Need Help determining what this could be caused by ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So, I been noticing lately some of my cameras are experiencing like skipped frames or what ever this affect is called. I am sorry but have no idea what this exactly is.. I am guessing skipping frames .. Should I try to turn the bitrate down up ? Different codec ?

I am using Intel hardware accelerator default. This is happening to some of the cams. I think cams are doing h265 and direct to disc recording on Blue iris off course. Just don't even know what this is called or is..

JDfromDB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get the same thing using Intel Hardware acceleration with H.265, but it's much worse. I have a much older CPU i7-6770. Does it go away if you turn hardware acceleration off?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I get the same thing using Intel Hardware acceleration with H.265, but it's much worse. I have a much older CPU i7-6770. Does it go away if you turn hardware acceleration off?
I think I have with another camera With Intel Hardware even off...

Interesting I am on i7 9700 Do you know if h264 has any better luck than ?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I do have a Nvidia Card in the PC as well. I am going to use NVIDIA accelerator and see how it behaves .. let you know how that works out..

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
probably not the cause of stream delays, but I love the cat following them!

what cam is that? resolution? bit rate setting? etc...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
and what does your BI status / cameras page look like?

i would try lowering the FPS on that cam to see if it improves. 15fps should be plenty... it could be the camera itself can't keep up with the stream at that rate... just cuz the cam CAN do 25fps @ 8mp doesn't mean it can do so reliably.

ie,. it may not not a BI issue...

ajwitt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a camera that does that on H265 so I run it H264 and now no problems. Like someone said, just because a camera is "capable" doesn't mean it actually can. How many truly meet their IR rating LOL.

And try matching frame rate with FPS

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
and what does your BI status / cameras page look like?

i would try lowering the FPS on that cam to see if it improves. 15fps should be plenty... it could be the camera itself can't keep up with the stream at that rate... just cuz the cam CAN do 25fps @ 8mp doesn't mean it can do so reliably.

ie,. it may not not a BI issue...
I believe camera is good in this case as camera also has a micro sd card where it dumps the ivs events to and this was one of those and the footage which is on the camera Micro SD is completely fine...

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
The highlighted portion is something i changed after the fact.. To try if that help anything.. however now for decoding I am using Nvidia..

1610163658492.png

Will know soon if this helps or not..

1610163689510.png

If Nvidia does not help may try to lower the FPS.. next or something.. Again keep in mind it is happening to some other cams too..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Update - So This one cam now has been running on NVIDIA for hardware decode. I can definately say the issue is no longer present now.

Now the question is why is this an issue to begin with for HA under Intel.

Here is my Driver Version.

1610230576713.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
It does not get too loud I think its more amplified here since the microphone is at pretty high sensitivity plus it sits right underneath the PTZ...

Now wonder if PTZ can be programmed to come back to its preset at a lower speed ..

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you actually been outside and heard this while returning home from a preset it might surprise you at what these larger PTZ's noise makes.