Latest New NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000003.1.R.200813

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have the option called 'Add' on mine I have a globe - I click it to activate it for each channel selected in the combo box. What is corner stairs? The name of the camera? What happens if you click add?

in the second screen shot have you set the schedule for the rules to be active? The settings button.

is the issue you can’t get a notification?
It's just to insert the rule I imagine (in the IVS screen) so I've just labeled the intrusion points and allocated them to a preset spot of the camera.

The most amount of rules I can have is three.

My issue is - I was hoping when someone comes into the intrusion box that, it'll pick it up and track the person. Then reset back to the preset position.

But I don't believe the points are being used by the camera/NVR

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don’t have a PTZ camera, so I am out of help on that issue. See if there are any threads on a similar issue using the search box above. Sorry I can’t be any more help.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, can I just ask, what version of firmware were you on before 4.0?

I am used to hikvision where you can see previous ones on the download page, but so far for me on dahua i can only see the 4.0 versions

Cheers

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@random101, I updated to the .3.R version a week ago and there was no issue updating. Have you tried rebooting your NVR first, then trying again?

random101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@random101, I updated to the .3.R version a week ago and there was no issue updating. Have you tried rebooting your NVR first, then trying again?
That's exactly what I had to do - works no worries :)

Not sure of the update features.

One thing I'd like to solve is the Auto tracking - a car will drive past then the camera will spin out (literally) then focus on a wall then back to the preset location...

Sunny7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently updated to DH_NVR4XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000000.3.R.200519 for my NVR4208-8P-4KS2 and everything went smoothly. My previous version was on V3 something from a year ago so everything looks totally different now. I wish there was a summery or a write up on all these features, I have no clue what all this extra security stuff is lol. My only issue so far is the NVR's web browser seems to be a bit too large for my laptop, or at least on palemoon 32bit.

565695.jpg

It seems like its just the update page though as I don't see the option to update my camera's through the NVR. I have no way to stretch that area on the bottom right. Is there a way to fix this?

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I wish there was a summery or a write up on all these features, I have no clue what all this extra security stuff is
@Sunny7, there were a set of release notes in Reibo's reply on 10th June. I have attached a copy of the manual.

It seems like its just the update page though as I don't see the option to update my camera's through the NVR. I have no way to stretch that area on the bottom right. Is there a way to fix this?
Perhaps if you go to the Display menu on the NVR and check your screen resolution. Mine is set to 1920x1080 and displays correctly on all monitors I use.

Attachments

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seems that Dahuaddns is no longer supported in NVR 4.0. Asked from Dahua support and the answer was just "
The Dahuaddns was no longer in use for a long time, we suggest you to choose third party DDNS service, thank you. " Well in older NVR versions and cameras it is still working.

Also other annoyance is that user can easily shut down NVR from web UI by mistake. I have once experienced this, when I was about to logout, but just accidentally chose the last option (shutdown). Had to drive 30km to turn it back on.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Also other annoyance is that user can easily shut down NVR from web UI by mistake.
I just did the 4.0 upgrade on a 5216 and very strongly agree with this statement. Having shutdown and reboot on the logout pull-down is crazy. They should be buried a level or two in the UI.

Sunny7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Sunny7, there were a set of release notes in Reibo's reply on 10th June. I have attached a copy of the manual.

Perhaps if you go to the Display menu on the NVR and check your screen resolution. Mine is set to 1920x1080 and displays correctly on all monitors I use.
Thanks, this is just what I needed. As for my resolution, I tried changing my laptop's resolution and it doesn't look like there even is an update button for the cameras section on the NVR's webpage. So I'm wondering how do you update through the NVR's webpage?

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Sunny7, on your laptop go to the NVR webpage and log in using Internet Explorer. When the main screen of the NVR opens, you should see the option called Display - it may be on page two of the main screen. Click on Display and set the NVR resolution there. You can also go and do this on the actual NVR itself if you have. A monitor connected to the NVR.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems that Dahuaddns is no longer supported in NVR 4.0. Asked from Dahua support and the answer was just "
The Dahuaddns was no longer in use for a long time, we suggest you to choose third party DDNS service, thank you. " Well in older NVR versions and cameras it is still working.

Also other annoyance is that user can easily shut down NVR from web UI by mistake. I have once experienced this, when I was about to logout, but just accidentally chose the last option (shutdown). Had to drive 30km to turn it back on.
I am not surprised that they no longer want to support DDNS service. They rather have customers using QR codebar and P2P service since it’s almost (keyword here “almost”) idiot proof which mean less call to their support.

Noticed how they try to push P2P feature when you do factory default after the 4.0 firmware upgrade?

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not surprised that they no longer want to support DDNS service. They rather have customers using QR codebar and P2P service since it’s almost (keyword here “almost”) idiot proof which mean less call to their support.

Noticed how they try to push P2P feature when you do factory default after the 4.0 firmware upgrade?
Yes, DDNS and port forwarding is indeed old fashioned, I mostly do all my installations also P2P as it is easy for client and works very stable nowadays. However, having Dahua DNS backup to get the public IP can be sometimes useful, even
if troubleshooting something else than Dahua issues. Also with P2P it is not possible to config NVR fully. Dahua DNS was good free service.

Yes, I have noticed that in new Dahua cameras/NVR's P2P is introduced during install, and that's good.

Sunny7

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Sunny7, on your laptop go to the NVR webpage and log in using Internet Explorer. When the main screen of the NVR opens, you should see the option called Display - it may be on page two of the main screen. Click on Display and set the NVR resolution there. You can also go and do this on the actual NVR itself if you have. A monitor connected to the NVR.
Yeah that's what I did, this is what I meant by no indication of an manual update button, using internet explorer this time.
4578568.jpg

So unless there's suppose to be more buttons to the far right of the Online Update button, it looks like their missing more than not fitting. Also changing the resolution doesn't seem to do anything for the webpage, it'll change the NVR hooked up to a monitor resolution but that's it. I had to Restore Down the browser just to see all of it. I've tried 4 different browsers and its still the same with the only difference is internet explorer has a Backup option in the home menu.

The NVR+monitor itself shows everything fine, its just the webpage that's being funny. Its not too big of a deal though, its really the only minor issue I'd had with this NVR update.