LPR Success - Police report from plate to find someone littering outside my house

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
These guys show up at 12:30, sit for 2 hours and then dispose of their trash in the street

That video is not very clear, but my LPR camera is!

2020-12-26 09_48_05-Window.png

The police showed up to take my report

Front - Left 2020-12-26 10.06.25.202 AM.jpg

They took the plate and looked up the guys name and address, and the cop is going to pay him a visit at home and talk to him

But, it gets better!

In the trash was the jokers clock out slip! Same name as the license plate registration. I gave it to the cop later on when I found it, and he says he's going to try catch him at work if he can

2020-12-26 10.40.02.JPG

Very happy.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah its sealed up with some clear silicone caulk, but there is only actually like a foot of it. It ends in the ground, just so I don't wreck the cable with the trimmer

Its direct burial cable

On the camera side its not sealed, so that if water makes its way into the box, it has somewhere to go

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These guys show up at 12:30, sit for 2 hours and then dispose of their trash in the street
Out of curiosity were you up and about and noticed this or did you find the rubbish out front and go back to the cams?

Great capture. What cam have you got doing the colour shot in the video?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice job I have my LPR tree cams painted flat black and they blend right in no one ever notices until I point out
I had a long chat with the cop that came out, and he said even with it being white he never noticed it. I guess people really aren't on the lookout for cameras on trees

Out of curiosity were you up and about and noticed this or did you find the rubbish out front and go back to the cams?

Great capture. What cam have you got doing the colour shot in the video?
I noticed the trash in the morning and went back, if I was up and about I would have confronted them

The other cameras are just HDW2231R-ZS's set to day mode, no IR. Since I have some lights in the soffit, it gives just enough light when I crank everything up. Quality isn't the best, but these are just to see what's going on out there

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The other cameras are just HDW2231R-ZS's
Nice. I'm considering installing a couple of extra wide angle 5442 Turrets for colour overview

Gotta defend the criminals I guess.
Which Karen reported that?

You are lucky they even came out.
I think that depends on the crime rate where you live, the morale resources and funding of your local police, and, sadly, who you are.

@IReallyLikePizza2 is clearly a mover and shaker in the Houston community.

At the risk of starting a brawl I think we have to address the elephant in the room and ask @IReallyLikePizza2 the question. Which variety of Pizza?

Hey, Arlo was arrested for litterin'...and creatin' a nuisance! Got him out of the draft back in 1965.
Yeah but he did it in a red VW microbus with the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, and it was a typical case of American blind justice and the Judge wasn't going to look at the CCTV.

Reaction score
After posting this on Nextdoor, pretty funny. Gotta defend the criminals I guess.
Nextdoor used to have a section called Crime and Safety. That was where we would post video and pics of perps doing bad things in the neighborhood. Several months ago, about the time of the Floyd riots, they changed it to 'Safety' and dropped the 'Crime' part. I sent a message to them asking about it and they never responded. About a week later they stopped the local police agencies from posting mug shots.

They are based in San Francisco, so I guess they are 'woke'.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice. I'm considering installing a couple of extra wide angle 5442 Turrets for colour overview

Which Karen reported that?

I think that depends on the crime rate where you live, the morale resources and funding of your local police, and, sadly, who you are.

@IReallyLikePizza2 is clearly a mover and shaker in the Houston community.

At the risk of starting a brawl I think we have to address the elephant in the room and ask @IReallyLikePizza2 the question. Which variety of Pizza?

Yeah but he did it in a red VW microbus with the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, and it was a typical case of American blind justice and the Judge wasn't going to look at the CCTV.
I would HIGHLY recommend you instead get some varifocal cams, then you can zoom in and out to get the best framing with the best detail, I'm super happy with mine

Funilly enough, the police will show up for this within 10 mins, but when there was a shooting on the street, they never even believed it happened (and yes, I have it on video, and yes this is a bad area)

The ONLY Pizza for me is Costco Pepperoni, its hands down the best pizza. And at $10 you can't go wrong

Nextdoor used to have a section called Crime and Safety. That was where we would post video and pics of perps doing bad things in the neighborhood. Several months ago, about the time of the Floyd riots, they changed it to 'Safety' and dropped the 'Crime' part. I sent a message to them asking about it and they never responded. About a week later they stopped the local police agencies from posting mug shots.

They are based in San Francisco, so I guess they are 'woke'.
I remember they made a big fuss about people using race to describe people. Not sure how you can get a good ID of someone to report without a race, but whatever

Maybe I'll start my own Nextdoor

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would HIGHLY recommend you instead get some varifocal cams, then you can zoom in and out to get the best framing with the best detail, I'm super happy with mine
Detail I have, it's just all in Black and White at night. Looking to add some detail re colour of clothing etc, In a semi perfect world I would just double up all of my cameras and have a colour and a black and white with the same field of view. In a perfect world I would have 32 of these:

Can't see the minister for war and finance being please with either the costs or aesthetics though