New 5208 NVR not playing back videos

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Quick update. NVR working with Live View etc no problem and all 5 cams configured and working as expected. Now go play and enjoy @funkybunch and you know how to reach me in a few days should I need to dial in image for you a little more etc and can move on with securing and upgrading that network :)

You are good to go !

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Initial config needed tweaking, not using IE (critical to NVR 4.0) cam settings, plugins not installed. 3 cams already up and running now. Working on remaining cams now
Are you saying that Not using IE was the issue? and are there any plugins on 4.0 ? I Do not have one to mess with here.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
No, IE for browser use was one piece, initial config another, ensuring networking in line then cam config. Plugins were also not installed and should be, downloaded from cam when first connecting. On the IE front when using the Dahua NVR 4.0 FW you must ensure you connect to it (if using browser) via IE. As I mentioned in my review of the 5216, failure to do that (using Firefox, Chrome etc) will lead to functions not working correctly and I some cases features or buttons not existing. You put all of these pieces together that I mention above and that allowed resolution of Funky’s issues.

Also remember that while the NVR doesn’t need plugins directly when using IE, the cams always do when attaching via cam web GUI, if these aren’t present you won’t get live view, playback etc through cam web GUI.

Network reconfigurations and firewall rules needed next.

Are you saying that Not using IE was the issue? and are there any plugins on 4.0 ? I Do not have one to mess with here.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
No, IE for browser use was one piece, initial config another, ensuring networking in line then cam config. Plugins were also not installed and should be, downloaded from cam when first connecting. On the IE front when using the Dahua NVR 4.0 FW you must ensure you connect to it (if using browser) via IE. As I mentioned in my review of the 5216, failure to do that (using Firefox, Chrome etc) will lead to functions not working correctly and I some cases features or buttons not existing. You put all of these pieces together that I mention above and that allowed resolution of Funky’s issues.

Also remember that while the NVR doesn’t need plugins directly when using IE, the cams always do when attaching via cam web GUI, if these aren’t present you won’t get live view, playback etc through cam web GUI.

Network reconfigurations and firewall rules needed next.
Ok Great, Do The plugins reside in the webrec folder ? I had worked with him to get his cams running and he was able to view everything through SmartPss, but as noted he could not view through the web Gui, I assume he let you remote in ? Very nice of you to spend the time to do that.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
No remote. All over text, always a good challenge :) Plugins pulldown into Prg Files on Windows. Happy to help where I can. Glad we all get another member up and running and enjoying their system :)

Also dialing in each cam to ensure optimal caps, IVS trigger assistance and LPR. Certainly more tweaks needed once running for a few days. Funky also now has some cams on the wishlist to help improve some areas and like I said firewall config even potential for separate VLAN setup in the near future to get this locked down nicely.

Ok Great, Do The plugins reside in the webrec folder ? I had worked with him to get his cams running and he was able to view everything through SmartPss, but as noted he could not view through the web Gui, I assume he let you remote in ? Very nice of you to spend the time to do that.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
No remote. All over text :) Plugins pulldown into Prg Files on Windows. Happy to help where I can. Glad we all get another member up and running and enjoying their system :)

Also dialing in each cam to ensure optimal caps, IVS trigger assistance and LPR. Certainly more tweaks needed once running for a few days. Funky also now has some cams on the wishlist to help improve some areas and like I said firewall config even potential for separate VLAN setup in the near future to get this locked down nicely.
Very good, as he noted, these are not plug and play :lol:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Exactly but take the time to set the system and cams right and you have a powerful solution that as we all know, you can add to and build out over time. Right cams for the install location and config to ensure you’re dialed in right giving a nice usable image day and night. Then just need the budget :)

Very good, as he noted, these are not plug and play :lol:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Another quick tip, as you upgrade NVR 4.0 FW should you see a blank NVR GUI when attempting to hit the IP address associated, clear cache and cookies. NVR 4.0 likes to hang itself up sometimes between upgrades, the physical NVR itself is fine, no issues but the web GUI like to keep people guessing :)