New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Phontana

n3wb
Reaction score
@andycots That would mean that I have to buy another Ezviz product to make another Ezviz product 'work'. They promise that it will work with existing chimes and existing setups, but it does not. I don't want to use the Ezviz chime just because their doorbell set is not working as it should.

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Phontana Fair comments, i do understand your troubles, like with every tech product there is always an aspect that's not quiet there, or some some bit missing, ONVIF or something. Good luck with your search.

Studie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I Just made some adjustments and bought a V30 Endurance card from Sandisk.
Hopefully this sd card lasts longer!
Hey guys, so a few weeks in, my SD Endurance card from Sandisk has failed now. This is the 4th SD card to fail to initialize randomly on my doorbell. Any idea why this might be a problem? Does anyone think it could be something to do with the hardware or the software on the camera?
I would probably like to roll back to my previous firmware but I am having trouble finding it. I am currently on the latest HIK Vision official firwmare. Anyone else have a similar issue like mine where the doorbell would just kill the SD card?

andycots

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Put a Sandisk Ultra in my one, after i tried 3 other good cards it was the only one that would initialise. Seems to me like must have high end super fast and legit cards in it.

Studie

n3wb
Reaction score
Put a Sandisk Ultra in my one, after i tried 3 other good cards it was the only one that would initialise. Seems to me like must have high end super fast and legit cards in it.
I've only ever used genuine SD cards from Sandisk. All 4 have burned out. I can reformat them on the PC but the door camera will no longer initialize after using them for several weeks.

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Regarding my current setup, there is not that much to draw. Just a wireless, battery powered push button which sends a 433 Mhz signal to a battery powered chime. So nothing I can or want to reuse from that setup.

This is what I'm trying to achieve (same setup as @moista as mentioned before):

View attachment 82169

The push button is the DB1, the relay is a Satel 10-13vac relay:

View attachment 82170

I haven't connected a chime yet, but since the relay only switches on or off that doesn't really matter for this test. Problem is that once the IR LEDs turn on, the relay swiches on and doesn't turn off again until I cut the power from the DB1.
Probably not much help to you, I use an Arduino nano with current sensor to monitor the current going to my door bell. I programmed the Arduino so as it sees the current draw increased due to the button being pressed, the Arduino would drive a 30 amp relay to activate my digital door bell which is not officially supported by my door bell.

Not a pretty setup, but it works. Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 Ezviz DB1 systems using exactly the same 16v transformer and chimes.
1 of them setup over a year ago and works fine. The other setup 6 months ago and the chime will ring at random for no reason, sometimes after several days.
I swapped only the doorbell and power kit around and the problem followed these parts.

I suspect the power kit is at fault because the doorbell app doesn't get triggered, only the chime.
Also I opened up the power kit, and the one I suspect to be faulty has some resistors missing (see photos of older and newer powerkit PCB).
I've since sent the doorbell and powerkit back for replacement but it would be interesting to know if anyone else is having a similar problems and could check the powerkit for missing components...
Following on from my post here a while ago. I've recently received a replacement for my suspected faulty DB1 doorbell/power kit.
The replacement is a DB1C which seems to be working ok so far. Looking inside the power kit, it does seem to be slightly different from the last one, although it does seem too have some resistors missing (see attached)

Attachments

Phontana

n3wb
Reaction score
Following on from my post here a while ago. I've recently received a replacement for my suspected faulty DB1 doorbell/power kit.
The replacement is a DB1C which seems to be working ok so far. Looking inside the power kit, it does seem to be slightly different from the last one, although it does seem too have some resistors missing (see attached)
How long do you have the DB1C running now? So no phantom ringing in your setup anymore? Does it also work when the IR LEDs are turned on? Sounds interesting if that one does actually work, maybe they made some small improvements to the power kit to make it work with less resistors?

moista

n3wb
Reaction score
This looks interesting :D
Maybe it is possible, to get a signal from the relay (the big white component on front/top) - for those, who want to experiment with microcontroller-circuits ;)

Im pressing my thumbs for you that the missing resistors are by design (not by mistake) and the chime will not phantom-ring.

a little offtopic: Does anybody know, why they left the PIR-Sensor on the successor-model?

