Latest New NVR5xxx-4KS2 General_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000006.1.R.210709

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.4.R.220608

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UPDATE: 4/20/22
Some people have reported being unable to revert back to an older firmware after installing the DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.2.R.220120.bin firmware. I actually reverted back to several older firmware's today without any issues whatsoever. Of course I always backup/save my configuration and default the NVR back to factory defaults before attempting any updates. This method is the best way to avoid failed updates or bricking the unit.
I had upgraded the firmware of my NVR5216-4ks2 from 4.001.0000007.1 dated 210827 to 4.002.0000000.5 dated 220729. After that upgrade a feature causes a problem with my NVR (about 2 1/2 years old, latest version) and I do need to roll back. I have installed TFTP-server (several programs available...) on my Win 10 pro, a terminal emulator PuTTY, and have added a RS-232-port (USB to RS-232, alternatively I could use an internal PCIE-card with null-modem-cable). Could you perhaps let me know how in very much details, step by step, you succeeded to DOWNGRADE? The upgraded NVR - besides the single (unfortunately for me important issue) - works fine here.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
UPDATE: 4/20/22
Some people have reported being unable to revert back to an older firmware after installing the DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.2.R.220120.bin firmware. I actually reverted back to several older firmware's today without any issues whatsoever. Of course I always backup/save my configuration and default the NVR back to factory defaults before attempting any updates. This method is the best way to avoid failed updates or bricking the unit.
How did you downgrade the firmware?

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The V4.002.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 29-07-2022 FW doesn't allow for adding an RTSP stream which i think is unacceptable. Please be so kind to contact Dahua and advise them to insert the RTSP camera add option, @EMPIRETECANDY .

TIA

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we have seen manufacturers remove worse than that with a firmware update. That is why we often preach don't update unless you know it is fixing something that is broke or you know it won't break something that you have working. If the release notes are blank or just "various bug fixes" it is usually best to skip the update.

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately, we have seen manufacturers remove worse than that with a firmware update. That is why we often preach don't update unless you know it is fixing something that is broke or you know it won't break something that you have working. If the release notes are blank or just "various bug fixes" it is usually best to skip the update.
I know now :(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know now :(
Yep, we have all learned the hard way!

I was bored last week and even though I say don't fix what ain't broke often, I thought hey let me update a perfectly working camera to add 2D and 3D noise reduction and totally effed up the camera. Lost the ability to set FPS and encode and bitrate and couldn't factory reset from the GUI. Fortunately I was able to figure out the API to factory reset and had the previous firmware already (one of the reasons why I figured it was ok to try because I could revert back since I had the previous firmware), but it took awhile to get it back.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How did you downgrade the firmware?
Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this. I just downgraded normally from the NVR itself. Same way as if I was updating.

But I have not tried downgrading from the versions you referenced. On another note, I always factory default before I do any update or downgrade.

Last edited:

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this. I just downgraded normally from the NVR itself. Same way as if I was updating.

But I have not tried downgrading from the versions you referenced. On another note, I always factory default before I do any update or downgrade.
I am on DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.5.R.220729.bin and I cannot downgrade at all :(
I tried downgrading to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.2.R.220120.bin and to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322.bin because I have the problem that names of the cameras cannot be changed :(
It starts downgrading and after around 10 seconds, it says "Upgrade failed" and then the NVR reboots.

Any one got around this?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I am on DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.5.R.220729.bin and I cannot downgrade at all :(
I tried downgrading to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.2.R.220120.bin and to DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322.bin because I have the problem that names of the cameras cannot be changed :(
It starts downgrading and after around 10 seconds, it says "Upgrade failed" and then the NVR reboots.

Any one got around this?
Where did you tried to change the name of the camera? On newer version NVR now have it own naming edit boxes for every camera .

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where did you tried to change the name of the camera? On newer version NVR now have it own naming edit boxes for every camera .
Where is the “name edit” box you are referring to located?

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That has always been there since the inception of version 4. I thought you were talking about something else.

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried to change it on the NVR, and on the webgui of the camera (and on the webgui of the camera using internet explorer with the activeX component enabled, someone said it could make a difference).
Nothing works. I get daily confronted with all of them having the same name (IPC) , in stead of the camera names.. It is very annoying. Especially when you have 18 cameras.... :/
Any work around would really make me happy!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried to change it on the NVR, and on the webgui of the camera (and on the webgui of the camera using internet explorer with the activeX component enabled, someone said it could make a difference).
Nothing works. I get daily confronted with all of them having the same name (IPC) , in stead of the camera names.. It is very annoying. Especially when you have 18 cameras.... :/
Any work around would really make me happy!
Sorry it not working for you. I use Chrome browser to make any changes on both the old and new Web GUI.

What happens when you apply the camera name change on NVR? error message pop up?

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry it not working for you. I use Chrome browser to make any changes on both the old and new Web GUI.

What happens when you apply the camera name change on NVR? error message pop up?
No errors. If I write CAM1, CAM2, CAM3 etc...on all the names and press "Apply" and then go to "Live", sometimes I see one or two that got the good name. When I refresh the page,it is all gone again and everything is reverted to IPC for all cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No errors. If I write CAM1, CAM2, CAM3 etc...on all the names and press "Apply" and then go to "Live", sometimes I see one or two that got the good name. When I refresh the page,it is all gone again and everything is reverted to IPC for all cameras.
Try Internet Explorer or Pale Moon 32-bit.

jackdaw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried Internet Explorer, but never Pale Moon. Will try that now.
No difference :(
When I save, I see "Operation Succeeded" in green.
If I then leave "CAMERA NAME" and go to anything else on the NVR and go back to CAMERA NAME, it is again IPC for all cameras :/

@Wael Are you having the same problem?