New Member in AZ

Azsean

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I just recently joined and I have been very impressed by all of the help that people offer to each other here. I'm currently in the research phase to determine the best route to go with cameras and locations for mounting. I'm a renter so I have some limitations as to modifications but with the wealth of knowledge here on the board, I should be able to come up with something that works!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello!

Powerline networking gear can be really nice for renters who aren't allowed to run cable through walls: Amazon.com: powerline network

Wireless is also an option but you should be aware that most WiFi networks suffer greatly under the load of IP cameras (especially when one or more of them has a poor signal).

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Azsean

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey BP!! Thanks for the tip. I currently have two Foscam 9805P's running without issue. My experience is limited but to me the picture is great and they work nice with BI. After reading through the forum quite extensively, I see they aren't well liked in the community. Since I don't really want to deal with issues of reliability down the road, I'll be returning them and likely picking up some Hikvision wireless to start especially since I can connect them 3 different ways, wifi, power line, and Ethernet. Thanks again for the input and if anyone could point me in the direction to read up on proper placement and examples of different installs, it would be appreciated!