LPR Success - Police report from plate to find someone littering outside my house

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I didn't know that OpenALPR can send plate alerts.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Why do they stop at that specific spot to dump trash? Is that a hangout or something? It just seems odd they take the time to dump litter and the same spot over and over.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
There is apartment complexes down the street, and this is the point where it becomes houses

They don't want to sit outside the dumpy apartments, they would rather sit outside nice looking houses and then that area into a dump instead

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So did the police do anything when they took your report and info and these people are drunk enough to do it again or were the police just being nice and taking your information but not doing anything about it.

My police won't do anything for the "cheap" stuff, so they don't even bother acting like they will take your information. Not acting on it or doing nothing at the end of the day is the same result...

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure, they never gave me that info. I have a feeling they tried to go and talk to them but they were never home, and that was the end of that

Today a sergeant came out, and he did seem to care. So fingers crossed

I'm still trying to track down the guys address and workplace, so I can solve the issue myself

Reaction score
Oh I won't do anything to crazy, I'll just have a nice chat with his manager, and make sure the litter ends up back on his car
But that could be considered crazy in this day and age. If his manager fires him or even just mentions it to him, he could get very vindictive, especially if he has been drinking. Be careful.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These guys show up at 12:30, sit for 2 hours and then dispose of their trash in the street

That video is not very clear, but my LPR camera is!

View attachment 77803

The police showed up to take my report

View attachment 77804

They took the plate and looked up the guys name and address, and the cop is going to pay him a visit at home and talk to him

But, it gets better!

In the trash was the jokers clock out slip! Same name as the license plate registration. I gave it to the cop later on when I found it, and he says he's going to try catch him at work if he can

View attachment 77805

Very happy.
Hello,

What is the software you are using to read and display the no. plate please ?.

Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Night-Owl - it is OpenALPR, and some are using Plate Recognizer.

Keep in mind that you need a dedicated camera set-up to be able to read plates...I cannot remember on your other thread if you mention knowing that.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Night-Owl - it is OpenALPR, and some are using Plate Recognizer.

Keep in mind that you need a dedicated camera set-up to be able to read plates...I cannot remember on your other thread if you mention knowing that.
Thank you wittaj, I only have a couple of HFW5442E-Z4E and a pending NVR5216-16P-4KS2E to be ordered. I was hoping it was something viable via these. As both mention ANPR. I don't actually need this feature, just thought it would look nice etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Z4E does not have ANPR capability, but the NVR does. Both need ANPR capability for it to work. But with ANPR capability, then you don't need a 3rd party solution like OpenALPR....(well many here that have ANPR capable systems say that the 3rd party apps are more accurate).

The Z4E is certainly capable of being configured to then use a 3rd party like OpenALPR or Plate Recognizer and many here use that camera for LPR purposes, but then at night all it does is plate reading due to the fast shutter needed. If you can get the right angle to I think it was around 60 feet or so (might be a little more), then it certainly is possible.