IVS Rule Config Tripwire IPC-HFW5442T-ASE-NI no email Empire Dahua

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's my 4.0 NVR which did start life as a 3.0 GUI and was firmware upgraded
Good deal. We have different firmware versions so I can rationalize that's why we see different behavior, and move on with my life instead of trying to figure out why we see different behavior.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish I got an email.
I am fighting with this for days .
See also How to Upload vidoe clips with Dahua HI-NVR4208-8P-4KS2 ?
I gethealth mais from the NVR But no events so far, Tripwires work.
Also When I go in the camera settings and add the same mail credentials the camera fails in sending a test mail. I tripple checked what I entered but still I see a short popup showing "Fail mailset"

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If the cameras are plugged into the PoE ports of the NVR , the NVR sends the email.

If the cameras are plugged into an external switch they send the email, assuming the subnet mask and Gateway are correct to allow them to get out.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish I got an email.
I am fighting with this for days .
See also How to Upload vidoe clips with Dahua HI-NVR4208-8P-4KS2 ?
I gethealth mais from the NVR But no events so far, Tripwires work.
Also When I go in the camera settings and add the same mail credentials the camera fails in sending a test mail. I tripple checked what I entered but still I see a short popup showing "Fail mailset"
The camera's are al Dahua and plugged in to the NVR DHI-NVR4208-8P-4KS2
V4.001.0000003.1, Build Date: 2020-08-13

The NVR can send a test mail that I confirmed and I also get healt mails at the correct interval but no trip wire mails.
I can see the trip markers in my recordings And those are as expected
I also went in the AI settings and checked the box for send email in the more options

In teh camera settings I also have checked the send email box under the IVS settings

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just did after your mail. I will retry, but at this moment quite heavy rain here.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And I assume your cameras, on the Registration page of the NVR, all show an IP address of 10.1.1.x and a port of 1,2,3 etc?

IPCamer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bertnl Goedeavond

After reading the posts, can you check the following:
At the moment , do you have the "send email" option active in both the camera and NVR ?
What if you deselect this option in the camera and have it only enabled in the NVR for the correct camera?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You are making your IVS settings and checking the send email box ON the camera itself right? Not the NVR interface….

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are making your IVS settings and checking the send email box ON the camera itself right? Not the NVR interface….
I checked in both. It is a bit confusing that there ae different location where you can do settings.
I would prefer to send from the camera but there the mail sending seems to be blocked by the NVR.

I also tried after reboot but that did not change anything.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Basically, make ALL settings and changes on the cameras themselves. The only thing you set in the NVR is the recording schedules and top level networking like the SMTP tab.

Still, there’s a piece of the puzzle we’re missing. I’ve set up a number of these and not had this problem.

The cameras can’t send email directly from the 10.1.1.x subnet as it can’t reach the Interwebs.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Do your cameras that are hooked directly to the NVR show port 1,2 3 etc? NOT 37777

• Cameras that are plugged into the PoE ports of the NVR should have an IP of 10.1.1.x and a port of 1, 2 etc
  • Cameras using and external switch, will have an IP from your LAN and a port of 37777
RegistrationPage-mixed.jpg

Try these settings ON THE CAMERA
1- Make sure P2P is turned off (I have no idea if it effects email or not but turn it off for now if you are using it)
camera-NoP2P.jpg
2- Try these network settings on a camera
camera-network-noDNS.jpg
3- Email on camera off- NVR handles this for cameras using the NVR ports/switch. Cameras on 10.1.1.x subnet cant send email out
Email-PoEcamera-NVRdoesIt.jpg
4- IVS rules on camera
IVS-PoEcameraWemailchecked.jpg

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do your cameras that are hooked directly to the NVR show port 1,2 3 etc? NOT 37777

• Cameras that are plugged into the PoE ports of the NVR should have an IP of 10.1.1.x and a port of 1, 2 etc
  • Cameras using and external switch, will have an IP from your LAN and a port of 37777
View attachment 100116
This is correct at my side
I have applied all the setings you suggested, although some screens look slightly different.
But all settings match and I did a testrun.
The triggers are in the recording but no email.
I have sent the test mail again via my own domain mail account ant that mail is correct.
But no alert mail from the trip
Checked also my spam folders but nothing there:oops:

IPCamer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bertnl

So you receive a test email when pressing "TEST" in your NVR?
- Then did you enable the email function ,if not you are still able to send a test email but the email functionality is not enabled!
test_mail.JPG
- Enable also the "send email" function in the IVS setup in your NVR.
trigger_mail.JPG

That should be enough to get an email from an IVS event.

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bertnl

So you receive a test email when pressing "TEST" in your NVR?
- Then did you enable the email function ,if not you are still able to send a test email but the email functionality is not enabled!
View attachment 100166
- Enable also the "send email" function in the IVS setup in your NVR.
View attachment 100167

That should be enough to get an email from an IVS event.
Yep. I receive a test mail and every 6 hours a heath mail.

1630325489260.png

1630325432144.png
As far as I can see they are set OK

Last edited:

IPCamer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bertnl
Indeed , the settings are correct.
- I have only one clue left: Is "Disarming" in ALARM disabled in the NVR?
Disarm_disabled.JPG

Last edited:

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1630333326885.png

This is on so probably yes When I close disable the alarm I get 2 emails :) So we get further:)
Now only one with a snapshot showing nothing special but no clip.

Alarm Event: Motion Detection
Alarm Input Channel No.: 1
Alarm Input Channel Name: voorkant
Alarm Start Time (D/M/Y H:M:S): 30/08/2021 15:22:43
Alarm Device Name: NVR Bert
Alarm Name: voorkant
IP Address: 192.168.1.108
Alarm Details:

It says motion detect
But I see nothing intruding on the snapshot

Strange I now get every few minutes a mail One with snapshot and 2 minutes later one without snapshot But No clips yet

bertnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@IPCamer

`The strange thing is that I get many mails but only for 1 of the 4 camera's . And there is no video in this mail
They are sent from the NVR. with the subject NVR alert

IPCamer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bertnl
As far as I know, an email will be sent when an "alarm event" starts and when the "alarm event" stopped ( End). So yes for every event, 2 emails will be send.
In the email message, you will see what kind of alarm event has been triggered (Tripwire , Intrusion , Face Detection , Motion Detection ,etc...).
Only one image (jpg) is added as an attachment to the first or second email depending on the alarm event type.

So if you only receive alarm events of type Motion Detection, you could disable "send email" in the NVR at ALARM, Video detection, Motion detection, MORE.
Check all setting for all other cameras, from which you need or don't need an email.