netcat ptz2084 help please

Reaction score
(I had this in the wrong place so I copied/pasted it for a new thread)
Please help me connect my camera. My modem is 192.168.0.1, so I have a netgear router that's 192.168.1.1 and I hooked in to it....but I can not communicate with it. It powers up, night vision works.... I have no idea what I am doing and will appreciate some step by step (baby step) guidance. I almost think the ethernet cable or socket on the cam is not working because device manager doesn't see it but I am not plugging into my pc(dell all in one w/integrated webcam -which I can see on some of the software I have tried). First, please tell me how to check the plug/cable. I can unplug something that for sure works and try with a "known to be good" cable on the Netgear router or whatever is suggested--I am stuck:
NETCAT PT PTZ2084
1080P IR SPEED DOME PTZ IP CAMERA
Resolution: 1080P(1920*1080)
INPUT: RJ45
SPEED: HIGH
power: DCV lens: 20X ZOOM
user: admin PW: admin
IP ADD 192.168.1.100
thanks,
michelle
bkla since 2014
Humility is when the teacher learns from the student without feeling humiliated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As a simple connectivity test, at a command prompt, try pinging the camera at the IP address you believe it is using:

ping 192.168.1.100
Also, ping the address of your router to check you are using the same IP address range
ping 192.168.1.1
And check the IP address the PC is using with the command
ipconfig /all

Assuming that the PC has a cable connection, not using WiFi.

Reaction score
Ipconfig is 192.168.0.1; technicolor modem
No response on ping for 192.168.1.100, except one time a response from 2 packets came from 192.168.0.3 when I pinged 192.168.1.100, other 2 packets either no response or they were unreachable or they timed out
So I changed my modem to 192.168.1.1 to match up
And stillget no response on ping for the camera at 192.168.1.100
Also the cam started spinning and would not stop.
I contacted a seller and he was gracious enough to give me the correct software.
CMS finally found a cam (it said) but the address was wrong so when I changed it to add it - CMS can't find it.
Sorry to jump ahead and whatever you suggest I will do then again even if I have already done them. One never knows.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ipconfig is 192.168.0.1; technicolor modem
No response on ping for 192.168.1.100
Your PC is on a different network segment than the camera, so they won't be able to communicate by browser or by ping.
So I changed my modem to 192.168.1.1 to match up
You don't need to cjhange the modem - in fact best not to - just change the PC IP address, temporarily, to a range that matches what you believe the camera is in, for example if the camera is 192.168.1.100 then if the PC was changed to, for example, 192.168.1.120 then they should communicate.
CMS finally found a cam (it said) but the address was wrong
What address did it find the camera on?

Reaction score
How do I change the computer address?
And I will run it again but I believe it was 10.0.0.1 and it also said it found another brand cam that began with a "D". Sorry I don't remember the details.. it still didn't locate it on "add" just on search.
---thanks for helping me ~^~

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Success!! Thanks - now I have to find out how to get back on line-- it took out my internet, lol. Still very ha
Are you saying you managed to access the camera web GUI and change it's IP address to one that is in the segment that your network uses?
That was the original purpose of gaining access, when it's default address is on a different segment.

To put the PC back the way it was - do the same steps as before, to get to the network settings, then put them back as they were.
Very likely it was 'Obtain address automatically' for both the IP address and the Gateway and DNS address.

After you've done that - and assuming you changed the camera IP address suitably - you should be able to access the camera normally, with no further changes.