LPR motion question.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you show a clean capture in B/W and a non capture in color and decided to run color?

I can tell from your color image you do not have enough light to run color. The only plates you will get are vehicles where the plate light works. No plate light will equal no plate.

And you gain nothing from running color based on that image except confirming taillights are red and headlights are shades of white lol.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok thanks going back to b/w I appreciate the input as I am trial by error

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok new question when my camera detects a motion detection the screen blinks like it is taking a picture , thats when the car is passing thru and I miss most off the video. is there a setting to stop the screen from blinking or do I just need to turn off motion detect and search manually thru my other cameras for motion. I did not find any setting in pss or ip cam that allowed me to fix the issue. I messed with both sensitivity and threshold and no change

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a video sample so we can see what you mean. You are describing what sounds like headlight washout that can be knocked out with HLC.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
In Blue Iris we can configure how many seconds of prerecord to parse together with a the motion event. and also we can configure the trigger to go off in incremements of .1/sec ( like 1.0/ .9/ .8/ etc.)

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
sorry for the poor video but you can see motion in the upper right and the screen flashes like a camera shutter at the beginning of motion and again at the end of the motion

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok so I disables and un checked all setting in motion detect and started new. this solved my problem. I probably checked a box that did not need to be checked

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
well back to square one screen still flash like a camera shutter when detecting motion and flash again approx 15 sec later when no motion detected

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you running smart codec? Run just H264 and make sure FPS and iframes match.

What is the i number and CPU version you are running? What is the CPU%

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have tried it on both a MAC and a windows and at th nvr monitor all give a blintkmotion detect activation

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What model NVR and how many cameras and resolutions are on it. I am wondering if you are maxing out a parameter on the NVR.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hello I am running a dahua 5216 16p 4ks from Andy with only 5 cameras. 4 dome starlet and a new Lpr

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That should be capable. Maybe try dropping FPS to 15.