IVS scheduler

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought the NVR608-32-4KS2 from Andy.

I got everything working for the most part. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is the IVS Scheduler.

No matter what I schedule, the audio alarm triggers once the tripwire is broken. Anyone know what might be the problem? I've tried google and reading the wiki, seems like what I am doing should be working.

Here are my current settings:

Dont mind the black camera view, I took a screenshot before the live view loaded. You can still see the outline of the tripwire.

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 8.32.33 PM.png

I tried putting in a schedule and removing it, doesn't matter, audio alarms still screams when tripwire is broken.

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 8.32.51 PM.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Follow this thread to set up the NVR.

And you will want to access the cameras GUI, not set it up from the NVR userface, other than getting to the access of your cameras thru the e web browser in the NVR GUI.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll translate. Only use the cameras own setup interface to do any settings, don't use the NVR to do any settings for the camera. Also be sure you're using Internet explorer for any settings in the camera.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Man, this is one of the most helpful forums I have seen. Thank you guys.

I thought I was configuring the actual camera settings using SmartPSS, I was not. Exactly what that guide wittaj linked said not to do. I used IE and went straight to the camera IP and it worked.

btw, the guide says use SmartPSS for viewing but how do you fast forward? I don't see the option to do that.

I have a non-PoE NVR but it looks like a good part of that guide still applies. I have a managed 24 port managed switch.

So what is the purpose of the NVR with IVS settings if the IVS setting on the NVR do not work with the camera?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The communication for settings done in the NVR, is simply buggy, and don't always get communicated to the camera properly. In most case's, if you do all the settings in the Cameras web gui, they then get sent back to the NVR properly so things work.
Yeah, don't use SmartPSS for anything other than viewing for the same reasons.
Look for the "1X" symbol at the bottom of the smart pss screen, just left of the speaker icon, click it while a video is playing back.

You can also review videos and settings for the NVR by it's Web Interface as well.