New camera not accepting NVR password

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I got bought a new DS-2CD2347G2-LU turrent camera for my property. I already have the Hikvision NVR DS-7616N1-I2 and a number of older turrent cameras. The new camera was plugged into the NVR and in default plug and play mode, the camera connects and I can see the images. However I want to play around with some of the advanced settings so I tried to login into the camera direct. I got the IP address of the camera (via SADP) and got to login page. However the weird thing is that the camera web page will not accept my NVR admin password nor default 12345 password. So what password should it be? I can access all the other turrents fine but not this one for some reason. If it helps I can see on SADP it's using firmware v5.5.111

Is there another default password I should be using or should I reset the password via the SADP/Export function? Seems weird as this is a brand new camera.

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Dumb question for which apologies -
Did you enable the option in the NVR to use a camera-specific admin password as opposed to the NVR password when the camera was connected and activated under Plug&Play?
i’m not aware of this option, I’ll have to check. Where would you find this?

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Found on the NVR it has Default IP Camera Management set to a password. I can't recall what it was but the ones I know don't work. I have since retyped a new password and eventually was able to login, so I assume the NVR eventually override it when I applied a new default ip camera password. So all good now.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Found on the NVR it has Default IP Camera Management set to a password. I can't recall what it was but the ones I know don't work. I have since retyped a new password and eventually was able to login, so I assume the NVR eventually override it when I applied a new default ip camera password. So all good now.
That's good.
Interesting that the NVR must have used the unknown camera-specific password to then apply the new password.
Did you check if it had also changed the password for the other cameras?

tone308

n3wb
Reaction score
Good to hear . That NVR also has show ip camera password . you can just the box and enter the nvr password and it will show all ip camera passwords. For future reference.

hugoti

n3wb
Reaction score
Good to hear . That NVR also has show ip camera password . you can just the box and enter the nvr password and it will show all ip camera passwords. For future reference.
Thanks Tone308. I recall this when I had the older version of the NVR. However I now have Hikvision NVR 4.0. It looks like they've removed this option unless it's moved somewhere else? Do you know if the Hikvision NVR v4.0 offers the show camera password option?