizontal viewing angle, and the 16:9 image, and the Amcrest version is only $90.
It not only has HTSP, but ONVIF discovery as well

The RCA version initially suggested is the same as these:
Hikvision DS-HD1
EZVIZ DB1
These Hikvison and rebrands feature a PIR sensor, which aims to distinguish live (warm) bodies to cut down on excess triggers from other objects.
I don't like the image size, 3:4, it's taller than it is wide and doesn't fit nicely in a group.
They also don't have ONVIF discovery (they say the removed ONVIF for security reasons), but if you just find the IP on your router or their app, you can stream with the generic URL in Blue Iris.

EZVIZ has another lower-cost choice (also Hikvision, EZVIZ is actually the consumer WiFi brand of Hikvision) without the PIR and the same lack of ONVIF support:
EZVIZ DB1C
This one has a completely round fisheye image in a square frame.
I like everything else from EZVIZ.
They have a great lineup of consumer WiFi cameras, great prices, and if you stick with one brand you can use their one mobile app and Windows software. to work on the cameras directly.
Amcrest has a great lineup of consumer WiFi stuff too, but they are a mix of manufacturers and the RTSP/ONVIF support can be hit-or miss.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've used a few that can connect to Blue Iris and other RTSP clients.

My favorite is this one:
Amcrest AD110
I believe this is a repackaged Dahua DB11.
I like the wide horizontal viewing angle, and the 16:9 image, and the Amcrest version is only $90.
It not only has HTSP, but ONVIF discovery as well

The RCA version initially suggested is the same as these:
Hikvision DS-HD1
EZVIZ DB1
These Hikvison and rebrands feature a PIR sensor, which aims to distinguish live (warm) bodies to cut down on excess triggers from other objects.
I don't like the image size, 3:4, it's taller than it is wide and doesn't fit nicely in a group.
They also don't have ONVIF discovery (they say the removed ONVIF for security reasons), but if you just find the IP on your router or their app, you can stream with the generic URL in Blue Iris.

EZVIZ has another lower-cost choice (also Hikvision, EZVIZ is actually the consumer WiFi brand of Hikvision) without the PIR and the same lack of ONVIF support:
EZVIZ DB1C
This one has a completely round fisheye image in a square frame.
I like everything else from EZVIZ.
They have a great lineup of consumer WiFi cameras, great prices, and if you stick with one brand you can use their one mobile app and Windows software. to work on the cameras directly.
Amcrest has a great lineup of consumer WiFi stuff too, but they are a mix of manufacturers and the RTSP/ONVIF support can be hit-or miss.
Welcome Martin;

If you want to learn more about this DB check out our DOORBELL101 which is almost 2 years of collected data.

Correction; The Hik DS-HD1 Does support ONVIF.

FYI, several hundred of us here enjoy the Fish-Eyed lens with the long vertical view, we are able to see our packages left while other DBs can't. It really depends on your viewing area. As you can see this DB is perfect for our porch where as a wider angled lens would be wasted.

1618416385824.png

Had to look up HTSP :) Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies

No, our DB does not support HTTP but BI sports a nice Web Server...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.