Latest New NVR5xxx-4KS2 General_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000006.1.R.210709

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
it would had been from the Dauha firmware site where I went to copied the firmware's filename to pasted it in my previous post.

After seeing your post, I went back and I don't see it on there anymore. I guess the Dauha took it down?

It was in the Dauha download area because I wouldn't even bother to type the whole firmware filename out when I can just copy and paste it in a post. I am just too lazy for this so obviously they took it down or rename it to the "I / IL" models? I don't know but @EMPIRETECANDY may know something about it.
Yes, dahua deleted lots of 2022 Firmware, they said will have some new release later in months.
NVR5216-16P-I is end of life, -I means build in AI, this model can support 16ch Face Recogntion(FR)
NVR5216-16P-I/L is the new one replace the NVR5216-16P-I, they don't use the same firmware,sure the NVR5216-16P-4KS2E's firmware can't use on the build in AI ones.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the link from Dahua wiki ftp but they did remove it from their main site. Not sure why so use at your own risk. I did install it and have no problems so far but I did read somewhere that someone who installed this was unable to downgrade to a previous version afterwards. I have not tried to downgrade so cannot attest to this.
I am having this same issue with the camera names, will install this update now and test.

Edit:

successfully updated DHI-NVR5208-8P-4KS2 to
V4.002.0000000.2.R, Build Date: 20-01-2022

Thanks for this link

Last edited:

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the link from Dahua wiki ftp but they did remove it from their main site. Not sure why so use at your own risk. I did install it and have no problems so far but I did read somewhere that someone who installed this was unable to downgrade to a previous version afterwards. I have not tried to downgrade so cannot attest to this.
UPDATE: 4/20/22
Some people have reported being unable to revert back to an older firmware after installing the DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.2.R.220120.bin firmware. I actually reverted back to several older firmware's today without any issues whatsoever. Of course I always backup/save my configuration and default the NVR back to factory defaults before attempting any updates. This method is the best way to avoid failed updates or bricking the unit.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some people have reported being unable to revert back to an older firmware after installing the DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.2.R.220120.bin firmware. I actually reverted back to several older firmware's today without any issues whatsoever. Of course I always backup/save my configuration and default the NVR back to factory defaults before attempting any updates. This method is the best way to avoid failed updates or bricking the unit.
Do you know what's new with the update?

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you know what's new with the update?
Only difference I see is so far the camera names have not been reverted back to channelXX. This is the only reason I took the chance to update.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Only difference I see is so far the camera nam
I updated to the 20/1/22 firmware and lost IVS push notifications via NVR to DMSS. So reverted back to V4.0010000007.1 to regain notifications correctly. No issues reverting back for myself.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I updated to the 20/1/22 firmware and lost IVS push notifications via NVR to DMSS. So reverted back to V4.0010000007.1 to regain notifications correctly. No issues reverting back for myself.

Are you using P2P or Dauha cloud account?

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you using P2P or Dauha cloud account?
Hi thanks for your question.
No to P2P or Dahua account. I only use VPN via Open VPN on Android to gain access for my home LAN network.
Regardless the IVS didn't work for myself even on the local LAN for notifications via NVR to DMSS. Rollback on firmware did resolve thankfully.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your question.
No to P2P or Dahua account. I only use VPN via Open VPN on Android to gain access for my home LAN network.
Regardless the IVS didn't work for myself even on the local LAN for notifications via NVR to DMSS. Rollback on firmware did resolve thankfully.
Oh Android ... sorry IOS user here .....

On my setup - I use local too but I have the port forward strictly to NVR. IVS works for me every time .. I was using Dauha cloud service and also tested the P2P functionally cause I like how it saved all the notification on the DMSS app (it's only offered to cloud users, not available on local account.)

But after the recent firmware update, notification and playback became really spotty for me like work half of the time etc. so I went back to local and port forwarded to my NVR.

I am not worried about security, all my cameras are outdoor where the public can see where the cameras can see too. I don't believe in having cameras indoor but a good loud ear piercing alarm system what work the best for indoor. I just like spying on the pubic from the comfort of my couch or office if folks are walking too close to my properties. :)

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is the work around for the playback feature to be more smooth ? i noticed it skips and sometimes just reverts back to be beginning of the motion playback. could it be codec related to the camera setup ? anyone tested with the new AI Codec ?

cheers

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hold off applying the 220120 firmware. While is seems to fix the camera name problem, I am now having random cameras freeze in the live view. Still streaming, but the live view will be frozen. refreshing the live view fixes it temporally.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hold off applying the 220120 firmware. While is seems to fix the camera name problem, I am now having random cameras freeze in the live view. Still streaming, but the live view will be frozen. refreshing the live view fixes it temporally.
Can you please elaborate on this? Do you mean live view on the NVR itself or something else? I have not noticed this on my nvr5216-16p-4ks2e

cmos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Live view on the monitor connected directly to the NVR. Single camera freeze. Never had a camera freeze before. All Dahua Andy cams. DMSS or browser still streaming ok, just live view.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Live view on the monitor connected directly to the NVR. Single camera freeze. Never had a camera freeze before. All Dahua Andy cams. DMSS or browser still streaming ok, just live view.
You might want to try backing up your config (export), default the NVR, then restore (import) your backed up config. I have not noticed any freezing in mine.

Wael

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Dahua website. DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322
I found it and loaded it. All went fine. I was previously running the 220120 firmware but haven’t noticed any difference yet. Was hoping it would solve an RTSP issue but it didn’t.