IPCC-7210E ? sorry, newb and having trouble keeping it all straight

RobinC

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking at this camera at https://smile.amazon.com/IPCC-7210E-HDPro-Nightvision-Compatible-Blueiris/dp/B073R5GJKZ/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1535310273&sr=1-7&keywords=ptz+poe+ip+outdoor+audio&refinements=p_36:-25000&dpID=3133EGNUF1L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

I don't like that it's only 4x optical but I'm having trouble choosing another one.

It's a bit overwhelming. I've already bought 2 on Amazon that I returned because they didn't turn out to be what I wanted after all. The one I just returned was only because I didn't pay enough attention and didn't realize it didn't have audio. It was this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0797NJ9WT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm looking for Outdoor PTZ POE (optional POE) with built-in audio with good optical zoom and night vision.
This is for out back - we have an acre fenced separately behind our back yard with goats and chickens.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please read the cliff notes it the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

PTZ are not recommended as you first camera. As it is said, are you going to monitor it 24/7 so you can use the PTZ. It is better to use multiple fixed turret.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking at this camera at https://smile.amazon.com/IPCC-7210E-HDPro-Nightvision-Compatible-Blueiris/dp/B073R5GJKZ/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1535310273&sr=1-7&keywords=ptz+poe+ip+outdoor+audio&refinements=p_36:-25000&dpID=3133EGNUF1L&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch#HLCXComparisonWidget_feature_div

I don't like that it's only 4x optical but I'm having trouble choosing another one.

It's a bit overwhelming. I've already bought 2 on Amazon that I returned because they didn't turn out to be what I wanted after all. The one I just returned was only because I didn't pay enough attention and didn't realize it didn't have audio. It was this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0797NJ9WT/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm looking for Outdoor PTZ POE (optional POE) with built-in audio with good optical zoom and night vision.
This is for out back - we have an acre fenced separately behind our back yard with goats and chickens.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
both are garbage.

RobinC

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there specific features about the 2 I mentioned before that make you say they are garbage?

I currently have a DLINK 2330L and Samsung SNH-E6440BN so it's not actually my first camera. The Samsung finally stopped working after 2 years. The DLINK is ok but I'm looking for more coverage, better zoom and better night vision. It's currently recording 24/7 to NAS, which I really like. I want to move it to point to the front when I get something better for the back.

I did read the wiki cliff notes but it's quite alot. I'll try to go thru it again but I don't know that I will be able to figure how to narrow down hundreds and hundreds of cameras from it.

Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

RobinC

n3wb
Reaction score
I am fascinated by the cliff notes and would very much love to be able to study them and the rest of the wiki if I could fit that in somewhere but I simply can't.

It's not a matter of "if it's important enough you will find the time".

It's just life situations that take over time and make it impossible to squeeze in more.

Here is a link to a video from the DLink cam. I think it's awesome that we got this from the DLINK shortly after we put it up.
Jackson2Coyotes.mp4

Hopefully the link works.

It does make me want to add more cameras but we have an old farmhouse about 100 years old or more that we hate to drill into anywhere if we can avoid it.

I can drive a nail anywhere in any wall and hit solid wood boards.

2 stories, router is upstairs.

The PTZ is really for my hubby who worked from home when we moved here in 2010 and then had to go back into the office every day.
His heart is back here with his critters.
I work from home 40 hours and am the "tech" in the house so it's on me and I'd love for him to have more ways to look with a PTZ.

I do agree about more cameras instead of PTZ but that will have to be down the road.

I'm very happy to have the suggestions to look at so thanks for those! I will check them out.

RobinC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alastairstevenson!

I do like the SD49225T-HN but I'm not clear on the microphone connection. I have an outdoor mic but that cam looks like raw wires and not RCA so I don't know what to do with that.