New 5208 NVR not playing back videos

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
starting a new thread for the cameras not connecting

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i never made it that far, i can't get my cameras online, every time i reboot they go on/offline, i'm getting sick of this crap.

grrr.png

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
one you hooked up direct, were you able to playback video ?
changed laptop to static, hooked directly up to nvr, got a login page but it said invalid password for some reason, then when i refreshed, i didn't get the login page anymore. when i pinged it, it responded, after i refreshed my browser the ping didn't work anymore.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Check your laptop "static" on your regular network, make sure you can access the internet and other network resources, try your nvr that way also, see what you get.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok, i set the IP to a weird address, it took it and everything worked on the network, i plugged it direct into the nvr and was able to log in. I clicked playback, settings, ivs, etc and i still cannot view any live video for some reason. even the camera doesnt display crap.

play1.pngplay2.pngplay3.pngplay4.pngplay5.png

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
It is recommended to enable substream for better viewing, did you see that? I do not remember but are you recording the substream? What are the specs on the laptop

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
This tells you that your network is OK, SmartPss works direct? Its got to be a corrupted plugin on your windows PC or Corrupted Image on the NVR.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah i saw that, it doesnt always display that. i have all subs disabled. this nvr should be able to handle 320Mbps. i have (4) 2mp cans and (1) 4mp cam. only 5 cams on an 8 port nvr. network is all gigabit+, cat6 ethernet. laptop is a late model alienware i7 monster with a gtx1070 video card. where are the display options as far as what it shows you on playback? the format looks weird as hell, like a stretched widescreen. somethings not right. i even tried a different browser, only the Z12E is at 30fps, others are 15 and around 6k bit rate. i shoudl be able to run these cams at max fps and bitrate and still have headroom.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree, I know you did not find that webrec folder we talked about earlier but for fun, do a windows search of you os drive for it.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no plugins with nvr 4.0, and yeah i just opened smartPSS and clicked playback and selected the Z12E camera and the bottom bar lit up with 24/7 recordings and IVS motion, when i click anywhere on the bar it's almost instant playback. when i go thru the nvr or camera gui i can't play back or get any live feeds to adjust tripwire, set motion area, etc.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just searched for the folder in my entire pc and nada.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
well you have it nailed down now,at this point all you could do is try or borrow another laptop to confirm if its your laptop or if you got corrupted image on your NVR, until that happens, you will not know what the culprit is. You could try to lower your video settins on the PC and see what happens

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah i'm in the camera menus now, sucks because it's a 320mbps nvr and i'm only running 5 cams, if i can't run these cams at 15fps @ 1080 then whats the point? this whole trip to IP camera land has been a hot mess and i dont wish this on anyone.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
In your NVR setup, go to system-----> display..what is that set at?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
there is no system --> display, it's under a different screen:

display.png

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
click main screen also first edit---not yet

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i'll try it... i turned on HLC and now it's like 1 fps, blurry, ghosting on the image, just not sure why these cameras aren't working, scratch that, the nvr isnt working properly. when i bought afew cams, i didnt have an nvr, they were wired direct to my switch and recorded to an sd card and everything worked fine, when i introduced the nvr all hell broke loose.