Motion Detection, Notifications & Multiple Cameras

philkiel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've setup my Hik Vision system with 4 HD cameras and a DVR recorder. I've successfully setup the Motion Tracking, Notifications and push to Surveillance Centre for the main camera, however I cannot get this to work for my other 3 cameras at all.

I can provide more info on the system if needed. The setup for the 1st camera was very straight forward and I've copied that setup over to the other 3 cameras, however they won't track motion or push notifications to my app.

Thanks

Phil

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
where have you set up the motion detect? on the camera or the NVR

philkiel

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not a complete pro but I set it up using the NVR but within the Camera settings for each camera.

If that makes sense.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can provide more info on the system if needed. The setup for the 1st camera was very straight forward and I've copied that setup over to the other 3 cameras, however they won't track motion or push notifications to my app.
Are the cameras connected to NVR PoE ports?
If so, with default network settings they will not be able to communicate outside the NVR PoE ports separate network.
So a comparison of the network configuration of the working camera and the other 3 may be useful.
This needs to be done directly via the camera web GUI, so you'd need to use the NVR 'Virtual Host' facility to access that.

philkiel

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I'll check the network setting for the 4 cameras later and get back. Thanks!

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not a complete pro but I set it up using the NVR but within the Camera settings for each camera.

If that makes sense.
Yes, to check, on the nvr look at the settings for MD on the cameras, then log into the web interface on each camera directly and see what MD settings are there

philkiel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi after a few days scratching my head I've realised, my cameras aren't poe IP cams, they're HD cams. If that makes sense?

I'm logged into the HIKVISION web interface but can't see the Virtual Host checkbox either!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
my cameras aren't poe IP cams, they're HD cams.
If that makes sense?
I set it up using the NVR but within the Camera settings for each camera.
Sorry, that's not clear in the context that you have been able to configure the cameras, presumably in the intended network location.
Do you mean that the cameras cannot be powered over the ethernet cable?

philkiel

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry if my knowledge isn't 100%. I think the cameras are HD cams, Not Network cameras.

I've setup the motion detection on the box, not individually on the cameras.

Thanks

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you are confusing the hell out of me. What do you mean by HD? High Definition
Post the details of your kit, model numbers etc, then we can figure out what you mean.
If the cameras have an ethernet cable going to them, then it is a good bet they are IP cameras