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
How long do you have the DB1C running now? So no phantom ringing in your setup anymore? Does it also work when the IR LEDs are turned on? Sounds interesting if that one does actually work, maybe they made some small improvements to the power kit to make it work with less resistors?
Been on about about a week now with no phantom chime ringing problems. Obviously the LEDs are on during the night.
The DB1C seems to get more false motion alarms compared to the older DB1 with PIR sensor....

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
This looks interesting :D
Maybe it is possible, to get a signal from the relay (the big white component on front/top) - for those, who want to experiment with microcontroller-circuits ;)

Im pressing my thumbs for you that the missing resistors are by design (not by mistake) and the chime will not phantom-ring.

a little offtopic: Does anybody know, why they left the PIR-Sensor on the successor-model?

fredkruger

n3wb
Reaction score
I just use a 12v AC coil relay DPDT in the circuit.
This allows 2 devices to be triggered from the relay contacts.
I use 1 for a chime and 1 for an alarm input trigger.
It would be nice if someone from Ezviz or hikvision read this forum and could explain how the power kit works exactly. It all seems a bit secretive.

Glen Mark

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my doorbell just went offline... and is flashing blue.. and no longer even ringing the chime when pressed (prob 3rd time since new)
Has anyone figured out exactly why this doorbell seems to reset/lose its configuration every so often?

I have the RCA with the EZVIZ firmware -- for me it's about the 5th or 6th time in 2 years or so. Very frustrating, now that I have to fully reset it in order to get back the chime configuration (the whole dance with renaming the ad-hoc network name and all). I'm really getting tired of it.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out exactly why this doorbell seems to reset/lose its configuration every so often?

I have the RCA with the EZVIZ firmware -- for me it's about the 5th or 6th time in 2 years or so. Very frustrating, now that I have to fully reset it in order to get back the chime configuration (the whole dance with renaming the ad-hoc network name and all). I'm really getting tired of it.

haha, im with ya. mine is still flashing blue. since the button press is so damn loud, thats really all i need to hear if someone is at the door. I have 2 other cameras that record the door so its not a huge issue.

I did buy the new db1c but its still in the box. will install this and my new lockly lock one of these days.

Glen Mark

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you use the Export Configuration option in Batch Config, will it save the chime setting, so the next time the thing goes blinking blue, I can just connect ad-hoc to the db2 and Import Configuration and be back in business? Anyone try/using that successfully?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Probably not much help to you, I use an Arduino nano with current sensor to monitor the current going to my door bell. I programmed the Arduino so as it sees the current draw increased due to the button being pressed, the Arduino would drive a 30 amp relay to activate my digital door bell which is not officially supported by my door bell.

Not a pretty setup, but it works. Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR
Do you have the LTS model?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, so a few weeks in, my SD Endurance card from Sandisk has failed now. This is the 4th SD card to fail to initialize randomly on my doorbell. Any idea why this might be a problem? Does anyone think it could be something to do with the hardware or the software on the camera?
I would probably like to roll back to my previous firmware but I am having trouble finding it. I am currently on the latest HIK Vision official firwmare. Anyone else have a similar issue like mine where the doorbell would just kill the SD card?
I have most of the firmwares, which one do you need?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've only ever used genuine SD cards from Sandisk. All 4 have burned out. I can reformat them on the PC but the door camera will no longer initialize after using them for several weeks.
Have you tried to format through Batch Config. Tool?

1614866233256.png

I guess I have been lucky, I have had the same Scandisk since the summer of 2019, I did have a few times I needed to format, it got full, also I found powering off/on (from the breaker) would also fix the Initialize issue but haven't had any problems in a long time...I would do like you and pull the card and format it on a PC.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is an old tip, if you ever wanted files off your SD-Card go here in Batch Config. Tool, put in a date range and check off what you want to download...

1614867085728.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you use the Export Configuration option in Batch Config, will it save the chime setting, so the next time the thing goes blinking blue, I can just connect ad-hoc to the db2 and Import Configuration and be back in business? Anyone try/using that successfully?
I remember reading some things in the past about the config file, not sure if it keeps the chime info. But here is someone to ask (I just did a 'config file' search in this Thread):