LPR Setup SUCCESS with HFW5241E-Z12E

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Not too sure what's up today, I moved the camera to the right about 6 inches, so I've been playing with the zoom and positioning and picture settings, but now on motion I'm getting a lot of graining, not sure what's causing it

1608854858752.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check your settings. Sometimes these cameras get a little wonky on a power outage or reboot. I have one camera that resets bitrate and another adds gain. I suspect you have a setting that got off - looks like maybe gain and bitrate in this picture.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I need to move the camera to the right some more, I'm actually grabbing the plate from another 20-30 feet by the looks of it, and I think I need to actually zoom out a touch so the plate spends longer on the screen

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the same cam for LPR. settings are a little different and I’m using 1/2000.

What version firmware are you running ?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Are your pictures better or worse than mine? I actually got a few that looked great, I think people with really dirty plates just don't show up well

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are your pictures better or worse than mine? I actually got a few that looked great, I think people with really dirty plates just don't show up well
Sorry I guess it’s the eggnog. But I’m actually running an IPC-HFW5831E-Z5E

My images are about the same but I am much farther away from the target and my zoom is maxed out. I’ll attach some examples

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As you’ve noted - paper plates and old rusty plates are much more difficult to capture which is why I have brightness a little high. Also I can’t do anything about people not having front plates. Smh.

Attachments

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Second camera facing the other way. Also the newer 1/1.8" sensor 5442 bullets will read a non reflective plate at night if set right.
obviously buying and mounting another camera is a solution. I think you missed the point. And this camera has a 1/2.5 sensor which isn’t far off from that. I can still pickup paper plates but without the beautiful clarity of reflective