IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.15OG004.0.R.201203

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys

The Smart IR firmware has been released. The update is mainly because of the new lot has a small hardware change, so this firmware can work for both the latest new cameras and old batches.

IPC-T5442T-ZE
IPC-T5442TM-AS
IPC-T5241TM-AS
IPC-B5442E-ZE
IPC-B5442E-Z4E
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV
IPC-D5442E-ZE
IPC-D5442E-Z4E
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E
IPC-HFW5241E-ZE
IPC-HFW5241E-Z5E
IPC-HDPW5442GP-Z
IPC-HFW5241T-AS-PV
IPC-HFW5541TP-AS-PV
IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV

Can refer to the our amazon shop for camera details.

Andy

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You can’t mention a small change and then not tell us about it
haha, dahua tell me a new part will be used on new batches, no further details. Also has a dahua official fw without smart IR, I will add to the download link tomorrow, need some testing.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have applied this update to an IPC-HDW5442T-ZE / Andy model IPC-T5442T-ZE and it was a reminder to set aside time when updating firmware.
No issues, applying the update but it's like a completely different camera a night, and I needed to re-dial in all the settings.
Most noticeably, with the previous firmware the picture was nice and bright a little over exposed in areas close to the IR (particularly leaves), post update the over exposure is gone but the background is very dark.
Overall the night picture is better, particularly with motion up-close, but damn did I get used to having so much clarity in the background, but a small price to pay for the clearer motion at night.
Really happy with this update, thanks Andy.

fixxxer0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what is a good baseline setting for a dark area using the IR lights?

I'm still getting close up faces completely washed out. Actually looks pretty good at like 10feet away.

I have BLC on and IR set to auto.

ozcam

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using ConfigTool for the FW upgrade but get an invalid password error. I have the password but where do I enter it? (I noticed my cam has .16.R FW so I will not be upgrading but still would like to know for the future). Thank you!
Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 6.53.49 PM.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy,

This firmware does not have all of the icons when in live view using Chrome. Works fine with Internet Explorer 11 when plugin is loading .

Chrome
Chrome.jpg

Internet Explorer 11
IE11.jpg

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with this firmware? I am having an issue with the time being off by 7 minuets and NTP will not stay checked after saving.

Thanks
Mike
NTP Not Working.jpg

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No issue here. Are you sure the PCS time is correct?
Looney2ns,

Yes, does you camera keep the NTP checked when you enable NTP. Also if I Sync with the PC the time it set to the correct time then changes back to 7 minutes off within a minute.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I found the issue. I have an Asustor NAS and have the camera connected to their Surveillance Center software and the time was off on the NAS. It looks like their Surveillance Center software overrides the NTP setting in the camera and sync the camera to the NAS

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy,

You might want to ask Dahua to add the option to enable or disable ONVIF time sync. Because if you enable NTP when the camera is not connected to an ONVIF server as soon as you connect the camera to the ONVIF server the camera receive an ONVIF command to time sync and turns off NTP.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

kenzi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have also had quite a few problems, first with time, when I got a message in the app, then the time was wrong and now I see more of my options are gone here.
i also can not just get DMSS to run with message system anymore, i have reinstalle app but still the same ?

0C50A7B4-3036-43A0-86F9-F27ED28EA874.jpeg

Attachments

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I keep getting stuck on "Rebooting, please wait" when trying to update firmware. I'm logging directly into camera (t5241h-as-pv) IP, via the blue "explorer icon" on the NVR, and go to "upgrade". Keeps getting stuck at reboot stage.
Ideas?
Cheers, Mat

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So is SmartIR still broken on the 5442's (close in IR)? I use manual IR but for my own curiosity I'm wondering if it was ever fixed or if the updates to the firmware to fix this bug were stopped.